ATI Catalyst 12.10 Legacy Performance Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by dellon132, Nov 3, 2012.

1. onemoar

onemoar Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060SC @2250/4550
    how about you ./uninstall before you and your particular brand of noobitus cost some unsuspecting user the usability of there machine with your hacked apart frankNdriver because you are to ****ing poor to upgrade if you wanna hack on drivers do it on your own machine and don't disto it AMD tolerates driver modding because some of the modders do happen to know what they are doing YOU and the Op on the other hand don't have a ****ing clue and I take it as a personal insult that you chose to spread your brand of stupid to unsuspecting users
    some unsuspecting user is gonna come across this and attempt to install it
    best cause scenario is that it doesn't work and windows defaults to VGA mode worst case is that it installs and the machine bsods/fails to boot OR worse yet the driver screws up something like the fan control or the voltage control and frys the card ill be blunt you aren't smart enough to know what you are going so please stop trying you aren't special you are not impressive you are a IDIOT of the worst kind a Idiot that spreads his Ignorance ...

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  2. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    So I take it you moderators are going to tolerate this persons behavior?

He is obviously not part of the solution but is a part of the problem. Yes, some of us are just that! to ****ing poor to upgrade because we either live in an economy where employment and pay rates are garbage, or, PC hardware is twice the price of that than what is in other country's or all of the above.

But in reality, ankinferno and dellon132 are offering a solution for pre-5xxx users whereas AMD have failed, the bench mark results speak for themselves, and yes, we are all aware of the risks, but that's what being a PC enthusiasts is all about.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  3. MichaelT

MichaelT Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 970m 3GB
    I 100% agree with Mikedogg here. I am capable of buying any video card I want. I paid $1200.00 for my laptop three years ago, which has a 4650 1GB card in it. The card runs all of the games I have. I also agree that we are aware of the risks we take when "experimenting and tweaking" our machines. I regularly make full backups of my machine, and am capable of a full reinstall of windows if ever necessary. I can change out a video card too if necessary. I have about 18 Microsoft Certifications (MCITP, MCSE, MCSA, etc. on Server 2008R2 and 2012, windows 7 and 8) as well as a few Cisco (CCNP to name one). I do not appeciate coming here to this forum which I enjoy alot, only to see and read this type of blatant disrespect and outright EVIL negative useless behavior. If this is what the forum is going to tolerate, I fully realize I am free to never visit it again, but I will still not leave quietly without first stating my thoughts. I also am ok with the offender writing an apology to all of us here and being allowed to stay if he or she chooses. If that does not happen, I feel that individual should be banned.

Thanks,
    Michael

4. rstalcup

rstalcup Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX980Ti STRIX 6gb ea
    Why the Debate

You know all of this debate and name calling really is not necessary, if AMD/ATI had kept its word and released the legacy drivers with 12.9, but no they demonstrated that as a company they cannot be trusted. They have already abandoned all users with the legacy cards before ever putting out a drive that worked as promised. I don’t know about you, but I for one will never buy AMD again, and you users out there with the non-Legacy Cards how much longer until you are relegated to Legacy status, after all AMD’s stock is already going down, it is down by 57% this year alone and in the last week they have cut their future wafer purchases by nearly 80%, for those of you that don’t know, wafers are what GPUs, CPUs, and chips are made of.
    So has a user, of both AMD/ATI and Nvidia products I can say without reservation that I will never purchase nor will I recommend AMD/ATI to anyone again. So please enjoy your AMD products while you can, just like the passengers on the Titanic enjoyed their last meal.

5. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Sorry about the earlier post. I have not made a windows 8 64 bit driver yet. Although the windows 7 64 bit may work on windows 8, I do not recomend installing the driver because I never tested it for windows 8 64 bit. When I release my next set of drivers, support for windows 8 x64 bit will be included.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  6. vlc_marcos

vlc_marcos Member

GPU:
    asus 8800gt/ hd M 4650
    so what are the steps to install this drivers???

7. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Instructions
    1. Download the driver from the provided link
    2. Extract the driver using winrar, 7zip etc.
    3. Install the driver using Setup.exe
    4. I recomend using custom install to uncheck opencl
    before installing. I will replace opencl or remove it
    from the package at a later date.

8. vlc_marcos

vlc_marcos Member

GPU:
    asus 8800gt/ hd M 4650
    i have a mobility 4650 ddr2

9. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3

you can use the beta driver for windows 7 64 bit. Make sure you install it over your current set of drivers or install after uninstalling your current set of drivers. And do not by any means restart your PC after uninstalling your driver. Only restart your PC after you have finish installing the Beta driver.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  10. vlc_marcos

vlc_marcos Member

GPU:
    asus 8800gt/ hd M 4650
    w7 64bits

11. matevt

matevt Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD4830
    Are you still working on the drivers?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  12. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Yes, I still am. However, I will release the 11.11 beta 11 driver for 32 bit OS later today after I finish testing it.

13. JACKAL HAWK

JACKAL HAWK Active Member

GPU:
    RADEON HD 6320 384mb
    installation does not detect graphics driver version in catalyst install manager. what to do, I already disable driver sighning.

14. Gvaz

Gvaz Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX750ti
    Reupload the 64bit one?

15. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    The 12.10 driver is no longer relevant. I recommend trying the ATI 12.11 Modded Driver for Legacy GPU. This driver is base on performance and with the latest builds you should be able to install the driver without any problems. Test Mode and Driver Enforcement signature is no longer necessary as you can install the driver by using normal means.

16. semisator

semisator Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Is there any driver for my legacy X1600 card? I stuck with 10.2 official which is causing laggy performance on all system (Win 7)..Thanks for any help.

17. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    There is currently no working driver for Previous Legacy Products. But I may by buy older x1000 Series Graphic Card so I can create a driver that functions for Previous Legacy Users.

18. semisator

semisator Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Wow you could really do that? The main problem with my win 7 is laggy an choppy scrolling in full screen especially in any browser on flash heavy web pages. Maybe hardware acceleration tab which is now greyed out would help with modded or hacked driver?! Maybe the problem is not my graphics driver. I have no idea after trying numerous solutions and drivers.