RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nshell

Nshell Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7970 3Gb
    hello japamd, first congratz on your latest developments on RP and to all your dev team in RP project.

my question is the compatibility of RP and SKSE.

is there anyway i can make SKSE compatible with RP?

if there is and i missed it im sorry but i have been trying to find in google a possible compatibility between RP and SKSE TESV and i have never found it. all i really found was post about RP not being compatible SKSE.
    i run multiple mods in skyrim that really need skse and they dont work fully breaking the immersion of these mods, mods like wet and cold, frost fall, convenient horses, skyrim community uncap, and many others.

my GFX is amd 7970 3Gb my skyrim is set to SSAA 4x, MLAA, Anisotropic Filtering 16x, ultra high video, high shadows, all HD mods from Texture pack combiner and i use step with all mods in HD as a base skyrim plus some content mods i think are a must in my game play. I use sweetfx and im yet to understand if i should remove sweetfx inject dll and using only RP feature.

i would also like to report that RP preview beta after i launch Skyrim with skse and have a test playthru when i turn of skyrim and i return to desktop i cant interact with RP i see the window i see the settings but i cant interact with RP, its like in a frozen state, like if RP didnt recognize Skyrim exit, looks to that RP is still in game mode.

Re Re Edit: I dont understand... RP preview now is fully compatible with SKSE(i uninstalled RadeonPro_RC1, i had both versions installed different folders...)
    but i cant have OSD info on screen, not in window mode or full screen mode, and built in sweetfx only works on full screen mode, not on window mode.

Re Edit: I also use a "mod" app ATTK that alters all processes priority to low (and many other options) and i noticed that it altered RP to low priority, this might be the reason why i had RP frozen after i exit skyrim.

Edit: I removed Sweetfx files and im using only RP built in sweetfx.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  2. zerowalker

zerowalker Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 380
    People who play with AO on new games, are you having some serious high end cards?

I got, 6970, which, well, is pretty high end, but nothing Amazing, but AO totally kills my GPU (as well as some demanding games of course).

Would like to know, as i will buy the new 8k series when they arrive probably.

3. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yes AO is very demanding i have 2x 7950s @1150/1475

and playing for instance dishonoured,

i get constant 60fps with AO on or OFF but with it off my GPUS both use 55% usage but with AO on that jumps to 92% usage still over 60fps but its really a monster frames killer, if you dont have the grunt it will kill your frames.

----------------------------------
    You have got to understand that the AO that Japamd adds to games it not like the AO thats optimized to a game, everything gets AO when japamd adds support even stuff that is not ment to get it lol compared to for instance a game thats been optimized for it, thats why its a frames killer.

4. zerowalker

zerowalker Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 380
    Thanks for clarifying, and yeah i know that it´s not optimized, and it´s very understandable, but it´s amazing that it works so well still.

I am not complaining at it if some think that, i just wanted to know.

I think that it´s excellent for those that afford it, and want to have that little extra in the games that can have it.

I am one of those people who Want it, but well, 6970 isn´t able to push that much, as i can´t even get 60 fps on all games at high, so an upgrade will be made when the 8k series comes:)

5. totya

totya Guest

GPU:
    Asus EAH4850 512MB
    Hi!

v1.1.1.0 2012.12.23 version start correctly on my system (not crashed see last versions).

Thanks...

6. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Nshell, sorry, I don't know that program/script nor have reports (either good or bad) of RP running with it.

I've tested some games with my HD 6970 and some of them play just fine while observed a huge hit on some others.

On which games are you seeing that huge performance hit and how much performance are you talking about?

Cool, thanks for reporting it back :)

7. zerowalker

zerowalker Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 380
    Well, mostly talking about, Orcs Must Die, which i can play fine (with some fps drops if i go near the portals, seem like a Engine bug though), and there it´s a big fps drop, i can´t maintain 60fps all the time, and i get from 50 to 80-90% core.

the same for LoL, which didn´t work with AO, it just messed things up, but the drop was killing there, and i get like 1-200fps with all high.

Though these are the games i have tried, as those are games i can play on the highest and still have power left.

8. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    I don't have that game, but it might be something related to the bit flags you've used for AO profile. Out of curiosity, did you tried AO with Low or Medium quality?

Anyways of course there's a performance hit and that hit varies a lot from game to game from what I observed during the tests of several games.

9. alientorni

alientorni Guest

GPU:
    MSI 5770 (bios6770) Hawk
    i've been using the beta and i think it's causing some games crash on exit. game process freezes at like 30mb and never closes.

10. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Which games?

Bug reports are welcome, but please remember that half information is only half good...

11. Bullu$

Bullu$ Master Guru

GPU:
    R290X CFX@1050/1350
    Re-download the latest Rp, but sweetfx isn't there anymore?
    The settings are there but can't change the sweetfx settings

[​IMG]

During the setup I also got an error
    [​IMG]
    only ignore helps
    OSD also doesn't work anymore.

12. zerowalker

zerowalker Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 380
    Maybe, well first used Ultra, and that killed my fps, then i used medium i think, which also did quite a hit, then low, which, didn´t do much difference in visual, but the hit was still quite hard if i remember correct.

13. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    You can't ignore that error, you must close RP before trying to update it and if that error pops up during the installation process, you must abort the installation and either restart your system or logout/login again then install newest build.

Did you noticed you're running an older version? Current preview is 1.1.1.0, you're running 1.1.0.6.

Ok.

14. zerowalker

zerowalker Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 380
    Okay, just wondering. Darksiders 2, can you Japamd play at max settings with 6970?

Cause i can´t keep 60fps at max shadow, but i can with one step back, then i get plenty of fps over:S

15. |ALE|

|ALE| Guest

sorry for the question but't i can't find an answer.... what difference between HBAO and volumetric ambient occlusion?

16. Nshell

Nshell Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7970 3Gb
    Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE)
    SKSE wrappers TESV.exe, i dont know why but RP somehow prevents SKSE to fully wrap tesv making mods that require skse runtime to not work properly.

i found that sometimes RP is still on, but i cant interact with it, i see the interface i see the settings but i cant edit or interact with RP, when this happens and i launch Skryrim with SKSE it works properly 100% and all mods that depend on skse also work 100%, when RP is in this state i dont have OSD, i cant toggle options like AO or SMAA or sweetfx, but sweetfx preset is still on i see that its the settings i have made on sweetfx for skyrim.

now a last question, are you going to give SKSE some attention of your time to see if there might be a compatible way to make it work fully while running RP?

thank you for your time and effort.

17. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    you tried with the launcher settings? they were used years ago, idk if they still exist, since i'm not at my main PC and dont have RP. But they were designed for those kind of wrappers.

Also, are you sure you dont have sweetFX already in skyrim folder which could conflict with RP one?

btw, merry christmas every1, specially john :)

18. Nshell

Nshell Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7970 3Gb
    i use the launcher option too but doesnt work with SKSE
    also all apps run as admin RP,SKSE,TESV my system is 7 x64

im sure about sweetfx its in D:\Skyrim\Apps\sweetfx
    and skyrim is in original folder D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim

merry xmas every1, specially john (Bom Natal ^^)

[​IMG]

19. teppic

teppic Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980
    RP works fine for me with Skyrim using skse. I don't set the launcher to anything, leaving it on the default.

20. Nshell

Nshell Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7970 3Gb
    are you sure do you use SKYUI? and when you open your inventory does SKYUI tells you SKSE is not installed?

or do you use wet and cold an the mode doesnt tell you that SKSE is installed?

this are just 2 examples from many others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.