RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz

From the changelog:
    - New: Built-in SweetFX integration, allowing global and per game SweetFX effect shaders configuration. SweetFX can be used on any DirectX 9/10/10.1/11 games running on 32-bit or 64-bit. Configure SweetFX at RadeonPro settings and remove all 3rd party injector's DLLs from game directories if you want to use RadeonPro's SweetFX integration. Obs: SweetFX shaders are disabled on Battle.net games and Planetside 2. Also, one additional module (PPContainer.dll for 32-bit/PPContainer64.dll for 64-bit) is used when SweetFX shaders are loaded in memory, making easier to detect when a game is employing custom shaders to modify games' appearance through RadeonPro

SFX is disabled on Battle.net games and on Space Planet 2, trying to activate SFX via assigned hotkey will result in that message. I'll put an option to force it by editing some config file. The use of SFX is detectable by checking if the game is using PPContainer.dll or PPContainer64.dll.

Use of SFX on Battle.net games are blocked by request from my contact at Blizzard.

Yes, but for some reason either RP is unable to read from registry to query UAC information or it's failing to load advapi32.dll.

2. laimis911

laimis911 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    @japamd
    Thank you ! Now AO is working in Skyrim :) to work correctly in C:\Users\**\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\SkyrimPrefs.ini I had to add 1 in those lines

bTreesReceiveShadows=1 (from 0 to 1)
    bShadowsOnGrass=1 (from 0 to 1)

if those lines are set to 0 no AO on trees or grass , but now it works . Thank you again !

I've tried SweetFX and it's not working (in all games I'm getting message : post processing is not available) and the SweetFX control panel looks like this without any controls
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  3. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    You may notice that in rare situations AO will suddenly stop working, but will work again as you move through the map. Nevertheless it's better than before, that's for sure.

About SFX, it was my fault. Probably a search/replace went wrong and some code got changed when it shouldn't, breaking SFX. I published an update to fix it, but some profiles may have lost SFX functionality requiring a manual edit of profile .xml file. The lines below must be removed from .xml file for broken profiles:

<Property name="_UseSFX" value="1" />
    <Property name="_SFXEffectSettings" value="......" />

After saving the edited file, RP must be shutdown and restarted. After that you'll be able to add SweetFx settings again.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

4. Surridge

Surridge Guest

GPU:
    HD 7970
    Well the thing is, I did read through the changelog and saw those additions... I suppose I should have been a bit more specific, but SFX is not working for me in any game it seems. I have tried Mass Effect 3, Far Cry 3 and Dishonored, for example - all with the same result.

Edit: Heh, I guess I am too slow with posting :D
    Thanks for the info :)

5. Surridge

Surridge Guest

GPU:
    HD 7970
    Edit: Never mind - me being stupid again :D
    Completely ignored the part about you publishing an update. Re-downloaded and reinstalled and it's working fine now, thanks :)

6. Christoph773

Christoph773 Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7970
  7. Isbre

Isbre Guest

GPU:
    290X Matrix H2O
    @Christoph773
    You have to go inside RP settings to activate i think.

@japamd
    Tried HBAO in HL2 after you got it working. But I can't seem to. Any idea?

Either it does nothing or 50% chance to produce this effect as seen here

[​IMG] [​IMG]

edit: using latest bulid 12/22

edit2: I just realized I may have fiddled around with the settings and changed the buffer index and so on before you reported you had fixed it, so thats maybe why it's messed up. So can someone tell me what the right values are?

8. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Yeah, that was completely unexpected, I owe you an apology for making false assumptions (I thought you're talking about some Battle.net game or PS2).

Did you enabled Ambient Occlusion at program settings?

[​IMG]

Sorry, I posted a few pages before that I had to drop the AO profile for HL2 due to some random crashes. It's not working yet.

9. Christoph773

Christoph773 Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7970
  10. reNoTik

reNoTik Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD6790
    Hi.U have a very useful program.
    I used Radeon Pro mode Drever compatibility with drivers 10.10a for smoothing Although NFS Pursuit 2010.
    But after reinstalling windose I can not load the driver through the program.
    Help, how to install these drivers Radeon about now?

11. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Try moving through the map or load different saves.

12. plywood99

plywood99 Guest

Howdy Japa. :)

I noticed after the latest update that the SweetFX tab is no longer showing values for the Effects Settings.

[​IMG]

13. laimis911

laimis911 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    Re-download installer ,it's fixed now.

14. laimis911

laimis911 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    @japamd
    I think Mass Effect 3 AO needs some improvements ,it worked great ,but after latest version now AO disappearing after loading or cutscenes. Alt+Tab restores AO but after some time it disappears again .

15. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    That functionality was removed.

Yes, it was due to a bug introduced in previous build. Here's the post about it

AO doesn't work at cut scenes on ME3. It should work during the game, however.

16. reNoTik

reNoTik Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD6790
    Thanks for the reply. Sorry now can not do smoothing in need for speed hot pursuit

17. laimis911

laimis911 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    I meant AO disappears in ME3 gameplay after loading new areas or after cut scenes ,not in cut scenes :) for example it works until I have any conversation with NPC after that AO disappears and I have to alt+Tab to bring it back . Like you mentioned that in Skyrim sometimes AO disappears, I have no Problems with Skyrim so far ,only in ME3 .

and thanks for the fix in SweetFX .

18. Christoph773

Christoph773 Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7970
    Nope, doesn´t help. Im using mods that modify the ingame lightning though, maybe they are a problem?

Edit: Also without mods, no AO for me.

19. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    John,

I upgrade to the latest version from 12/22/2012 and it appears my steam games are not showing the RP OSD (gpu,mem, speed, etc...)

I only uninstalled RP, left the profiles alone, reinstalled and ran RP without admin privileges.

Should I disable steam overlay or change any other settings? OSD is enabled by default in global but not checked in per game profiles. Did something change between this and the previous versions?

20. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Oh, I see. Will try it later, thanks for the feedback.

I don't know if mods can prevent AO from working. Check if you're running Skyrim with compatibility mode with previous versions of Windows or if you're running it as admin.

If ever a clean install of Skyrim doesn't work, please send your savegame to my email (look at RadeonPro.exe digital signature) so I can test it here.

Didn't changed anything that could break Steam, just tried some games (DX9/10/11) and OSD is working fine.

RP is configured to apply API monitoring only to programs listed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.