Catzilla Benchmark Thread

Discussion in 'Benchmark Mayhem' started by BlackZero, Dec 19, 2012.

1. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    cowie's was at 1.45 the whole ways through if you look at afterburner, all i'm saying is 1.12 > 1.45 is quite a step up.
    i can't get my head round these lightning clock speeds /temps, i'm assuming he has a lightning too.

2. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

It doesn't explain why his CPU physics score is 30% higher as we had the same processor at the same clocks.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2012
  3. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    Thanks for the new Build bonzaj !!
    Lets see how it runs...

4. bonzaj

bonzaj Guest

GPU:
    GTX680
    BlackZero: Thanks for that!the difference in score is simple. His GPU is way faster than yours :) (sorry he he). The best way to calculate it is to compare raymarch test which is ~20% faster (GPU clock) and fluid test which is also about 20% faster (GPU mem clock).
    The physics test is sth like combined test in 3dMark. Except for physics it calculates driver efficiency in drawing batches of geometry (parts of the building). It's heavily depends on how drivers are written. I will rename that test to Combined Physics & graphics (etc) when I'll be able to make changes in assets package. So - everything's fine here! Move along :D

5. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

We both know everything is not fine here.

The people with stock 680's are scoring higher at 1-2k on average than even overclocked 7970 scores. Guru3d user mikeysg showed this clearly in his comparison. Anyway we aren't stupid, despite what you might think.

Good luck renaming the CPU test that apparently doesn't rely on the CPU at all and uses Nvidia Physx software that apparently runs entirely on the CPU in a test that apparently doesn't run on the CPU after all. Yes very confusing.

I might just add a disclaimer to the initial post that AMD users need not apply, before I 'move long'.

6. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Well i guess i should run same physx if i had my 7970 @1400 then?
    i'll see maybe tommorow if i can but right now i have my DCII's in sli for that catzilla setting.
    Just installed another h70 so i have them both cool now.
    [​IMG]

yes in the next days or two :)

sites down btw

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  7. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

That would be helpful, Cowie.

I'll see if I can get the clocks up to near that mark on my card as well, I've finished with maxing the CCC limits now so will see how far it goes with unofficial overclocking.

8. bonzaj

bonzaj Guest

GPU:
    GTX680
    Black Zero: First of all I'm sorry for being so offensive. I thought that my arguments were a good explanation, but I added some coal to the heater at the end. Sorry for that!

Meanwhile to cool things down ... Please check our ranking here:

http://www.allbenchmark.com/index.p...97f3f7ec4d49eb584287685cbb274&listid=55&name=

Please excuse us two first places. They are SLI and CSX and shouldn't be here. We will erase that tomorrow. Almost all leaders have AMD cards, and one of them Lane:

http://www.allbenchmark.com/profil/userprofile/Lane

made better score with 7970 with i7 2600K than Cowie. So I cross my fingers that Cowie will prove that's not so bad after all :).

ON THE OTHER HAND!! I wrote it couple of times. Please don't look at crossfire scores at the moment. We got a feedback from AMD and they shown us where's the problem. You will have to wait after new year for the fix.

Thanks for serious testing.

9. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    448 Ti t score about same as other 5xx cards

[​IMG]

680 sli catzilla

[​IMG]

680 sli t score

[​IMG]

I have to try my 3930k i think

10. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    He He, Its normal, i use CFX 7970, but scaling was not good anyway. ( I have the feeling CFX is not working during all the bench session ). + storage system is not well detected, it detect only the first HDD.. but not the 2 SSD in raid 0 .

Anyway, look like some errors occurs during the bench, maybe related to the performance problem or bad scaling. ( or just gpuperf who bug itself lol )
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012

11. Venom007

Venom007 Guest

GPU:
    gtx680 2g ram
    wow download keeps getting interrupted, does anyone know of a a place other than the website where i can download beta 15, apparently to many ppl are downloading.

12. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    finally able to run, CPU got hammered in physics as expected :D

[​IMG]

13. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    I must have missed it, but how do you get SLi to work? I heard it is thru nV Inspector, but for the life of me,I can't find anything on it.....

Since CF support is slated for next year, I will run it again on my main rig when CF support has been fixed. This goes for my 3rd rig as well since it has a HD6990.

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    So with a 500 series GK110 it literally halfs cpu score.. >_<

Thanks for testing :)

15. Venom007

Venom007 Guest

GPU:
    gtx680 2g ram
    u have to force it through nividia control panel, go to manage 3d setting, program setting, locate the allbenchmark.exe file then scroll down to sli rendering mode and chose force alternate frame rendering 2 then hit apply, at least that's how i got it to work.

16. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Thanks bud, will try it out later, I am not in my house and posting this on my Sammy Tab 7.7.

Edit - OK, I got back and forced SLi via nV CP, it worked -
    [​IMG]
    My CPU score is still pretty bad, this benchmark really detest AMD CPU (and to some extend, AMD GPU's as well) guess I'd need an unlocked SB/IB to get good CPU Physics score.

17. Venom007

Venom007 Guest

GPU:
    gtx680 2g ram
    congrats on score,but the amd cpu is really pulling u down.

18. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    It's OK, dude, I built this rig for S3D gaming with a Zalman ZM-M240W, and wanted to try out an AMD CPU since I've already got the 3960X in my main rig, and an X9650 + HD6990 in my third rig. The FX has not let me down.....yet, it handles just about every mutha lovin' game I saw fit to throw at it. It helps that I am an SP guy, MMO's not my thing, if it were, I am sure I'd be let down by it in games like Planetside 2.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  19. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Yeah I'll take care of it.

We'll Mirror all beta's from our Gigabit file-mirrors .. Beta 15 will be up in an hour or so. Their download server for me is corrupting and halting the file as well.

http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/catzilla_benchmark_download.html

20. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Deleted: Updated Score on my newer post.