Rage

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by mcharj11, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    IT pains me to see how bad this game's skybox is. They should have at least try to spare some of the compression on that. It looks like a giant, low quality jpg in the sky :(

Did they try to improve texture detail in the DLC area? Or is it just as bad as the rest of the game?

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  3. Xcalibur2k

Xcalibur2k Member

GPU:
    PNY GTX 680 2GB
    Anyone else having massive fps drop after 45-60 min? Drops down to 5-10fps.

i7 875k
    12 GB Ram
    GTX 680 2GB (310.70)

At launch the game ran beautifully, at the time I was running a GTX 470 though.
    Wasn't sure if it could just be a driver issue or not.

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    I didnt get any drops in full non stop 3 hours of gaming.

Bought the dlc too. Really deserves its money.

I enabled gpu transcoding or what ever it is and it really helps visual quality.

5. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Is it worth getting? I borrowed my friends PS3 copy a while back and didnt like it at all. Was wondering if its any good on PC

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    If u put urself into game, it really catches u and sucks u in. I love it. Animations, shooting mechanics, fire fights. No mistake in here.

I was also thinking to order ps3 copy too but u told ur opinion. Y it is bad at ps3?

By the way, i used console command which was just change fov. And now i keep getting no achievement warning in every achievement action which stops the game and forces me to click ok.

Anyway to fix it?

And i started new game as new dlc nightmare difficulty. Or what ever it is. So challenging and fun.

Edit: im screwed

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2158342

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  7. Xcalibur2k

Xcalibur2k Member

GPU:
    PNY GTX 680 2GB
    I see where people have complaints about the texture quality and streaming issues. But looking past that it's a superb game, beautiful backdrops, silky smooth animation and some of the best old school feel gun-play.
    I absolutely loved this game. My only big complaint was the terribly abrupt ending, which my guess was Bethesda pushing id to get it out the door.

8. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I get that too albeit a bit earlier, thought it was a AMD OpenGL issue with 12.11 but after searching around the game is a bit problematic with overlays, this seems to confirm it since you get the same issue with a Nvidia GPU, hopefully you are using a overlay of sorts and this fully confirms that that's the issue but maybe it's something else.
    (Had to add the game as excluded from API monitoring in RadeonPro and FRAPS needed to be shut down as well.)

9. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

They could have had better resolution textures combined with the post processing thing they ended up settling with. Not sure what compression they used on the textures, but no doubt it's not the best one they could have used.

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I did enjoy rage but no sure why really. I thought the gunplay was avg at best - Use shotgun -> wait for enemy to notice/ run at you -> Shoot one shot to kill -> carry on collecting junk. The environment kept me going if only for taking screenshots, but otherwise it all just felt so empty, no one else roaming around on foot, it was just a bunch of over powered go-carts with guns that drove around in circles waiting to be blown up.

But after all that I did enjoy myself, so very strange.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012

11. adabiviak

adabiviak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
    What alterations do they make for the new difficulty level? If it's the same game, but your health slowly creeps away, for example, that's lame. If your gun damage is lowered and enemy damage is higher, that's cheap. If, for example, the sewers are now awash in Doom-quantity mutants, that would be awesome. Seriously, enough mutants to where you would think to yourself 'man, I wish I had crafted a seventh turret/bot' instead of 'why did I even make these?'

I'm up for another (fourth?) playthrough of Rage, so I'll be getting this content for sure.

12. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    You don't gradually lose health down to 25 or so as in Doom 3 which is good, however it seems mostly statistics related instead of increasing the amount of enemies though foes still go down very fast from what little I've played of the game so far.
    (Hits to the head kill with one or two shots, those bladed gauntlets also kill in two - three quick punches which I've relied on quite a bit to save ammo.)

13. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    well if i see it for less than 5 ill pick a copy. I dont know,it felt kind of unfinished to me, perhaps i couldnt get into it because of the gamepad as well (really irritates me to play fps with gamepad). It just felt something was missing. Then again my mate loved it on PS3 :)

14. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    Think I remember the 360 version being the better console version. Looked nicer and generally ran a lot smoother.

15. Xcalibur2k

Xcalibur2k Member

GPU:
    PNY GTX 680 2GB
    That could very well be, I have steam overlay off. But I always use EVGA Precision OSD. The only difference between last year and now other than Driver and video card; is that I recently started passing CPU utilization stats from HWiNFO64 over to the OSD to monitor individual thread usage.
    I'll try it with the whole server off tonight.

16. Xcalibur2k

Xcalibur2k Member

GPU:
    PNY GTX 680 2GB
    Oh I also forgot to mention. Last night when it started in again I noticed that my average FPS was still at 60. Now looking with the mouse was an absolute mess, completely unplayable. However using a 360 controller it was smooth with every few frames seeming to take an extra 100-200 ms to render making it hitch. Very odd, I've never run into that behavior before.

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Any modern day fixes for the stuttering in rage,

18. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    A month or 2 ago this game was running fine, loaded it up today to find the in game v-sync won't work and forcing it through inspector works but I get that ****ty stutter. Not found a fix yet...

19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Same issue here, having the same problems with almost every game from the last couple of years.

What the **** are those clowns at Nvidia doing.

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    is it a SLI problem or what? try to disable sli and run the game to see if it still exists ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.