310.70 WHQL Quadro

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by ati666, Dec 11, 2012.

?

310.70q vs 307.45q vs 310.70g

1. IQ better than 307.45quadro

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  2. IQ better than 310.70geforce

21 vote(s)
    58.3%
  3. IQ same as 307.45quadro

14 vote(s)
    38.9%
  1. SyntaX

SyntaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    people see differences even when the drivers are bit by bit the same. then they mod the inf to use the same trace/profile of the driver like in "geforce named" drivers.
    an then someone will telleing me a crt is sharper than a lcd :nerd:. in colors i would agree, or cheap lcd with fast movements.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  2. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    @BetA

Well I don't use CRT since even professional models with high refresh rates stress my eyes, but yes, they got better contrast and black levels.
    IPs on the other hand is sharper and superior in color representation.
    Note we talk professional CRT and IPS, not cheap versions from Best Buy.

Also it is possible to see differences on screenshots, as it was years back with older cards and drivers.
    But it would be best to have a good camera and two even pc's with two good even monitors tuned to with the same settings to show the difference.
    Which can be pretty hard, since I have seen 2 of the same monitors sit on the same gpu's with the exact same settings on the display and the cp produce differences on screen.
    Even calibration software couldn't help to make them behave even.
    I guess that this was a difference in components in the monitors, since they where bought on separate dates.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  3. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Tested them and took a look over the files afterwards.

310.70 Quadro and 310.70 GeForce do have exact the same driver files compiled at the exact same date and time with exception of card entries and the security catalog.

Is there a difference in how default settings are set, and in which file are the entries for those if so?
    I usually always do a few adjustments on drivers right after installation to have the same settings as pre install, so maybe the difference some people see is actually a difference on presettings.
    Cause with the same adjustments they are completely identical in IQ.

4. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz

i didnt say they are different..they are teh same branch..
    maybe my statement did not came out right..

but i know i had a diff that i could see when i played darksiders 1 ..dunno what driver it was..but if i can find a screen of it on my harddrive i also could tell u wich quadro it was..

to be honest, i dont see a diff in these here also..

Back to the CRT thing, yeah sharpness is better on a lcd etc..normally..but i have this high en d 16:9 sony crt that i needed for working back in the days..its very accurate and has a lot of advantages..its also sharp, caus eits made for it..but that doesnt account for all other crt´s..im talking about an CRT that had cost me around 2000 dollars..

But yes u are right, in terms of sharpness, normally a LCD is better or even, depends on teh quality of course, against a CRT..In wich i mean the normal CRT , not the high end ones..

And yes i noticed teh blacks are superior to anything else, only OLED comes near or same...

i yet didnt find a suitable LED or LCD monitor for me..all i tested have not pleased me really..But i really wanna have one..its slim and well, more stylish, and of course LIGHTER !!!!

Anyway, a few things about CRT´s can do better:

Motion Artifacts -
    Viewing Angle -
    Color and Gray-Scale Accuracy -
    Gamma - shape of the gray-scale -
    Gray-Scale -
    Contrast -
    White Saturation -
    Black-Level -
    Aspect Ratio -
    Resolution -
    Does a lCD have TRUE 32bit? like CRT?
    or only 16.7 million colors???

i read somewhere that indeed a crt has a wider color palette, i guess yes, since i have more black levels and white levels on my CRT then on an LCD ...I have a picture somehwere with a test palette of blacks and whites..lets see if i can dig it up.

anyway, i guess what i wanna say here is, that 1. everyones monitor is different, we allready agree on that. So the picture i see looks different to u, depending on what color profiles, res, garmut, white levels, and so on...your moitor comes/uses..
    Also some monitors have kinda forced filters that try to make teh picture look better, etc..all that fake stuff..(cheap ones i guess)

So its hard to tell anything..

and 2. for me, there where only 3 or 4 versions of quadros they indeed looked different..like i sayd, clearer. i dont use teh word sharp, its wrong..i dont know how to say, its cleaned up, kinda like more vivid..but not like turning up vibrance, etc..

like u sayd, i wish i had an pro camera and could capture it..the thing i mean..when i go close to the monitor it looks way cleaner on teh CRT, teh text, the edge of teh icons etc, on my HD LCD its more RAW, somehow..not so clean and fine..its hard to explain, sorry..

maybe u wanna try out MADVR renderer and some HD movies..play around with lanczos etc. and test a bit..cause that is one of teh ways i find teh difference pretty fast in these drivers..look for artefacts in black levels etc..even duh its setup all teh same with self made color profiles (3D LUT tables,yCMS etc)..some drivers did had differences..

anyway, i talk too much...just trying to clear that up..dunno if it worked, lol..haha

ok, i hope u all are not too confused...*runs off, to watch Fringe*

-BetA-

5. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    @Mineria,

Thanks for testing and confirming that the files were compiled on the same date and have the same files with the exceptions you noted. I also confirm the IQ difference in these are similar to the Geforce 310.70's. One noticeable thing with these is in SKyrim (heavy with candy-eye HD mods, quality settings set per STEP guide using NvInspector) character movement seems smoother than the previous driver (Geforce 310.70) but not sure why. The added benefit of having excellent IQ make these keepers for now. The monitor in question is a Dell u3011 at 2560x1600 resolution.
    Similar to BetA, IQ differences in my setup were more noticable with the pre-300 series. But your observations are good news since (at least in this case) the "universal" driver concept does incorporate the same core features required by both Quadro & Geforce HW.

Pharma

6. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    There are 10bit S-IPS panels, so 30 bit, which can be better than pro CRT's if the IPS has a very high contrast ratio, but that comes with the cost of input lag, and of course a much higher price tag.
    Mine is 8-bit, which is still more than most cheap TFT panels (262,000 colors).

Just stumbled over the quote below, although, higher bit rates on the panels result in less mixing of colors to get the correct gradient.
    CRT's had some conversion issues, but I guess your one of the lucky few that got hands on one that actually compensated for that, price tag points that way. :)
    What we need now are 10bit S-IPS panels with 1-2ms gtg and 120Hz or above (didn't see LG's 240Hz / 8ms on the market yet), OLED is still to young and vague in the way of a very high price tag for something that doesn't last so long.
    Blurry text and burning are also still issues existing on them.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  7. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    I was a bit worry installing these drivers because the 306 drivers were working great. Installing these drivers improved BF3 performance greatly. A steady 45 fps at ultra settings 1600x900, no aa but everything else on ultra. Note , i turn off aa because i have enhance aa x4 and fxaa enable. But man the performance is great. Only tested BF3 and APB and so far these are keepers.

8. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Isn't Enhance AA supposed to work in conjunction with in-game AA? Because if so then your CPL AA isn't being applied. Change it to override game setting.

9. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Maybe it is, but i tend to leave it off in game depending on that game. Override, i never tested, i will do so starting with l4d 2 and see how it works out.

10. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

:gape:

shocking!

[​IMG]

11. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I'm so lost in this logic you guys are recently trying to apply here.
    So, Quadro drivers have better anisotropic filtering... BUT it's only visible on really good monitors.
    Sorry man but aint seeing how that adds up. I aint buyin what you're sellin. I aint pickin up what you're puttin down.

Oh and the poll makes no sense. There is no "IQ is the same as geforce" option.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  12. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Post #77 might be useful to you.

13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    My monitor is pretty avg but definatly notice better IQ (Crisper image) when using them Quadro's, and could it be that the quadro drivers reset or adjust some monitor driver setting.

I have no idea how this stuff works, i just install and guess my way around problems until something works.

14. zalbard

zalbard Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 690 4GB
    Until you post screenshots with definite observable difference your post is no more than bla-bla.
    Proof or it didn't happen.
    That's helluva lot more convincing.

15. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I get you Mufflore, I've read everything you said.
    And I aint buying it.
    If you really mean what you said, either AF is improved and would hold no barring to what monitor you use (which makes sense and is what other people are saying, but is wrong) or everything is improved. The latter only making sense if you have a quadro card with a 10bit monitor. Both can't be true, as in AF specifically being better because of the monitors ability to handle more colors, i don't need to explain to you that the same image is generated regardless of the monitor (obviously AF would never come into play- "use a 10bit monitor so you get better AF" makes no sense).
    I feel like I'm explaining the obvious.

What I think you are trying to pass off as an explanation is that you think AF is improved but only shows on better monitors, possibly because it's subtle. But if that were true it would still show up in screenshots.

16. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Dont be sore if you cant see it, its not my fault.

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Maybe it doesnt show up in screenshots.
    Speaking of which, im currently installing these drivers now and have taken screenshots of the the desktop, web browser (Text and images).

Didnt bother with games as sharping is something you can do with SweetFX so anyone can fake better IQ with games.

Restarting now so be back soon.

18. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Sigh. If it does not show up in screenshots then it makes absolutely no sense for the difference to be better AF.

19. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Seriously, read my post again, you arent reading it right, its like you have an agenda.
    As I said to the guy above, I'm sorry you cant see it.

Maybe RGB isnt fully mapped to the whole gamut using the non quadro drivers, that wouldnt need 10bits/colour to manifest a difference.
    If the monitor is instructed to make the difference not the display card, then a screen shot wont show it, I already explained that in my post.

I'm bored of this, find your own solution :)
    [Shrug]

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Quadros loaded up, not going to bother with upload comparison screens as these look exactly the same as non-quadro version and that was apparent as soon as windows hit the desktop - BUT - with previous versions of Quadro drivers this was the opposite, the difference was obvious as soon as i logged in to windows so not to sure whats going on here.

At the end of the day i know without a doubt that i have seen better iq in previous quadro's.

So i dont think there's a point in arguing about it on a forum until i can prove it and back it up via screens.

Based on my previous experience im gonna say +1 to quadros with this release being the exception.

5th friggen edit: Trying 310.34's Quadro now.