RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Butcher1967

Butcher1967 Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX960
    Hi when i save any settings says ReadonPro the specified foler doesn´t exist what can i do ?

2. Caenyss

Caenyss Active Member

GPU:
    7900 XT
    Make sure you have a path defined for Screenshots save folder, Movies and Benchmark. For some reason it doesn't let you having a blank space even if you disable such features.

3. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
  4. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Ah, didn't try it with other games actually since the overlay revamp, but here's some more results:

Evolve doesn't appear, RP OSD does:
    Left 4 Dead
    Killing Floor
    Team Fortress 2 (DX9Ex)
    Torchlight II
    FarCry 3 (DX11)

Evolve appears, GPU statistics on RP doesn't:
    osu!

Evolve and RP's GPU statistics appear:
    Dota 2 (DX9Ex)
    Beat Hazard Ultra
    Grand Theft Auto IV

Going back to the non-beta overlay for Evolve results in all the above games crashing instantly on startup when RP is open with overlay enabled.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2012

5. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    when you find settings that work, can you post them so we can use them between releases?

im particualrily interested in skyrim

any luck with ME3?

6. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Hmm, I guess it's some problem with Evolve then as it doesn't show up on some games and cause issues with RP in others.

Sure, when it's possible I'll do it. These new AO profiles require changes to the code so even if you add the same settings I'm using, it won't work without an update to the program.

Mass effect 3 is very difficult (and boring) to test, I have only the demo version and in order to test AO variables I need to get into the game (after all cut scenes) and that take a lot of time.

7. Nihilanth

Nihilanth Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7850 Twin Frozr III
    Sauron and the ring and all the little AMD gpu's are the minions :D

I rarely enable in game vsync as I have mostly used RP for that purpose since I discovered it for whichever games it worked with and for the ones that didn't there was always D3D. I have tried both combinations i.e TB + in game vsync and TB + vsync in RP. Also yes the led is green in the OSD panel. I even checked the "use advanced d3d9 forced triple buffering path code" but I guess running the DX10 version of the game is the reason why it failed to initialize? And dynamic vsync is as good as no vsync if the game is running mostly sub 60fps even if its only just.

I just can't get TB going with AA in RP in this case. Anything else I could try or I may be overlooking?

8. Atnek

Atnek Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950 1235/1450
    I'm having a real annoying problem with RadeonPro + Battlefield 3.
    Everything launches fine, i get to the battlelog but when i try joining, it gets stuck at "Joining server".
    I ran Task Manager, just to find out what actually happens and bf3.exe does start, but a second later it shuts down.
    I've tried uninstalling-installing graphics drivers(12.11 beta 11), RadeonPro, Battlefield and Origin more times than i can recall.
    Tried it with FarCry 3 and it worked like a charm! So there's definitely something rotten in Denmark.
    Pretty please, with sugar on top, help me. :(

Edit: I'm running the latest preview build.

Japamd, is this a known bug, or?

/Atnek

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  9. xNAPx

xNAPx Guest

GPU:
    MSI R7970 Lightning
    ok thanks as asual for whatever you do :)

10. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    HBAO does not seem to be working for me at all. I've tried it on the following games, with no effect.

Diablo 3
    Bioshock 1
    Alan Wake
    Assasins Creed Brotherhood
    Dirt 2

and I will continue testing, since I almost have every game that you have it working for. Any idea why it's not working?

11. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Assassins Creed Brotherhood is a bit broken, it's better on my working build.

Dirt 2 DX11 works only if you don't use AA, I'm still trying to figure out why. DX9 is ok with or without AA.

Diablo 3, Bioshock 1 (and 2 on my working build, both DX9 and 10) and Alan Wake work fine here. Are you running those games with some other OSD tool running?

12. teppic

teppic Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980
    HBAO works on Alan Wake for me, but I get a weird ghosting effect on the cutscenes, like the AO additions are still there.

13. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Yes, that happens a lot on other games as well (Sonic Generations for example)

14. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    I get that without using anything. That's simply how the game looks.

It works in AW... funny it cuts my fps to 35 from 60 when using it. I am using 4xSSAA and DSAA also. :)

Definitely not working with D3 and Bioshock 1 though. Not using any other OSD's.

Log for D3 if it matters... You also had mentioned to me to try STALKER without steam overlay and it starts, but when I start a save, it crashes.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  15. teppic

teppic Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980
    It only happens with AO enabled in RP, never saw it before. Goes away with AO disabled.

I don't get any noticeable FPS hit, though I play with forced vsync and SMAA.

16. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    Really? I see a blur effect and one that others have complained about the game using. With tweaks on disabling it. Maybe it's more pronounced when using AO. I believe the performance problem for me is the use of 4x Supersampling. I get around 70-80 fps with it on and without it I get nearly 200. So that must be the issue for me.

See #4 and #5 on this list of fixes http://segmentnext.com/2012/02/18/alan-wake-pc-crashes-freezes-errors-and-fixes/

17. teppic

teppic Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980
    Ah we're talking about different things. Not blurs, but an unchanging kind of faint imprint on the cutscenes. Japamd says above that it happens in some other games too with AO enabled.

18. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    When AO is enabled the z-buffer is always active, if there's data on z-buffer then it will be converted into the SSAO buffer. RP doesn't know (yet) when the SSAO buffer shouldn't be blended with color buffer (the game screen itself) so depending on what the game is displaying (a menu, for example) the SSAO buffer may be blended with a wrong color buffer causing that odd effect.

19. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
    Ohhhh... I had no idea it'd cause that issue! I set it to always run with admin privs a while back but didn't realise that Windows holds those settings across multiple installs (I thought it might've been a file fingerprint thing, not just a filename thing). Sweet!

Yeah, I noticed that (in particular) on the Sonic Generations title screen, there's a ghosting you can see in other parts of the main logo. I assume there's no chance (or at least, not a big one) of that happening in-game at all? I'm not super up with how all the graphics buffers work so I apologise if you've answered this already.

Also, the AO testing group thing or whatever... I'm not sure if that's something you need people for, but I'm happy to throw my hat into the ring if you need. Plenty of games on Steam and elsewhere to test!

20. BAZOKA1942

BAZOKA1942 Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire r9 390
    yea i noticed those effect too even when using it in fifa 13
    and for fifa 13 some times work properly and some times seeing ghosts hh !! even same setting AO medium with of course default setting of the profile
    any tweaks japamd because your able to run fifa 13 with AO and if a fix maybe work for people for other games to remove ghosts bug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.