RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zerowalker

zerowalker Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 380
    XNAPx, it will work in many games that are not "supported", all you have to do is play around with the settings, though if you aren´t an advanced user, i would suggest to wait for the debugging tool.

And i think the AO will work on DX10 and 11 alike, what matters is that it can get hold of the Depth Buffer or something (i don´t know anything of this though).

2. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    I'll try to get it working this weekend on HL2. Same for Skyrim.

Yes, visit the SSAO gallery, you'll find dx9/10/11 games listed there.
    http://imgur.com/a/lMhri#0

3. zerowalker

zerowalker Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 380
    Japamd, when you have time, please look at the Error Log i posted, would be nice to know what´s causing the crashes, as it just shuts down without any alert.

4. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    I did, there's nothing wrong there assuming you just entered the game and exited right away (about 1 minute after)

[PID: 9012-8464] 12/13/2012 11:16:36.614: DrawFPS called for device=0BC58380
    [PID: 9012-8464] 12/13/2012 11:16:36.617: PresentNotDetected=TRUE
    [PID: 9012-8464] 12/13/2012 11:16:36.619: Viewport=(0, 0, 1920, 1200)
    [PID: 9012-8464] 12/13/2012 11:17:36.755: D9Wrapper::ReleaseResources enter with ThreadId=8464

5. zerowalker

zerowalker Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 380
    hmm, yeah checked the time, thought it just wrote when it crashed.

Can say that i didn´t exit myself, it exited on it´s own, and i played for about 1 hour.

Guess the log didn´t catch it;S

6. Shmaks

Shmaks Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD5850 Xtreme
    Japamd, your great tool have cool AO support for NBA2K11, in-game self-shadowing awesome, but its old game. Can you make AO support for current NBA2K13?
    The game has the same engine as in 2k11, but for now RadeonPro's AO does not work with 2к13.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  7. zerowalker

zerowalker Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 380
    Shmaks, please test it out yourself, Japamd will not test around with all games, that is why he is creating a debugging tool to make it easier for us (and himself).

Not saying he won´t help you, but he probably would like you to try it out yourself, that way you get what you want, and he can add support if you get a working setting:)

8. Shmaks

Shmaks Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD5850 Xtreme
    Im testing it myself for a long time. Trying different ways in radeonpro with the hope that AO will work NBA2K13 - result is zero, while. Therefore asked, this is not a crime:)

9. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    I don't have that game so I can't tell you the right settings. You might try create a new profile for NBA2K3 and copy NBA2K11 settings, activate AO in NBA2K13 profile and try it.

10. zerowalker

zerowalker Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 380
    Didn´t mean to be rude or anything, didn´t know that you had been trying, i apologies:)

11. rodney.ser

rodney.ser Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6990
    Hi can anyone help? Radeonpro doesn't automatically detect my games when I run them. I have already checked that process monitoring is enable.

P.S if this info helps it will only start detecting games after i run a game by right-clicking the game.exe inside RP and running it from there once. if radeonpro has just been opened it wont detect any games automatically

12. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    need a bit more information

have you set up profiles for these games?

or are you using the global settings?

13. rodney.ser

rodney.ser Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6990
    yes i set up profiles for both bf3.exe and farcry3.exe

but RP doesn't detect them.

I need to run, for example, far cry 3 at least once from inside RP and sometimes it can detect the gamjes automatically after that. but sometimes it may not work.

14. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    so, it works 100% of the time from within RP?

sounds like you need to set up the launcher...

15. Endymion FRS

Endymion FRS Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950 WF3
    First off, I really am liking RadeonPro. Adding SMAA to STALKER: CoP actually works here, I never could get it to work with the injector for some reason, and forcing AA here doesn't give weird screen borders like through CCC.

I have a small question though. Hitting F9 to quick-load in CoP sometimes make a sound, like a Windows ding. As far as I can tell, F9 isn't hotkeyed to anything in RadeonPro or the game, or Steam. It doesn't happen outside of the game, I can mash the F9 key all I want and I get silence. This leads me to believe it is a setting I somehow missed in RadeonPro.

16. rodney.ser

rodney.ser Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6990
    yes thats correct. but for games like bf3 in which the game is cant be launched from inside RP this is a problem. Like i said, weirdly enough, once i run the game once from inside RP, it starts to detect all the other games automatically.

17. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    i dont have bf3 or fc3, so someone who has it working will need to chime in here to tell him how to set the launcher settings in RP.

What i usally do is use processe explorer to identify the launcher process, then run the game, tab out check process explorer again for the main executeable. Create the profile with the game .exe as the main profile, then go to the launcher tab and set that.

If its a steam game, usually just setting steam as the launcher works for most (works for skyrim)

18. TheOriginalTO

TheOriginalTO Master Guru

GPU:
    5500 XT / 8gb
    I know this may be off topic, But could someone just message me what settings I should typically use on my 5870m that will give good quality and performance? I'd appreciate it.

19. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    its highly dependent on the game.

which one?

20. TheOriginalTO

TheOriginalTO Master Guru

GPU:
    5500 XT / 8gb
    DotA 2 mostly. I'm not having any problems or anything, was just wondering if there was a general rule of if I leave mip map / texture detail on high or whatever if there are major differences.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.