NVIDIA GeForce 540M - FPS drop during games

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by DISCOPANDA, Oct 11, 2012.

1. wajidamin

wajidamin Guest

GPU:
    nvidia gt 540m/intel hd3x
    discopanda read this

discopanda if you are using old laptop and its not in warrenty then goto local repair shop and get it service ask them to remove dust what are you taliking about 80 c wtf omg this is really high for nvidia it is near to burn i think you problem is overheating and it automatically undervolts to make temperature maintain i have a similar issue in past some weeks ago i got it service they remove dust and previously mine nvidia gt540m temperature was 85max now it 69max never above it bios is not permanent issue i am completely assured if laptops is used for year or many months its filled with dust do remove it by local repair shop reply me if you solved issue after service or not i was also too much dissapointed about mine as i have bought used but i am very happy after service nver have fps drop in game before my fps drop to even 0 n freeze for a second so do it man and you will be happy when i was having issue i readed your post but i got mine fixed and want to help others hope this works waiting for feedback AND I am living in hottest country where in summer temp rises to 50c i dont think you need coolers unless you got it service after service you dont need coolers i have acer 4750g and think you have may b the same

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  2. wajidamin

wajidamin Guest

GPU:
    nvidia gt 540m/intel hd3x
    you overheating i am completely assured that your laptop has stuck wth dusted that caused bad ventilation and temp rises and remembr discopanda if dont do this you rig will burn in some months you urently need to work upon my advice and service charges here are too low hope in your country are also too low here 600 rps that will save your expensive rig

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  3. Icydead

Icydead Banned

GPU:
    ENGTX560 DCII TOP
    Use diacritic to make it readable from unreadable. Thank you

4. TheGuuH

TheGuuH Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 470 XFX
    I had the same problem as you and in fact... the GPU was overheating... so I bought a external cooler to put at the hear of chassis sucking the hot air out of the laptop (Samsumg RF511) and a 'table' with 3 coolers on it (coolermaster) not problems after it :banana:

5. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    Nvidia GPU can get very hot, my GT 525m( same gpu and chip as 540m and 550m) overclocked to 550m speeds gets around 75-80c load gaming, while CPU loads at about 85-90c.

Perfectly normal for newer laptops to load at these high temps. its only when they near the chip max or start throttling that you should worry.

Have you ever heard of puntuation? Holy grammar clustraf*ck.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012