RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neologan

neologan Member

rfactor. So far I've only tried running sweetfx without radeon pro by installing all the files in the game dir and it works fine. But if i remove it, then use the radeon pro method nothing works. it can't be an osd or it wouldn't have worked in the game dir either.

2. TheOriginalTO

TheOriginalTO Master Guru

GPU:
    5500 XT / 8gb
    just tried every game on my laptop and no game has the fps shown via RP. ATT used to always work. Anyone know a fix?

3. totya

totya Guest

GPU:
    Asus EAH4850 512MB
    bugs

Hi!

RadeonPro_Preview 1.1.1.0

I see these problems now:

- settings/sweetfx settings/toggle sweet fx hotkey clear button not working

- settings/advanced/toggle osd location hotkey clear button not working

- if screenshot hotkey is F10, and movie capture hotkey is alt-F10, then movie capture is not working.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  4. zerowalker

zerowalker Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 380
    Ceejay, ah okay that is probably similar to Avisynth, as it works in a higher Bit sample to be able to make the changes more precise, then dither it back to 8 bit.

Though, i saw that i mentioned wrong, i didn´t really mean, Dither tools will fix Banding.
    Look at Debaning in avisynth, i think it´s called that, or Deband2/3 or something.

Those are fast with Excellent results, you may learn something from them, if it´s applicable to SweetFX.

Haha, lucky you, grats:)!

5. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Have you configured SweetFX integration, enabling the option at settings and telling to RP where untouched SweetFX files are saved?

Thanks, all confirmed.

6. GIBF4

GIBF4 Guest

Interesting for me to know this too. I game rFactor mostly too (1255F) and "struggle" with the same thing actually.

Have set all as stipulated by japamd but see no effects in sweetfx choices.

Maybe I am missing out on something though. An advise would be welcome very much so. Thanks in advance.

GIBF4

7. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    You guys playing online games should be warned about graphical modifications, including those provided by SweetFX. I just learned that Planetside 2 is banning users that are using sweetFX (which might include RadeonPro users using SweetFX integration) so my previous concerns ended being true.

What do you guys think about it? Should I drop Sweetfx support from RP?

8. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Other RadeonPro OSD functions are working? Did you tested other games to see if it's working?

9. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Don't be silly, have it there as an option at least, it can always be enabled/disabled.

10. Bullu$

Bullu$ Master Guru

GPU:
    R290X CFX@1050/1350
    Why, u can always enable or disable it in the options.

11. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    It won't make a difference. SOE have chosen to be ultra-strict and have practically banned ALL third-party tools.
    RadeonPro would still be banned even if it didn't include the option to run the SweetFX shaders.

I think they fear that people will hack and then try to claim that they were only using benign tools - to avoid that they decided to simply disallow any and all tools.
    There is also the fear that someone might find a way to inject a hack into a benign whitelisted program. I recall Rivatuner being blacklisted by punkbuster because someone figured out a way to inject a hack into rivatuner which was previously whitelisted (The rivatuner dev put a stop to that so I think it's whitelisted again).

I suggest not dropping SweetFX from RadeonPro, but instead displaying a warning if the user tries to use RadeonPro with Planetside 2 (with or without SweetFX)

12. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    I asked my Blizzard contact about this manner, depending on his reply I think I'll block utilization of some shader features based on game (for example, diablo iii.exe). AFAIK Blizzard allows RadeonPro to be used with their games, but that was before the addition of Sweetfx.

About PB, I don't know if RP is whitelisted or not, I think it's not. Even Afterburner and related OSD tools might not be whitelisted as well as Afterburner has a stealth mode to avoid being detected by anti-cheating tools. But I'm not sure if Alex put this mode to avoid Punkbuster in first place or if it's only a general switch to avoid all anti-cheating tools.

13. nwann

nwann Guest

GPU:
    ati radeon hd 5850
    FC3 will not work with API monitoring enabled, it will crash after splash screen.

Therefore I have to run fraps to see fps. How do i find out if RP is working correctly w.o OSD?

What I did was drag fc3d3d11.exe into RP to create a profile and then set LAUNCHER settings as

Launcher-Steam
    Working directory-do i set as ubisoft folder? steam\farcry3?

What is the difference between the option in the ADVANCED tab to force triple-buffering (openGL) and the option in the TWEAKS tab to checkmark triple-buffering?

When I used msi force frame to 60 i used vsync 1 frame in FC3 and it removed all stutter, setting postfx to low increased frames by 5~. Is it better to keep force fps to somewhere closer to my fps which is 40+/-? If so, should I leave vsync to 1 frame or change it to 2? And is it a bad idea to force refresh rate?

Any help will be much appreciated and if anyone has advice for my 5850's settings that'd be awesome.

14. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB

Twekas tab is for forcing triple buffering in DirectX games.

15. u37

u37 Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6970 *2
    Bug (s):
    Create a profile for the game Borderlands2 (bl2). It includes OSD (normal size = off) and Vsync tweak (dynamic). After starting the RP makes a sound start. When you press the power button OSD statistics - OSD does not appear. If you press the power button on the window mode, it appears in normal size (not small). Established in profile mode FXAA and SMAA are not installed. In this case are included Vsync (not dynamic!) and MLAA.
    The standard driver Vsync = off (default) and MLAA = off. If you unload the RP, these settings work in the game (FPS> 60, no MLAA).
    In the PR has a different profile, with the game borderlands (bl1), in her work correctly display and settings.
    The essence of the problem - a bl2 profile was created the first, when you first start the program PR and it worked just fine, as in bl1. Then for bl2 all broke.
    The subsequent removal of the profile bl2 and creation (similar to bl1) either has no effect, the defect remained.

wishes:
    1. Lead to a good state global profiles. Their settings are reset. If correctly understood, the global settings should always work if there are no local profile for a particular game. That would be great, but as long as the global settings do not work. ((
    2. Add to OSD to statistics download GPU processor information: CPU usage (optional - Core (i) usage)
    3. FPS is used to display or "wide" or "narrow" format. Moreover, the default is wide. Frankly annoying that when you start the game the first thing to do - is to click the font switch. Can I make the switch to configure default in the program????

Strangeness.
    Could not understand why - after installing PR sometimes disappears second VGA. Not from CF, but in general. (6970 * 2). She's not in a standard driver.

16. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Sure it can be disabled, but after RP gets blacklisted due to those graphical modifications, you won't be able to use it at all even if you use only forced triple-buffering or some other tweak that's unrelated to visual modification.

Working here, wait for next release as it may fix your problem.

17. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
    japamd, since I installed the preview version I now get this error message at almost every launch. Everything works fine if I launch the service manually but it's pretty annoying.

[​IMG]

18. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Uninstall keeping data then install again.

19. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Just a huge popup warning when you enable it should do it.

20. aernouts

aernouts Active Member

Hell NO :) hehe

IMO if there is a problem with any online gaming host/server (whatever its called).. people always have to option/choice to... *close RadeonPro* before they go online.. that means no *extra eye candy* but.. thats the way it is :bang:.

So i vote for as much options/tweaks as possible.. :nerd:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.