Nvidia GeForce 310.70 Download & Discussion - WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by AndyB, Dec 4, 2012.

1. vinicinhopolaco

vinicinhopolaco Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560ti 1GB
    Yes. :-/

With BF 3 too.

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    @ ManuelG
    And please possible 59.94Hz bug in Windows 8, windows 7 is ok with 60.00Hz. I saw this difference in Battlefield3 display options menu.

LCD Eizo Foris FS2333, using Windows7 INF driver.

Edit: connected with DVI.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  3. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    "Limitations in This Release"
    "Negative LOD Bias Clamp
    Negative LOD bias clamp for DirectX applications is not supported on Fermi-based GPUs and later."

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Nvidia! WHY!

Why couldn't you just make NLOD adjustment possible with DX11 like people wanted and NOT break Clamp by making it Automatic when many of us DO NOT WANT?

Also: Does this limitation mean that it will never be fixed?

If so, this may be another nail in the coffin i'm afraid..:bawl:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  4. Smiley_ie

Smiley_ie Guest

GPU:
    3090 Alphacool
    AC3 runs better for me & Hitman, Farcry 3 stutters with sli runs better on 1 card. Also the profile says "nvidia recommended" not "nvidia recommended sli" with farcry & farcry dx11.exe is this normal.

5. snowdweller

snowdweller Guest

GPU:
    Leadtek GTX 580 SLI
    I've had a few crashes with this compared to the 310.6x

6. gumbanator

gumbanator Active Member

GPU:
    Evga 970 /660ti phyx
    well tested these and works great on everything ive tried much better than 310.64 i was gettin mega TLD on those for no reason i was thinking it was bacjk to the bad nividia wss gutted but these have worked great big props andy b you and the team, should be well proud at the amount of work your doing tryin to keep this lot happy

i dont know why peoples are asking about fixing problems with unsupported mods thats not in the driver devs remit

i honestly think to many peeps are to fussy about performance aa settings vsync drivers only go so far its more the game publishers fault with ****ty console ports and not enuf time building the games from the ground up for the pc

on bf3 the best fix i have found for out of memory issues is this http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php works like a fookin charm

7. Mda400

Mda400 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti 3GHz/24GHz
    To those that are still having problems with Borderlands 2 not using the GPU or CPU enough, it must be either something set in NV inspector (if you use it) or some hardware or software is limiting the performance of your GPU/CPU. As soon as i went from 306.97 to 310.54, I saw the performance on Southern shelf smooth out.

It could be another 500/600 series issue because i use Windows Vista 64-bit SP2, while my specs to the left are still current and I get around 43 FPS average with all settings max @ 1920x1080 with 32x CSAA forced from NV inspector (use AA compatibility 0x0000045 for it to correctly apply AA. The default doesn't work when overriding which is 0x000000C1 or something). This is with PhysX high.

8. snowdweller

snowdweller Guest

GPU:
    Leadtek GTX 580 SLI
    I must've jinxed myself, I've now had 4 crash to desktops in an hour and didn't save each time :( going back to 310.6x see how we go.

9. MarcusarilliuS_

MarcusarilliuS_ Member

GPU:
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 670's
    Is it just me or is there an issue now with FC3 and the road textures shimmering, especially gravel? Hadn't noticed this in the betas? Maybe it's just me though??

10. qneb

qneb Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 690

11. snowdweller

snowdweller Guest

GPU:
    Leadtek GTX 580 SLI
    Weird, no crashes on 310.6 and about the same FPS and playing since I last posted :)

12. Arhan

Arhan Member

GPU:
    EVGA Superclocked 570
    I'm having Similar issues with any drivers other then 296.10 with my GeForce 570 super clocked.

13. lito88

lito88 Member

Cool, Thanks for the info!

14. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    This is also clearly mentioned in the release notes.

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-310-70-drivers-released

Please note that performance improvements benefit all GeForce GTX graphics cards, though obviously to varying degrees. We would of course love to show how our optimizations benefit the entire range of GeForce GTX GPUs, but sadly this is unfeasible given the number of benchmarks required. For example, for each GPU and game you test include a before and after benchmark to show the level of improvement, then multiply the number of tests by the number of resolutions, three, and then again by the number of different detail levels and anti-aliasing modes tested. Then, finally, to verify the results, run everything again to ensure there were no anomalies. With so many GPUs in our lineup, even focusing exclusively on the most popular models would prove impossible in the time between a driver being finalized, and released.

:)

I tested the drivers last night, ran great as usual in BF3 / Skyrim which are the two major games I play all the time.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  15. dragon91

dragon91 Guest

GPU:
    gtx680 sli
    i think stuttering in battlefield 3 was because of hyper threading

16. DarkOneZ13

DarkOneZ13 Guest

GPU:
    MSI/GTX 980/4096MB
    When dear lord will people realize that SLI is such a huge waste of time & money? Seems to be more the case with every passing year, especially since 90% of everything is consolized today.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  17. dragon91

dragon91 Guest

GPU:
    gtx680 sli
    i got stuterring on single 680 lol, i think it depend on what you are looking for , it is not worth cause not all game are optimize for sli but when a game is optimize you can get better image quality , and get 60 fps. for me 1 gtx 680 is not enought

18. nethaniah

nethaniah Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX Titan
    It's true that SLI support is lacking these day's but it's far from useless, with Surround/3D and 120hz you need to have an extra card because not even the best single gpu's have enough power for it.

19. ßÍöHÅZÅRD§pëRM

ßÍöHÅZÅRD§pëRM Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA-680 FTW+
  20. Dictator93

Dictator93 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X
    Andy or Manuel? Any chance for an answer about NS2 and SLI support? How the bits Nvidia has in the profile are wrose then other bits such as those found in the dishonored profile.

Would be grateful for an answer! :D