Farcry 3!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Strikerx80, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dorak

Dorak Guest

GPU:
    XXX
    Nothing. I tried it, doesn't do anything.

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Aha! i was aware of existing of komodo dragons since iam aware of myself but didnt see cassowaries before. i love to watch national geographic etc. .such teaching game lol :)

and visa versa. when i was sneaking to a base, komodo dragons attacked me suddenly..god damn..surprise butt check lol.

good game.

im hoping to see DLC or MOds in the future.. Zombies would be fun to fight against.

3. Dorak

Dorak Guest

GPU:
    XXX
    Well you have to explain me how then.

1920 x 1080 / 4XMSAA / HDAO / DX11 / everything on ULTRA

60-70 FPS avg / 55 min

But 90 avg ? Yeah, no. Maybe it's the 4XMSAA that steals me 20 FPS, but i highly doubt it.

4. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Is the warrior pack dagger unlock laters on in the game?

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    No it unlocks the same as the other bonus weapons, after doing the tutorial. :)
    (Activate the antenna and then take the first camp with Dennis guiding you.)

It's just a different appearance though but it looks pretty unique, however you need the tanto if you want better damage. :)
    Which you acquire by finding six letters or what it was, just check the handbook, all those white starts are special weapon unlocks plus the revolver one you get from Ubisoft via achievement points.

6. Gembel

Gembel Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU 2
    Great game actually :banana: The most fps i enjoy since crysis...level design is amazing :banana:
    Forgot to mention Sumatran tiger is also Indonesian endemic...the smallest tiger but dangerous :bang: Often get killed by them until i bought the strongest rifle :D
    DLC and mods are always welcome hoho...

7. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Oh cool, thanks again, Jonas. :)

8. captain_trips

captain_trips Guest

GPU:
    2x nvidia TITAN X sli
    Can you guys confirm your MSAA is actually doing anything at all?

Looks like alot on other forums are saying even though it's enabled, and dropping framerate, its not doing anything (not fixing jaggies) at certain resolutions

I can confirm that it indeed does not work at 2560x1600. It'll put the hit on the framerate if enabled on any setting, but does not correct anything, nor look visually different at any distance no matter what setting ingame or through control panel.

Wonder if there's a placebo effect going on here... its enabled, and framerate is dropping in colloboration with the level of MSAA enabled, so you *think* it's working correctley, but not actually doing anything to fix jaggies....

9. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

:eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows:
    :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows:​

10. Mikanoshi

Mikanoshi Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI

11. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
  12. Wanny

Wanny Guest

MSAA does something but it doesn't cover everything... if you want to cover everything you sadly have to use FXAA or better, SMAA.

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Awwwwww.. didnt know that those stars mean something . thank you man.

14. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    MSAA only covers jagged edges of geometry, not transparent textures. For the textures you want to enable transparency multi sampling in the setting.
    Then it should cover almost everything.

15. NeoEnigma

NeoEnigma Master Guru

GPU:
    ---
    MSAA was definitely working for me when I tried it. Especially noticeable if you disable FXAA. The only reason I want SweetFX to work in DX11 mode is so I can enable 2x MSAA. That combined with 2160p would be perfect...

16. Dorak

Dorak Guest

GPU:
    XXX
    The only useful thing with 2160p is downsampling screenshots. Actually playing with that is a godawful idea.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  17. captain_trips

captain_trips Guest

GPU:
    2x nvidia TITAN X sli
    Mikanoshi:

I see the difference there, especially on the top of that metal roof on the hut.

Problem is I've tried enabling these same combinations with MSAA and FXAA, and cant notice a single difference, especially on things that should be easily noticeable where jaggies reside. they are almost ignorable at my resolution... but its purely the fact that i cant notice a difference and I feel like my computer is doing it in spite of me.

running 2560x1600 on a HP ZR30w, 1.02 patch, 310.70 drivers, SLI enabled on two EVGA Geforce GTX680's at out of box speeds, i7 3770k oc'd to 4.5ghz, Win 8 pro on its own SSD, freshly imaged machine

can't figure out why AA is being a beech...

18. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    anyone having a problem with multiplayer crashing? sp works fine but soon as a round ends in mp the game freezes and theres a 'far cry 3 has stopped working" message on my desktop. it does this on both my machines...

done some searching but ive only found a couple people effected by this. oh and coop seems to work fine too?

19. NeoEnigma

NeoEnigma Master Guru

GPU:
    ---
    Um... if playing with it wasn't a good idea, I wouldn't do it. It works EXACTLY the same as downsampling screenshots. The game is rendered at the resolution you set and the GPU downscales the image in realtime. In game, I don't see aliasing. Looks exactly the same as my images.

20. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    If I had the power to run the game with downsampling, I sure would!

I have only recently tried downsampling in a few games, it looks very nice and jaggies pretty much disappear with just small amounts of AA applied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.