AMD Catalyst 12.11 (9.010.8 November 15) AMD Official BETA 11

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Oct 22, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Right just tested crossfire out with 1.02 update and these new 12.11 beta 11 and CAP2 and its god awful. Ultra 1080p, no AA, everything on ultra, alpha enhanced, gpu buffer 1, no vsync, HDAO. Its around 70-130fps sometimes higher but its so choppy and stutters a lot. Running is a joke as I seem to just stutter across the map!!

Tried it with a single 7970 by disabling crossfire and its miles better. Same settings as above and its 90-99% gpu usage and its 58-70fps. Even setting 2xMSAA in game and the frame rate drops to around 44fpsat its lowest and it stutters very slightly.

Game needs patching and we need a proper crossfire profile!!

Also where the hell is FXAA in game? Is it Post-FX??? Also the AAA you talk about forcing with CCC is that Adaptive Anti-Aliasing?

2. Epic0098

Epic0098 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III
    I did a few more tests with new drivers in Skyrim. I was still getting texture flickers. However, after deleting a pretty old ENB series mod, the flickers stopped. Seems like I'll have to look for a new graphic mod for the game.

About the whole "War" thing I agree, which is the reason I usually don't join forums and just search my issue on Google, and read various different forums. But lately I found a lot of good information here, so I just joined to add in my 2 cents. Also, I could of played the whole "Blame AMD for lame drivers" but that would not be the logical course. As in my case, the fault was on my end for using a mod that was incompatible with the new drivers.

So my advice, do some testing on your side before blaming others

Peace

3. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Make sure you don't have anything else enabled in the CCC. It s very smooth for me.

I have gpu buffer set to 3, no vsync (3d overrider instead), PostFX to low, water medium or very high doesn't make a difference, 4x MSAA (EQ in CCC), alpha disabled, 1600p then the rest of the settings are very high/ultra.

I have tried FXAA and SMAA in this game with Radeonpro and my conclusion is that MLAA is better than those in this game.

4. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    what about no AA vs 8xMSAA?

5. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Just tested those settings also forcing 4xEQ AA in CCC and its pretty smooth with no vsync at all not even using D3DOverrider as using that gave me stutter and choppy fps dropping down to 44fps using both cards at only 25-40% each. With no vsync at all I am getting lowest of 61fps and avg about 85fps with 70% usage over both cards.

6. crookedview

crookedview Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    Are you overclocking with Control Center, or ATI Tray Tools? I used to get flickering with ATT, but never with CCC.

7. musclegamer

musclegamer Guest

GPU:
    amd 6990 x 2
    Thanks for the drivers asder. As always. This is actually the first time that I am posting. Although farcry 3 runs fantastic on my rig with both my cards running in quadfire I am seeing frames on ultra of about 125 fps solid. However the game only plays for about 5-10 minutes before it comes up with the message "farcry 3 has stopped working" I then disable crossfire. The game runs perfectly,I got all the caps everything installed. I guess Ill wait until both AMD and ubisoft clue in that there niche market also needs drivers too :) thanks guys. Does anyone else run quadfire and experience any of the same issues I am having?

8. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Is it better now bro?

9. Khaled

Khaled Guest

GPU:
    MSI HD5870 CFX @ 970/1285
    Hi guys, I just wanted to let you know that Far Cry 3 runs much better and smooth if you set the crossfire profile to "bioshock"
    I know, it's weird with all improvements in the new driver and cap but from all my tests, "bioshock" profile gave me the best fps in this game :)

10. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire
    Nvidia released new drivers!!

Seems like NVidia released new drivers today with performance improvements for 400/500/600 series cards .... Unlike Amd that leaves its previous gen customers in the cold with no speed improvements with 12.11 never settle drivers unless your running a 7000 series card. Honestly that really pisses me off...

11. musclegamer

musclegamer Guest

GPU:
    amd 6990 x 2
    I feel the exact same way

12. musclegamer

musclegamer Guest

GPU:
    amd 6990 x 2
    iam guessing you are using radeon pro to do this?

13. sudeep0

sudeep0 New Member

GPU:
    sapphire HD 7850 1gb ddr5
    Just wanted to know does these driver will improve Far cry 3, Dishonored, Hit-man Abs perf for HD 6770 1 gb ddr 5 card. presently I am using Catalyst 12.8 with 12.10 cap 2. So also i play in 1366X768 native resolution. Recommended graphic settings in game and CCC for all these games plz.

14. Khaled

Khaled Guest

GPU:
    You can make a profile in CCC or rename farcry3.exe to bioshock.exe (renaming it to crysis2.exe give better performance in DX9)

15. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    :bang: It's ridiculous! The same issue as before:

[​IMG]

16. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Not to be a "Blowhard" but these "Speed improvements" for the 400/500 series is just marketing FUD, as these have just been proven to be bug fixes for various games the 400/500 series have been having problems with

This is the -EXACT- same thing as the Radeon Legacy drivers have done for the older/3000/4000 series for modern DX9 games, Nvidia just releases more legacy drivers then AMD does.

These are not "Speed increases", they are just bug fixes.

The bulk of these speed increases is for the GTX 600 series, the same as the bulk of these speed increases is for the Radeon 7000 series while these hardware makers better understand how their hardware works over time and optimize GPU processing code (Yes, GPU's have operating codes that is loaded when you turn on your PC, same as your CPU does with the kernal etc)

This is what I mean wholeheartedly when people spout off at the mouth about things they don't understand things they read with stuff like "Nvidia does speed increases for old hardware but AMD doesn't!" when neither does nvidia, this is marketing FUD flat out and simple legacy hardware bugfixes from both companies.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2012
  17. Khaled

Khaled Guest

GPU:
    Just stretch the ccc window a little bit and this bug will go

18. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    Same result.

19. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Did you maybe think... that the older cards are as fast as AMD could possibly make them, and that Nvidia is taking longer to get older cards up to par?

20. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    When the 6xxx cards released they got performance increases, the 5xxx users felt they got left behind.

When the 7xxx cards released they got performance increases, the 6xxx users felt they got left behind.

When the 8xxx cards release, some 7xxx users will feel left behind. See a pattern here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.