Calm, Relaxing & Soothing Music - What Would You Gurus Recommend?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by kanej2007, Nov 26, 2012.

1. RedSeptember

RedSeptember Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 690 4gb
    Hey bud. For the fine issue, the only thing you can do is raise a complaint in the main police HQ in Abu Hail or you can try Murakabatt. Naturally, do not expect great service. Other than that i'm at a loss for what you can do. Have not been in such situation im sorry.

Second thing is I work for ENOC now. Government sector, good pay but not so much benefits but you are very well taken care of. I suggest you apply to them. I'll let you know how once i find out more :)

2. CasperTm

CasperTm Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 270X OC 2GB Gaming
    Café del Mar - all albums :)

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Enya and Air.

4. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Lol, yeah I'm well aware.

I have a few Emirati friends, one of which I will take with me. I'd rather pay off the fine in installments rather than 5000 AED in one go. However, they might tell me to piss off & pay it all at once, no negotiation.

All I know is I MUST visit a police station & present my license by the 21st December MAX. If I don't go then surely they will come after me!

Here in Dubai if you fuucck the police, or try to, you get fucckked harder!

Thanks RedSeptember.

Also thanks to the others for your suggestions, will give the other songs/artists a try since I remembered to bring my earphones to work, luckily youtube is not blocked. :D

5. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    I don't listen to much of this type of stuff, but I know that whenever I hear Sarah McLauchlin sing Angel, I pretty much melt. If I could hear an angel sing, I think thats probably what it would sound like.

Some seemingly lame stuff like Neil Diamond and Lionel Ritchie is pretty slick and relaxing too lol.

6. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Enya had some good tracks, loved the Gladiator track.

Enigma also have many great relaxing tracks which will put your mind at ease & faling asleep shouldn't be a problem.

I tried to burn a few tracks at work yesterday and the bastard froze at 74% when making an audio cd. :bang:

All tracks were found from youtube, too many good songs to list!

7. Anything from Enya

8. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070

I need horse tranquilizers

200mg of diphendydramine and 2 hours later fully awake:bang::cry::cry:

fan sometimes helps.....

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  9. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Dam, seems your in the same boat as me?

I'm not joking but I'm seriously thinking of leaving Dubai & returning to the UK.

Thing is I hate extreme heat but then again I hate the cold & rain we get in London.

However, with regards to sleep, I was at least able to sleep 8 hours or more in the UK. I guess I'm used to sleeping in a cold country. Also, if your HOT it's hard to sleep. Even when falling asleep I wake up in the middle of the night due to the heat.

I don't want to leave but having 3-4 hours of sleep 7 days a week over a 2 year period is killing me, especially the fact I also work 9 hours per day...

Each country has it's advantages & disadvantages, there is no where perfect.

Due to my health I must leave. My mother who happens to have Asthma left Dubai last year. The hot, humid & dusty climate only makes it worse.

I suffer most at work, when quiet it's as hard as fcuk to stay awake.

10. Maybe u need to see how the natives sleep? Aircon, light breathy clothes etc. I had no problems sleeping in dubai, if theres a light breeze its beautiful with a window open. If u put music on, play it very cost, just bearly audable, maybe even just have a program like the BBC news radio playing in background helps me. Or sleep earlier for a while?

Also, I think you gotta try rest ur mind. Dont lay in bed peezed cos you cant sleep. Its sounds odd, maybe have a slow warm bath/shower to relax your muscles. And perhaps raise you feet slightly...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2012

11. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
  12. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Problem is my family turn the air conditioning off at night. When they do I roast. How they sleep at night with the heat, I dunno...

Just had a warm shower, will try to sleep soon!

13. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Aphex Twin "Selected Ambient Works"

Just stick to the Ambient Works(there are 2 double discs sets the one I linked is the first one) The rest of Aphex Twin's work would not be considered "relaxing"

14. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    The Silversun Pickups are decent and pretty relaxing. I saw them live the other day as part of a multi-band outdoor show

15. I also surgest not watching tv or going on pc atleast 1-2 hours before bed, its hard but that stuff stimulates your brain too much, needs time to settle. With the aircon, if you have the cash buy a small fan you can sit in ur room at end of bed or on bedside table just to give u a sensation of a cool light breeze, might b better then a full blown -20° aircon, cheaper to.

16. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I love listening to the Daft Punk Tron soundtrack while going to sleep. Its the only soundtrack to a movie i've ever liked.

17. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Just going through the first disc, not at all bad.

Good idea, will try this. As for a fan, I already have one, it does indeed help cool you down.
    As for not watching the tv or using 2 hours before bed, I'll give it a shot.

I'm going through it now whilst at work, so far it's ok.

18. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Lol I was joking about the horse tranquilizers. :grin:

But if sleep is that much of an issue you can always try a pharmaceutical like "Night & Day", unless all the meth-heads in your country have made that outlawed too.

19. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    This, lol. Pretty much every type of medicine used to help you sleep, fall asleep is banned here. :wanker:

May move back to the UK in several months, this should do the trick.

Even if it don't, there's the good old herb that will guarantee to give me a good night's sleep. :D

20. tktk104

tktk104 Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX660 Ti-DC2O-2GD5
    I hope you move soon ... I'm worried about you living in a country with debtors prison and such harsh traffic laws! Doesn't seem like a good place to live when you get a traffic ticket, I'm glad Red September is helping out as best he can.

I hope you get a job NEXT WEEK in the UK ... with the pay and benefits that you need to live the lifestyle you desire. I wouldn't be able to sleep either if I had someone demanding my car or anything for a traffic ticket!

Wishing the best for you!