AMD Catalyst 12.11 (9.010.8 November 15) AMD Official BETA 11

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Oct 22, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heihachi88

Heihachi88 Guest

GPU:
    7970M CrossfireX
    I think if you want AMD gpu, then you have to wait for at least a year since gpu release date, because their driver developing team is very slow...

2. Allan Davidson

Allan Davidson Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850
    I've installed Cat 12.11 Beta11 and made a few tests with BF3. After ~10 minutes of playing my PC stuck, freezed and crashed. When rebooted, Windows 8 had been corrupted, the ntoskrnl.exe was corrupt and a bunch of other files were missing. As I was did not have W8 disk (upgrade ver.), I almost despaired. Lucky that Windows 8 is smart, and its own BSOD gaves me a list of options to choose what I want to do. I tried to start without WHQL drivers requirement and rebooted. Windows started a restoration and ran chkdsk.

The good part, Windows 8 was back, good and safe. The bad part, he returned back in time to November 19th, I lost a LOT of stuff and I have to do a undefined number of documents all again. Think in a huge number of unique .docs that have been gone. >.<

Just to get better, my AC3 save with +30 hours of play was GONE with this crash, the AC3 folder does not even exist anymore!

Annnnndddddddd looks like I'll have to download the Hitman and BF3's Aftermath again. x_x

3. atimaniac

atimaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI EVOKE RX 5700 X
    6 sieries is arleady maxed out about improve performance.

4. Allan Davidson

Allan Davidson Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850
    This isn't true bro, I could cleary see a noticeable performance improvement in BF3 @ Win 8, but Win 7 still performs way better.

5. sherrypizza

sherrypizza Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6990M 2GB
    There are two exe in farcry 3, one is simple farcry3 and other is farcry3_d3d11, try the farcry3_d3d11 one.

6. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    Should I download the version with or without .NET 4 support?

I have Windows 8 x64

7. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Without, WIndows 8 probably already has .NET 4.

Thanks for these asder :)

8. blues

blues Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7770

Same garbage drivers...

I have Windows 8 x64. Photoshop CS6 still have flickering issues (since catalyst 12.6), games have stuttering (Sleeping Dogs, Farcry 3, Call of Duty Black Ops 2, F1 2012 and X-Com Enemy Unknown). Not to mention the game Battlefied 3 that keeps crashing after 10-15 minutes... :bang:

I´m really worried with the quality of Catalyst drivers... I do not understand why It take more than six months to fix some repeatedly reported bugs that are very easy to be reproduced...

9. J-man

J-man Guest

GPU:
    HD 7850
    Have you ever reported about this bug via amd site's form?

10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Installer says everything except transcoding / media stuff is already up to date

Display driver is already up to date trying to upgrade from Beta 8 ?

11. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    GT 630 1GB DDR3 GK208 Kep
    Then it's time to put your gpu into legacy status, as they (AMD) did with my HD 4000 card! (sarcasm) Damn you AMD!! Why do some of the HD 7000 cards owners have problems with their products? How is that possible?

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    What problem? I have one Asus K53TA around with the same spec and using all betas until now, works fine...disable that hybride crossfire.

13. Valagard

Valagard Guest

>All these accounts with less then 100 posts, some of them even less then 5 posts bashing AMD in this thread

Aw, did somebody need their juicy? Babies first trolls are so cute, but you must be tired and need a nap.

Also, LOVE these cute new troll ones

"ADOBE CS6 flickering/crashing!" Odd, I have it, and I'm fine

"BF3 crashing every 10-15 minutes!" yet I just got out of a 4 hour game

"All my games are flickering! Skyrim! Farcry 3! X-Com!" Skyrim they fixed the lighting flicker with last release, Farcry 3 works fine, X-Com works fine

"BF3 crashed after 10 minutes, and -WIPED OUT MY WHOLE KERNAL AND DESTROYED MY WINDOWS INSTALATION! IT ERASED ALL MY GAMES!" Now -THIS- is a funny new one. Considering AMD drivers don't touch kernal files, what you described sounds like common hard drive failure, but instead blaming AMD drivers. Why even stop there? Say how the computer crashed so bad the power supply blew up, parts flew across the room and destroyed the vials that contained the cure to cancer in your penthouse Tony Stark like lab, raped the cat and is reviving Stalin?

Really getting tired of this. Already 3 people in the last 7 page threads have done the common Nvidia troll "WAH WAH I'M SWITCHING TO GREEN TEAM THEY'RE BETTER!" crap that's common on this ATI drivers section, and I have just this to say

If this is just -REALLY- bored and stupid people looking to stir up angst, you're flat out retarded and yes, you do need your juicy.

If this is some Nvidia PR shills who is paid-per-post to post anti-AMD crap, I've seen drug dealers with better ethics then you.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2012
  14. JoonasL

JoonasL Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD6720G2 1GB
    I know at least one other person with that laptop who has the same problem as me. Disabling dual graphics does nothing about the problem. I am glad it works for you though.

15. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    its beyond amazing..why do ppl think that garbage drivers are ACCEPTABLE?? are you all such sheeple? :p sigh.
    would you accept that from your cars you buy off the lot?
    would you accept your food like that?
    ..then why is software exempt from that?

You drive off the lot in your brand new 2012 X car, and the wheels all start to shimmer and wobble and the windshield cracks in 10 places..
    'oh well, theyll fix it eventually.'

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012

16. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    GT 630 1GB DDR3 GK208 Kep
    PSU: Seventeam 450w I'm mad with AMD but this is bs (if your story is true you should not use a generic psu)

17. crookedview

crookedview Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    Since at least beta 9, when I'm doing the driver install, it says the driver version is the same as the previous installation. I guess they're not incrementing the driver version number?

18. Anvi

Anvi Guest

GPU:
    R9 390 8GB

Yes I did. Also made few threads about it 7 months ago.
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=362318

Soon after 7970 release I noticed a lot of threads about 7970 hard locking/freezing the computer. In one thread I got directly bashed by Veterans for making false accusations and "sensational claims".

Happens often with Flash videos and especially game TERA Online that uses Flash (scaleform) for it's UI. I'm sure a lot of people reported those problems for several games. Sad how bad AMD has been recently.

19. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    This...kudos sir kudos

20. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    seems like someone tried to be a troll and failed miserably,

there is no 12.11 beta 9 !!!

Edit : downloading now, i hope this fix the artifacting while bitmining,
    because the only workaround is to disable aero glass,
    and i wanted to be able to enable aero again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.