Far Cry 3 - Graphical Tweaks & Problem Solving

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by NeoEnigma, Dec 3, 2012.

1. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    Whats vsync 1 frame 2 frames?

2. NeoEnigma

NeoEnigma Master Guru

GPU:
    ---
    Whaa? 680s in SLI works fine for me. What drivers are you using? I'm on 310.64.

3. bkpiazza

bkpiazza Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX 680 SLI
    The only thing thats got mine running smooth (with similar specs as you) is keeping inspector settings default, setting water to medium, post fx to low, msaa off, and hbao everything else maxed. Constant 60fps no drops and only one crash in about 4 hours of play...

4. deceptionist

deceptionist New Member

GPU:
    2x GTX 780 Lightning SLI
    I'm using the same. 310.64. I dont understand whats wrong. I have completely unistalled and cleaned with driver sweeper and nothing works.

5. GrimJimSlim

GrimJimSlim Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 660 Ti 2GB
    My game doesn't have sun-rays through the trees. I want them sun-rays. I'm running DX11, tweaked my XML a fair bit already, also running SweetFX.

Is there a setting in the XML file that I can tweak to make the sun-rays shine between the leaves? And if so, how do I tweak to max that out? haha

6. afx01

afx01 Member

GPU:
    MSI HD7870 OC 2GB/256bit
    Setting D3D11MultithreadedRendering to "1" is crashing my game, the game is freezing and I have to end the process from task manager. I noticed the FPS is increased with this option enabled. Any ideas?

This is the reason they removed this option in 1.01...

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  7. razord93

razord93 Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning Z
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?99vswxyu3awnqaq
    Here is Xbox 360 configuration If any want to test or got a rly bad computer and just want to play the game :)

Code:
    <GamerProfile>
    	<SoundProfile MusicEnabled="1" MasterVolume="100" MicEnabled="1" IncomingVoiceEnabled="1" Language="English" />
    	<RenderProfile CloudShadows="1" DepthDownSample="1" MotionBlur="0" CinematicDepthOfField="1" GameDepthField="1" SSAOMaxDistance="30" FXAALevel= "1" SSAOLevel="1" ResolutionX="1280" ResolutionY="720" Quality="xenon" QualityEditor="editor_ps3" DisableMip0Loading="0">
    		<CustomQuality>
    			<quality ResolutionX="1280" ResolutionY="720" EnvironmentQuality="console" AntiPortalQuality="default" PortalQuality="medium" PostFxQuality="xenon" TextureQuality="xenon" TextureResolutionQuality="console" WaterQuality="xenon" DepthPassQuality="xenon" VegetationQuality="console" TerrainQuality="medium" VolatileTextureSize="26368" GeometryQuality="xenon" AmbientQuality="xenon" DeferredAmbientQuality="low" ShadowQuality="xenon" EditorQuality="" Hdr="0" HdrFP32="0" ReflectionHdr="0" EnableVertexBinding="1" Bloom="1" id="xenon" />
    		</CustomQuality>
    	</RenderProfile>
    	<NetworkProfile VoiceChatEnabled="1" CustomMapMaxUploadRateInBitsOnline="10240000" OnlineEnginePort="9000" OnlineServicePort="9001" FileTransferHostPort="9002" FileTransferClientPort="9003" LanHostBroadcastPort="9004" LanClientBroadcastPort="9005" ScanFreePorts="1" ScanPortRange="1000" ScanPortStart="9000" SessionProvider="" MaxUploadInbpsOnline="10240000">
    		<Accounts />
    	</NetworkProfile>
    	<GameProfile />
    	<ProfileSpecificGameProfile Sensitivity="1" Invert_x="0" Invert_y="0" DefaultFlickFireDirection_y="0" UseMouseSmooth="1" Smoothness="0.2" Smoothness_Ironsight="0.2" HelpCrosshair="1" Gamepad_vibration="1" UseRoadSignHilight="1" UseSubtitles="0" TaggingEnabled="1" UseAmbx="0" UseGamePad="0" GamepadAnswered="0" Autosave="1" Machete="0" IronsightToggleMode="0">
    		<FireConfig QualitySetting="VeryHigh" />
    	</ProfileSpecificGameProfile>
    	<RealTreeProfile Quality="High" />
    	<EngineProfile>
    		<PhysicConfig QualitySetting="xenon" />
    		<QcConfig GatherFPS="1" GatherAICnt="1" GatherDialogs="0" IsQcTester="0" />
    		<InputConfig />
    		<ZoneConfig />
    	</EngineProfile>
    	<UplayProfile LockString="LQdj9+t0Zrn0g61eaRiWQlvTvXE/VaiRwqU7sQ563dE=" />
    </GamerProfile>

Did a test with my 690 got 40-50% usage of both gpu on Idle settings on gpu! thats 324 mhz core and memory, with steady 30 fps looks like crap on pc but good for people with rly low end gpu :)

8. GrimJimSlim

GrimJimSlim Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 660 Ti 2GB
    Can you paste the text contents in a spoiler tag? Media Fire is block'ed at my work. Thanks!

9. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Sometime they won't load for me. I have to reload the game a few times for them to appear...

10. Guz

Guz Active Member

GPU:
    680gtx sli
    How do you manage to run sweetfx?? Everytime I use it the game errors out? I'm using win8 btw.

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    My most looked forward to game this year and it dont work.:bang: C'mon ubi.

12. NeoEnigma

NeoEnigma Master Guru

GPU:
    ---
    Nvidia + DX11 + sweetfx = impossible

13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Fact: Nvidia + DX11 + Default setting = borked.

14. jonnyram39

jonnyram39 Member

GPU:
    Evga gtx 670 4GB FTW tri
    Hello i'm new can i change the res in game and not break this file?And how do i use this file i see two files defaultrenderconfig and defaultgameconfig i put it by my GamerProfile and loaded up farcry but didn't notice anything different

15. GrimJimSlim

GrimJimSlim Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 660 Ti 2GB
    um, I downloaded it, extracted it to HDD, copied the entire contents to the /bin folder where the .exe file is and ran Far Cry through Uplay... and it worked.

I take all the credit.

(I also alt-tabbed during the game, changed settings in the settings.txt file and alt-tabbed BACK to the game to see that difference. Yup.)

16. Smokey25

Smokey25 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 EVGA FTW+
    I think i got another Fix you may want to add OP.My gpu usage was crap,FPS around 30 - 38, SLI not working whatever fix i tried and even adding the suggested SLI flag ( wich i now dont even use) didn't do a thing.Untill..i noticed that i was running in Windowed Borderless mode ( wich apparantly was set automatically because i sure as hell didnt put it on borderless ),i changed this to fullscreen and voila,FPS at a Constant 60Fps,no dip whatsoever,might want to add..i just started playing and am just about 30m in the game.But i went from 30 - 38 FPs With a Hell of a lot of stuttering to a constant 60FPS by changing to Fullscreen.

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Forces the game to update every 1 or 2 frames. Use 1 unless you want to cap the framerate at half your display refresh rate, e.g. using 2 with a 60 Hz display will cap the framerate to 30 fps and a 120 Hz one will be capped to 60 fps.

18. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    If you don't use custom sli flag, your performance will be bad everytime you shoot a gun over every surface.

19. Smokey25

Smokey25 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 EVGA FTW+
    I don't seem to be having this issue tbh,fps drops with about 4 - 5 fps when shooting,hardly noticable.But that wasn't the point of my post btw,it was about the bad fps for me being related to not playing in fullscreen.

20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    well there are tons of commands in the dll files. just cant seem to make out any values though :(