AMD Catalyst 12.11 (9.010.8 November 15) AMD Official BETA 11

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Oct 22, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leopr

leopr Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti OC
    Few benchs results using the Beta11 + CAP 12.11 (7970 @ 1200/6800 + 2700K @ 4.60Ghz HT off):

3DMark11 Performance (11628 GPU Score):

[​IMG]

3DMark11 Xtreme (3453 GPU Score):

[​IMG]

Hitman Absolution Ultra Preset (NO MSAA):

[​IMG]

Hitman Absolution Ultra Preset (4x MSAA):

[​IMG]

2. OmegaX

OmegaX Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 980ti
    Still an insane amount of stuttering in Far Cry 3 regardless If I use ultra or medium settings. Driving a vehicle at full speed is almost impossible because of it. Good game but it's driving me nuts. Using the latest drivers and CAPs, crossfire enabled.

3. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    try radedon pro's DFC mode.

4. Epic0098

Epic0098 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III
    "Resolves image corruption found in certain DirectX 9.0c titles"

Don't know about this one, I'm still getting artifacts and flickering in Skyrim. I tried a fresh install of the 12.11 beta 11 drivers and also 12.11 CAP 2. Anyone else having the same problem in Skyrim?

All Dx11 games work fine

5. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    How is 12.11b11cap2 performs in Assassins Creed 3? Does anyone checked?

ps. 12.11b11cap2 are the best solution for FC3 at this moment. Kudos to AMD, regardless...

EDIT:

for those of you who suffers stuttering and such - disable CFX and, if you are owner of INTEL CPUs with HyperThreading, disable HT in your mb BIOS - it may help.

as for stuttering and so on (if you are badly experience this) - wait for future patches from ubisoft which will be addresses those issues.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  6. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Woohoo, profiles fixed

Thanks AMD

7. Leito360

Leito360 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX480 Nitro+
    Just killed my, already low, performance. I'm getting 10 FPS less using a 6950 OCd to 6970 at the port of Boston, at the very beginning of the game. I was getting 20 FPS looking to the crowded part of the city with 12.9, and 60 FPS looking to the right. Now i'm getting like 30 FPS max.

Really, is a shame how this game is doing with AMD. I know it's Ubi**** fault, but I don't understand how nVidia could launch a fix for their cards and AMD couldn't.

EDIT: Rolling back to 12.9, of course.

8. ArgonV

ArgonV Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD XFX 7900 XTX
    Fixed my flickering with Portal 2, profiles work properly too now. Going to check the rest of my DX 9.0c games tomorrow...

I also have an x58 motherboard and did get a system freeze very rarely, we'll see if that goes away with these!

9. ergalle

ergalle Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 690
    Same here, insane stuttering in Far Cry 3, even with Hyperthreading disabled in all quality settings (medium, high, ultra). Stuttering only occurs playing in Directx11 (with Directx11 .exe), if i play in Directx9, the stuttering is gone...

Weird.

10. OmegaX

OmegaX Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 980ti
    Managed to fix mine by disabling crossfire. Don't know why I didnt try this before, I just remember reading numerous patch notes about increasing Far Cry 3 Crossfire performance so I figured they had it sorted out. Runs pretty nicely on a combination of high/ultra settings. Welp, there's another game that doesn't run properly with CFX. I definitely regret buying two cards. Been playing quite a bit of Planetside 2 as well which doesn't work right with crossfire. Negative scaling and mico-stutter on pretty much everything but Battlefield 3 and Hitman.

11. sherrypizza

sherrypizza Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6990M 2GB
    That's weird since i am playing the game at ultra settings, DX11, with 2xAA(Thanks to these new Beta/Cap2, and gameplay is smooth.

12. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    yeah sure m8, here with stronger pcs and we all have stutter and microstutter and you with a laptop play smooth...really...lol, smooth gaming is a so easy situation nowadays because everybody knows about serious amount of gaming.

13. I've got an issue with Farcry3 where the cinematic videos are lagging HARD, like 2 fps. the actual game is playing smooth and holding 60 fps in most of the areas (still very early into the game coz I want to start again once this video issue is sorted. My card are running at full speed (725/1000) when this lag occurs but only affecting the cinematics, not the game itself. Quite strange. both with beta 8 +cap1 and now beta11 : cap2 - same results but the game play is even smoother.

14. JoonasL

JoonasL Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD6720G2 1GB
    Damn, I was hoping this new beta would solve the problem opening the switchable graphics settings, still crashes though. Have to keep using 12.8

15. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    nvidia did not launch a fix for ac3, inform your self go to the official ubisoft forum the .310 beta driver did not fix the game for many nvidia users..

if this is any consolation i also have big lag and fps drop issues in Boston, sometimes it goes down to 5 fps

16. lubomir

lubomir Guest

Having the same problem mate. Strange indeed.
    But like yourself, its fine in game. Im really pleased with performance.

Not too sure if its just dx11 im experiencing this with. Hmmm.
    Currently playing on dx9 with sweetfx. Just been exploring, havent came to another cinematic yet.

Let you know any findings.

17. system

system Guest

Installed the new driver and... there have been no performance improvements for my card, as usual. Seems like AMD doesn't care much about the 7850 :(

18. timiman

timiman Guest

GPU:
    2xR9-290 Asus DCU-II
    Have exactly the same issue with the cut-scenes of the game. 2fps counted with Fraps! Inside the game @1200p with high settings I'm getting ~40 up 50 fps (not smooth enough but playable).
    I hope these drivers + CAP2 will fix this issue.

19. caleb59

caleb59 Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3070 8GB
    12.11 Beta 11 - ZERO (0) performance improvements for me...

20. Anvi

Anvi Guest

GPU:
    R9 390 8GB
    Amazing, wonders never cease! I will test these drivers immediately.

I've had 2 different 7970s and both cards caused random system freezes. If this indeed works, it only took AMD 10 months to fix it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.