Crysis 3 PC System Requirements Detailed

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 3, 2012.

1. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Sounds good my fellow Glaswegian. :)
    *winter is here brrr.

2. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I'm glad to see more games going Direct X 11 as a base, now I'm forced to upgrade and spend money!

3. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    With these minimum requirements, the PC version better be far above the console versions...

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yep, the foliage reacting to the helicopter is one of the nicest things i've saw.

Yep it definetly is, had to get up early to make sure the car was OK :(

5. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    what resolution with the 2 580`s? over 1080? I remember maxing out that game with high fps with maxed vram. maxed vram only matters if it causes stuttering

6. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    1080, after i got the 680 i seen it could stretch it's legs out to 1.7 and beyond, using same config as before btw.
    Yeah it felt smoother, 1.5gb ain't enough for crysis2 -though i know you won't believe me.
    'Liquid mercury' on 680, on 580s more like 'butter smooth' and the difference was probably due to vram barrier being breached on 580s.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  7. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    If you like CoD, youll love it.
    If you like BF3, not so much.
    draw your own conclusions..

8. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Crytek are full of it

Far Cry: Releases HD patch which supposedly needs AMD64 CPU to run, but it's hacked and runs well on other CPUs as well.

Crysis: DX10 features which supposedly do no work with DX9, which was false, a lot of the features worked fine with DX9

Crysis 2: A tessellation patch which adds pretty much nothing, but will surely sell more high-end cards

Crysis 3: DX11 only. No doubt that this is because it sells cards for both AMD and Nvidia.

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    That is true, well some of it is and we all know they aren't the most honest developer ever, but i don't think they have ever hidden the fact they are just in it for the money.

ASLayerAODsk, in what way would people like Crysis 3 if they like COD?
    Crysis is firstly a SP game so you can only compare the SP side, and BF3 is an even worse SP game than most of the recent COD games, as essentially it's nothing more than a pretty COD clone that takes itself far too serious.

10. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    DX10 features which works in DX9? What features?
    Crysis 2 DX11 patch added a lot of visual upgrades.
    And what about Crysis 3 and DX11 only?
    On steam 53 % of users have DX11 cards. About pirates I don't care.
    http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey
    So?

11. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Direct x 10 didn't add much over dx9 anyways, and crytek is now pushing for direct x 11 and they're being judged for it now? Isn't that what most gamers wanted from developers? And now that they are, now it's just seen as. Marketing ploy. Well, if it pushes developers in the right direction I'm all for it. I guess some people will never be happy....

12. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    They told the public certain DX10 features were only for well DX10 and not DX9. But they were made to work with simply ini changes so that it worked with DX9 cards.
    It made quite a bit news back then in gaming media at that time.

Example:
    http://www.moddb.com/games/crysis/addons/dx10-effects-with-dx9-for-patched-crysis-11

13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    This.

14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Nothing anywhere in those specs suggest this would be a port.

Nowadays people just throw that word about without actually thinking about it.

15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Too much ports lately pisses people off...

16. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    whichever game folks aren't playing currently is vastly inferior to the one they're currently playing, ever noticed that?

17. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    This.
    @Redemption your card is so weak that with everything turned up to maximum YOU would be lucky to get a constant 30fps nvm a constant 60fps.

So how would you know wether the game is a console port or a dedicated PC game built from the ground up?

Unless you have the hardware you aint gonna know.

Take it from me "most" games today are console ports even when they are maxed out.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Not been many "actual" ports recently, for me just PES /FIFA and Dishonored, and Dishonored was a very good straight port.

Even if there was, why does it matter when PC only games are technically inferior to multi-platform games.

Do those moaning about ports live in alternate reality where we have lots of PC only games that use up to date tech as last i checked other than a MMO that failed there aren't any.
    The exclusives we do get all use old tech and are poorly optimised and/or buggy.

What does framerate have to do with tech Veteran? 30fps is the same as 60, it's the exact same visuals, but with added eye strain lol.
    I'm not upgrading as one I think I'm too old for gaming now as i get more enjoyment out of reading about the tech behind the games, and also because next year there will be cards to beat yours at half the price, so why waste the money?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  19. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Oh, look, we have another insider here.
    I thought it was Redemption, now we have two :D

20. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    30 fps is the same as 60?

Redemption Your talking pap mate.

30 fps is not the same and anybody who thinks it is needs there eyes tested.

Then again you wouldnt know about 60fps because youve never had a GPU to run at 60 fps with everything maxed out, Like you said 30 fps is the same so what would you know?

Yes im afraid technology advancement is just the way it goes, There is always something better around the corner.

Fact is if want to buy the 780, 880, 980, etc then i will as i have the cash, Its a nice feeling, Something else you wouldnt know anything about!