Possible ideas for future Afterburner functionality upgrades

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEskandari

JEskandari Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 (95w)
    well it would have been great if you could change "SendToTrayOnClose = 0 " inside MSIAfterburner.cfg into "SendToTrayOnClose = 1" for future releases .

2. FSM

FSM Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 660 Ti
    The multisource audio recording of the latest version is very nice to have. I can finally hear my own microphone! The only problem is that it records everything from that source indiscriminately. What I would like to see in the next Afterburner version is the option to bind a push-to-record key for the second audio source. That way it would only record my microphone when I'm also transmitting on Ventrilo, Teamspeak, etc.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

PTT-stysed audiorecording is currently being analyzed as possible feature for the next version. But no promises on that yet,

4. Unwinder

Confirmed, Push-To-Talk will be available in the next version.

5. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Hi!
    It's possible to add in RTS CPU and System Memory Usage?
    It can be added with HWinfo, but it will be great if RTS will have counter for these :D

6. UberFiend

UberFiend Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470
    First off, thank you Unwinder! MSI AB is a godsend!

With that out of the way; is there a way to limit/cut/segment video recording - and if not is it a possibility?

What I mean is like having AB create a new video file every 5-10 min or 1,2,3, etc gigs.

I like how quick AB is to start/stop recording when I hit the hotkey, but sometimes I'll forget to cut videos after half an hour/an hour, and going through all that footage can be a pain. :banana:

7. Unwinder

There is no such feature and there are no plans to implement it, sorry.

8. SChraeler

SChraeler Guest

GPU:
    nvidia, geforce gt, 2GB
    Setting Function on Afterburner

unfortunately my screen resolution isn't the greatest, and it appears that when I click on the settings button, it extends too far for me to choose other settings. This is kinda a let down. I think it would be great in your next update to make the settings pop up windows movable. Just a little feature that would help out a whole lot.

9. Unwinder

1280x1024 display is the minimum system requirement for the current version. But properties window will become scrollable in the next version.

10. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Last night while using Afterburner to record some Skyrim, I either forgot to stop it recording, didn't fully depress the key, or depressed the key twice in rapid succession - stopping and then instantly starting a new vid.

Suprise! When I woke this morning, my ssd had one helluva' large video filling it completely.

For jackasses like myself, a max vid size option just might come in handy.

11. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    just enable the overlay thingy so you can see when recording or when not

12. zbaic

zbaic Active Member

My feature wish for Afterburner OSD Server (RTSS.exe):

currently it doesn't allow to force vsync ON/OFF (mainly ON) like old D3D Overrider bundled with RivaTuner could have.
    It only allows framerate limiting which is NOT the same, and worse solution than forcing VSync ON.

Example (why it's worse now)?
    In Far Cry 1 (yes, 1) AMD driver/CCC is not able to force Vsync ON in this game (in any way, neither via menu menu setting nor forcing via CCC), so framerate is very high in this game on modern AMD GPUs (HD 7xxx etx) - card runs hot and loud, and there's screen tearing of course. With D3DOverrider, I was able to force VSync ON in FC1 and have constant 60 fps with NO screen tearing. Now, with RTSS.exe bundled with MSI AB, I can only limit framerate to 60 fps in FC1, but VSync is still OFF, and there's horrible screen tearing.

Please bring back forcing VSync ON/OFF in RTSS, like in good old D3DOverrider (frame rate limiting can stay there as well, they should not interfere with each other).

ps adding option for forcing triple buffering ON/OFF to RTSS (again, like in good old D3DOverrider) would be useful, as well.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  13. Unwinder

I offered MSI to include D3DOverrider into MSI AB couple years ago. There was no interest to it.

14. Radiance

Radiance Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680
    Is it possible to have multiple Push-To-Talk buttons for one audio channel? This feature would be very handy, since I have multiple PTT buttons in Teamspeak for different purposes, like speaking to current channel, whispering to another channel and boardcasting.

15. Paycer

Paycer Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW 8GB
    Multiple audio sources

For those of you who don't know what Virtual Audio Cable is, I use it to basically split audio into individual channels. By doing this, I can edit them separately in programs like Sony Vegas. I have one channel for in-game audio, a second for VoIP, (TeamSpeak, Skype, etc.) and a third for my microphone. Dxtory allows me to set an infinite number of audio sources, so it works great for my setup.

My problem is that MSI Afterburner only allows for two audio sources. If Afterburner could implement a third, (or infinite) audio source option, then I would immediately make the switch from Dxtory as my main recording software. I love Afterburner's MJPG compression algorithm, (it's absolutely superb) but it's not enough to make me to switch over completely and lose my editing flexibility.

I would like to showcase Afterburner on my YouTube channel, because everyone seems to think Dxtory is the best program to use right now. I can't really disprove that if I'm still using it as a fallback though :p

I hope my suggestion is noticed. I would absolutely love to see this feature upgraded in a future version.

16. Pepa1

Pepa1 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Also I advocate..... please :flip2:

17. LordJoJoT

LordJoJoT Guest

GPU:
    MSI r6850 PE OC
    I don't know if this has been brought up before, but is support for nVidia NVENC as a recording source possible? Being able to record with no CPU overhead would be awesome. Apparently AMD have similar functionality on the 7xx0 cards, although I've never actually seen it documented.

18. gedo

gedo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT 12GB
    Move OSD text while in full-screen application

I would like an OSD edit mode where you would press a hotkey while in full-screen application, and would then be able to move the OSD text block around the screen with the mouse. Changes would only affect the current executable - if no profile previously existed for it, one would be created. Right-click for properties to change color, font, size, etc.

One important aspect of this would be that all of the editing would have to be confined to the overlay on top of the application, since some games (Skyrim) don't take kindly to switching to desktop and back.

19. JulioCesarSF

JulioCesarSF Active Member

GPU:
    SLI GTX 780 Ti
    Add offset and normal(total) core like:
    +0 (1200mhz)
    +100mhz (1300mhz).

Voltage too.

Please
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  20. Alpesyn

Alpesyn Guest

GPU:
    7970 DCII
    Appreciation holders ASUS 7970 DCII with updated PWM controllers would not know borders, there would be support for them in AB, because very dull to use GPU Tweak.

Please forgive me for my exquisite English

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.