Nvidia GeForce 310.64 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by [Arnold], Nov 28, 2012.

1. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    So this driver is only for Farcry 3? I have 301.61 ATM and I only really play Black Ops 2 ATM.

2. nakquada

nakquada Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 FE
    What are you on about? I'm an nVida and AMD user across several highend rigs. AMD's driver support trumps nVidia on more than plenty occasions. Stop jumping on the Red v Green hippyfest and try to at least be somewhat helpful.

3. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    I don't know exactly what AndyB does at Nvidia,but it seems a lot of members jump all over him. Shooting the messenger? If I had issues with Nvidia cards, and or drivers,I would simply switch to Radeon.

4. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    Performance Boost – Increases performance for GeForce 400/500/600 Series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 306.97 WHQL drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
    GeForce GTX 680:
    Up to 38% in Far Cry 3
    Up to 26% in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
    Up to 16% in Battlefield 3
    Up to 18% in Assassin's Creed III
    Up to 9% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    Up to 6% in Medal of Honor: Warfighter
    Up to 6% in StarCraft II
    Up to 6% in Dragon Age II
    Up to 6% in Batman: Arkham City
    Up to 5% in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

/sarcasm on
    yeah i missed understood..my bad
    /sarcasm off

5. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    well i hope AndyB get the word arround to his bosses and tell them what we expect of them, and he is a pr so i guess his job is to do just that.

and i in no way have been disrespectful in my comments, so by me theres no harm done.

ps: i payed like 500usd on my 480gtx on realise, i just wont hop on to anyones bandwagon just to get stable drivers.

and for me (and i think many of us) is not easy as you just to dish out money and deal with it. So its not about how simple it is to switch, like you propose.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  6. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    well if people are that unhappy with nvidia I'm just stating your only other choice is AMD and from my experiences with AMDs drivers, its worth giving them some time to fix the issues. Don't come here and bash the nvidia reps that are helping the rest of us though.

7. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    we are not bashing anyone, we are just complaing based on facts.

Why all of a sudden ppl just tend to wait, and hope, ive waited long enough with lots of realises on that wait and hope attitude, if one doesnt complain then nvidia doesnt know whats going on.

im sorry, but, i have patience, but i lack the conformists attitude.

i googled this up to the word conformist so anyone doesnt get bothurt.

Conformist
    a person who conforms, especially unquestioningly, to the usual practices or standards of a group, society, etc.

8. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    It clearly says here: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-310-64-beta-drivers-released

...that it is identical to 310.54 other than Far Cry 3 (and stuff from .61), so if you had crashes with .54 you will have it with this one as well.

If the next WHQL doesn't fix it then complain more, but there's no point in bashing them in this thread for something they did not claim.

I understand the pains of the game crashing, it's the only game I play right now. I'm not very vocal because I have my exams coming up and these crashes are an excuse for not to play at all lol. But point is, they acknowledged it, and they are working on the fix. Complaining now won't get the fixes out faster.

Edit: btw you quoted the consolidated changes in R310 driver branch, not 310.64 only.

9. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Far Cry 3 driver, I don't have Far Cry 3 yet so I won't be needing this.

PS...can't believe all the thread bashing about BF3 and other games when this thread is clearly only for Far Cry 3 players.

10. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    Not entirely true; the third choice is providing feedback in these forums and pushing the driver development team to fix whatever makes you unhappy. :)

Still better than waiting & doing nothing.

11. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    clearly, the far cry 3 is named after: far cry 3.

Look at the top of your browser bar and be Enlighted.

this is a driver thread, and you are on the video cards and nvidia drivers sections =)

12. Mike V

Mike V Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 Armor
    I just did a complete re install of BF3 and now it doesn't crash anymore :eek:

It crashed with all the latest beta drivers before re installing. Fingers crossed it stays this way.

13. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    you are right, im just annoyed how they have taken soo long to realise that WHQL fix on the popular games we play(not just some aaa game), and like i said before im just taking advantage of the fact that Nvidia PR is here.

Btw i dont feel its bashing, tho, i just pointed out things without being disrespectful. and if he is a PR, i just like the idea to be heard.

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yes so true, been here done that.. But then they go AMD has it too or its a game bug, the funny thing was older driver didnt have that and yes it happens quite often lately.. The best thing is to report and report again, it will get fixed eventually.
    But this cycle takes up to 4-5 months (sometimes more, sometimes less), because they always prioritize newer games instead of fixing it at the same time with newer titles :S

Although most of my problems have/are fixed by now so i stopped reporting it. At least something :thumbup:

15. vrt684

vrt684 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 660 SC
    i would like to suggest and let anyone know that the official beta file size is smaller than the pre offical release that means nvidia made changes to file before making it a official beta but its my option not everyone may agree but for those who do or wanna compare that maybe can as well but i would think that the official beta from nvidia has fixes that the pre beta none offical may not have

16. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    I don't have any issues with any game which I read in this thread(btw interesting thread. so much information).
    Are you using an AMD card and do you know how things are on AMD part?:nerd:

17. OrigamiZor

OrigamiZor Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 680M
    Well here on a 680M this driver actualy performes worse vs 310.54. 310.54 had increased performance in some games (didnt try 310.61). So it's broken for 680m like the first 310. Even hitman performance didnt increase. (at least 1 fps like some reported).

18. ßÍöHÅZÅRD§pëRM

ßÍöHÅZÅRD§pëRM Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA-680 FTW+
    Please post back after a few long matches :) Wish this topic could stay on topic :3eyes::3eyes::3eyes::3eyes::3eyes::3eyes:

19. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    In case you don't remember me, I had 6970M Crossfire in my notebook before upgrading to the GTX 680M.

I was the one that had the Skyrim Flickering bug that got resolved 10 months after release.

20. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    i say it again, far cry 3 is crashing a lot with these...anyone else? Heard from 3 others the same..