Nvidia GeForce 310.64 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by [Arnold], Nov 28, 2012.

1. ßÍöHÅZÅRD§pëRM

ßÍöHÅZÅRD§pëRM Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA-680 FTW+
    Win 7 64 .All Beta installs were clean installs .All 3 same issue random crashes anywhere from 5 mins to 40 no particular map or actions on screen just poof crash.

2. Dr.Puschkin

Dr.Puschkin Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti Suprim
    It looks like the water is problem after all. Someone mentioned on Steam forums, that in editor he/she has 10 fps with water enabled. When disabled, fps skyrockets back to 60+.

3. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Assassin Creed 3 shows a lot of flickering when SLI is used, in the snow levels.

4. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    so wait, you want out feedback, but nevertheless you cant be honest about something we all ask?

whats the point of giving you info if we your loyal costumers cant have a clue of whats going on for new or old games?

why should i even try to help nvidia anymore testing their drivers, my old games are not working anymore and we just see some new game get support, while you guys keep messing up the old games that where working?

be legit so maybe we (your custormers) feel that reporting issues are worth it.

ppl have been reporting lots of issues with bf3 and yet no eta on them fixes? why just cuz farcry has tons of 9/10 reviews? so u can shine with those reviews for that only single game? i know its a marketing issue, but we are not stupid or ignorant to see the real facts, stop treating us like this and ppl will help you out.

Sorry for the flames, but planetside2 crash from yestarday made me upset, and my friends crash when we where in a helo on bf3, caused by your driver, made us change to another servers cuz wen he tried to conecct again the server was full, and we where having such a good time there, but got interrupted by negiglence of your part.

ps: this is just ONE example of what ´´testing´´ your drivers does to the gaming comunity, you can see its annoying, and we dont buy 400+usd cards just to get annoyed for free, now dont you?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012

5. Dranzerk

Dranzerk Active Member

SLI does not work with ac3. I have GTX 580s and the game stops responding after 5min of play, I have not been able to play more than 5min of the game because of this issue. Disabling SLI works temporary, but still crashes during cutscenes or when lots of stuff going on screen.

6. IchigoQc

IchigoQc Guest

GPU:
    GTX 660 TI Boost Ed
    New Driver

LOL GTX 680 barely get 40 FPS in Far Cry 3 .... guess I won't be able to play ultra seetings .... at a steady 60FPS with my 660 TI uh !? :p Still no go for me :p

7. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I have permanently moved to Windows 8 and can't test anymore on 7, but I can say that 310.33 did not cause crashes in 7 but causes crashes in 8.

That is the first driver I installed after fresh install of 8, then the other betas came along and those didn't help either. But I'm glad to see the problem is being acknowledged openly.

AndyB and ManuelG, I can't thank you guys enough for the fantastic job you guys are doing. I know it gets frustrating seeing all of us complain and bitch about the same thing, but it's just that we paid top-dollar for our hardware, so the littlest problems cause the biggest annoyances.

You guys did a great job with this driver, looking forward to FC3 :D

8. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Calm down, the article mentions the BF3 fix will be in the WHQL, and since it's been a while we got one, it won't be long before the next one comes up.

Btw try setting bf3.exe affinity to High. That seems to have increased the time before I get a crash. I can now complete a 20 minute match and move to the next before I get a crash, previously I was sure to get it within the first 5 minutes and ran fine no matter how long I played.

9. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    yea, I'm just wondering how much of this Windows 8 maybe. I have been exclusively runnning Windows 8 for awhile now and while BF3 and MOHW seemed to have some jitter to them, I went back to Windows 7 last night and installed the latest drivers (same as running in Win8) and both games were really butter smooth. FPS was the same but the experience was really different.

So that makes me wonder if some of these issues aren't just Windows 8 issues possibly like all the BF3 crashing reports. I too have the flashing in AC3 but I've only tried in Windows 8, I'll have to check Windows 7 when I get a chance. I know Manuel uses Windows 7 primarily due to some bugs he ran into - so when driver kits are released or Nvidia aren't duplicating these bugs, quite honestly maybe its because many of us are using Windows 8 already and the developers are still using Windows 7.

In any case, playing BF3 and MOHW provide completely different experiences for me in Windows 7 vs 8. Hopefully they can investigate and resolve those issues in Windows 8 but I think people need to be reminded things like Windows 8 might be your issue and not necessarily Nvidia before you come on a forum and start trashing people. Hey, Windows 8 still has issues and while Nvidia and AMD might have some more work to do with their drivers in Windows 8 just keep that in mind.

10. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    sorry bro i value my money, and i wont satisfy with a 20min cooldown on a crash, there should be no crash at all by nvidias part, i made my good dollar bet on nv just because i thought we got good support on drivers end, now to prolonge this kind of attitude by nvidia, by doing workarrounds and calming down, its not viable for me.

btw in 20 mins i do nothing in bf3 long ticket matches. idk about u, but i dont like being annoyed by this issues, i aint no sheep.

11. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    Seriously... quit and go AMD if you want a world of hurt and a product life cycle of bad drivers, red is always an option. You'll come crawling back - it wont look nearly as bad when you're looking down the gun of AMDs driver releases...trust me, been there, done that.

12. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    He never compared Nvidia to AMD and NEVER claimed that AMD was better in any way.

Only because AMD is even way worse in driver support does NOT imply that Nvidia's driver support is excused to get worse. And he has a point, there has been numours annoying bugs in this otherwise nice R310 drivers that could be fixed within a months time, but now we have 4 versions of it, each only adding performance enhancements for 1 specific newly released game instead of addressing the bugs the community reports. That is not the way to go.

13. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Well this thread went downhill since early this afternoon...

You guys really don't want Nvidia reps to help do you? You will scare them off at this rate. I for one DON'T want you to do that.

Also I have noticed people rabbiting on about other games. THIS DRIVER IS FOR FAR CRY 3. Get it? It's no different to the 310.61.

Sooooo..... back on topic (without the bitchin')

14. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    Seriously, your mixing a lot in stuff about my comments, that ive not complained about, and your making yourself look like a fanboi to everyone, i advice to edit your post.

anywway the thing is nvidia is loosing ground for no reason, why break an old game compat, for a new game performance scores?.

only thing logic to me is...marketing. but thats just my view of things, but nevertheless the main issues with drivers should be fixed asap, espcially if tons of costumers are wanting that.

its like this for expample: I can play x game but with this driver y game crashes, so i just have to swap every driver for everytime i play a game? is that a serious attitude by nv? i think not.

15. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    well if they published that statement officially WARNING : ONLY FOR FARCRY, woulnt have download it in the first place.

16. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I'm using single GTX580 and had real trouble with AC3 until I reduced my video memory speed by 10% from stock speed.
    Even then I got an occasional dump to desktop and found that reducing the GPU clock by 10% as well solves all issues, stable for hours.
    Framerates are still very good too, 60fps most of the time, above 50fps for the rest with occasional momentary drop to 44fps.

No video card overclocking for this game, quite the opposite!

17. rakunvar

rakunvar Member

GPU:
    GTX 680
    They sort of do on their Facebook page at least. Just saying that its Essential for Far Cry 3 players.

Also, I noticed a few people commenting on the game not even being released yet.. Steam I know has this posted on FC3 page:Pre-Purchase the Deluxe Edition and receive a copy of Far Cry to play now! Already own it? Give the extra copy to a friend!If this is the full game I am not sure but just a heads up!

18. bill_d

bill_d New Member

GPU:
    asus 290x cfx/680sli DCII
    hmm I've had both a 680 and two 7970's since they came out and have had less problems with the amd drivers so far

19. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    It's not ONLY for Farcry is it. But the ONLY change is Farcry.

Maybe the second post and previous ones from a different thread (301.61) did not tip you off?

20. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    in another note: i'm not being disrespectful with nvidia, they wanted my feedback as a gamer and how all this new drivers realises have been annoyance after annoyance, well here it is.

I like nvidia but i guess sometimes u got to point out things to them so they can wake up and smell the coffee. Because it not all about performances and scores, we need a smooth stable drivers, like the one they have realised before.

and if a nv rep is here looking at the comments, well, i liked to be heard, i know i aint the only one.

worried about scaring him off is the least of my concerns, I am the costumer and this company should be concern about us, not the other way arround.