Nvidia GeForce 310.64 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by [Arnold], Nov 28, 2012.

1. Greatskeem67

Greatskeem67 Guest

GPU:
    GB GTX 670 OC 4GB SLI
    Sorry to say...these drivers will not help you with that, you have 3 choices:

1.Return the Cards/RMA it.
    2.Increase your Voltage
    3.Downclock

Personally I was frustrated like you with GTX 500 series cards and their problems with DX11.I eventually just gave up and left my card at default and it fixed my issue.(not a great solution I know)

2. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    I have been reading about this problem since AC3 came out, and noticed it does seem to be with the new DX11 games. my PNY 580 came slightly overclocked I think. So i cannot really try "stock speeds" since I have no idea what 580 stock is supposed to be lol. my Voltage is at 1000, i did shift it to 1025 but they didnt do anything for me, Dropping my Core from 772 to 722 and mem from 2004 to 1954 seems to keep the game stable while leaving the voltage at 1000. Any idea on the proper stock of all 580 cards? Id like to squeeze as much performance as poss out of this card without overclocking, It already runs quite hot so dont wanna put the voltage to 1050/1100 as i have seen others do just to keep the game stable :)

My card is nearly 2 years old now so RMA is out of the question i believe. Have less tha no money so cannot upgrade. :(

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  3. Greatskeem67

Greatskeem67 Guest

GPU:
    GB GTX 670 OC 4GB SLI
  4. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    I have a 3-way SLI setup (GTX 570) and AC3 locks up hard, requiring a hard reset. Haven't tried downclocking the cards, since I'm running them on reference. Might give that a shot and see if it works.

I always thought this might have been an SLI-only issue though (I did see this behaviour on AC:R and with AC:B and going single card rendering always fixed it).

5. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    Just looked at my dabs account and it was march 2011 i got the card, Cannot RMA to them but could to PNY i think. Not sure I like the idea of PNY sending me out a refurbished gpu as a replacement. Id rather get my money back and buy a non 5 series card to fix the issue. What other games does this new dx11 problem happen in? AC3 is the only game so far ive seen do this personally. I do have the new hitman game to try out if thats one of the culprits.

spose i could try upping the voltage to 1050 and just having a noisier hotter gpu for a while, not really happy about being forced to do that if the card is not overclocked as well as pumping more power thru it. Will try these new drivers first however. Just gonna grab some relentless from the shop and ill let you know how i get on :)

6. AndyB

AndyB NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    GeForce GTX TITAN SLI
    We have limited benchmark cycles so tend to do the 660 and 680 (670 is only a smidge slower than the 680). Each of the improvements we develop helps all of the GTX 600 series cards and also benefits older cards too, though obviously to varying degrees. In our articles we do mention this, and that's why I get a tad upset when the drivers are leaked/launched/released ahead of embargo because users miss out on the article containing all the info/the full picture.

7. BenchAndGames

BenchAndGames Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 Ti
    Still BIG STUTTERING in Battlefield 3 with all Beta driver, 310.XX , only work fine with WHQL for now.

But other games still fine, inly BF3 is work bad with BETA.

8. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Sorry AndyB, but I find that to be a very weird remark. The drivers are hosted on the German NV website incl release information, e.g. this what you call 'leak' is happening at your own offices:

http://www.nvidia.de/object/winxp-310.64-beta-driver-de.html

Pointing the finger towards the Guru3D community for noticing the stuff NVIDIA places on-line, is ... weird ?

9. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I wouldn't have used the word 'smidge' the PR dept. is gonna gets ya now. haha :p
    *it's true though, 680 is more than a smidge.

10. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    Low GPU usage = lower clock

11. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    Still nothing mentioned about the Mobile Kepler Clock bugs. What's the status on the promised "investigation" on that issue ManuelG sent me via PM?

It really is time now, fixing idle clocks shouldn't be so damn difficult!
    Our 680Ms and 660Ms are running at 405 Core @ idle.

12. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4465294&postcount=201

13. PcZoneExtra

PcZoneExtra Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 GAMING 4G
    BF3.exe stopped working

BF3.exe stopped working AGAIN!.So nice the 3rd of beta drivers that does not work and i think Nivida does not clue whats is wrong...:bang:.306.97 no problems at all.

14. Wanny

Wanny Guest

We're excited Nvidia users!

BTW Far cry 3 is still a long way for US users so we can't comment on the drivers...

15. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    Can anybody clarify what would happen if us 5 series card users were to ask for an RMA on our cards (still within 3 year warrenty) since this issue is new and only with dx11.1 games.

I would have to rturn mine to PNY and im not sure on a few things.

1 would they replace my card with the exact same model or offer me a different card if the model was no longer being made, which is the case on the site where i bought it from

2 would the card actually be NEW, I know how these companys like to send out refurbs as replacements

3 could I ask up front if i could return the 580 and get a 680 and pay the difference since this dx11.1 issue will most probably happen to the replacement 580 they send in the first place

4 is it even a valid reason for an RMA?

Many Thanks in advance chaps

16. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    Ok, that's nice to know. Yet we want our cards to properly cool down when idle. Even after a reboot the clocks are at 405.

But... "[]For example, the GPU core clock might be faster when the GPU is in idle mode than in previous drivers.[]" ? It is more than half of it's 3D clocks (720). Way too much, and seriously not needed for idling, is it?

And... "[]This ensures optimum power while providing high graphics performance.[]" Who the hell needs high graphics performance when idling? :)

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I really wish NVIDIA would release hotfix drivers for games as waiting for them to filter into the regular driver releases means waiting weeks or months for fixes by which time I've finished the game using a less than optimal workaround. In Assassin's Creed III's case that means either forcing the game to run on one GPU (because that's why I bought two cards after all!!!) or using the Call of Duty: Black Ops II SLI flag which fixes the tessellation flickering in the snowy frontier but has lower performance. Neither are ideal.

18. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    deleted

19. Greatskeem67

Greatskeem67 Guest

GPU:
    GB GTX 670 OC 4GB SLI
    Thanks for the explanation, I always read the notes and when I see, "Increases performance for GeForce 400/500/600 Series GPUs"

I always assumed it was insignificant and no effort was put into other cards, I now understand.

I just want my GTX 670's to arrive so I can try them out and be rid of this display driver crash due to low voltage/dx11 issue in some games.

I will admit...I am scared that I heard BF3 is having issues on these beta drivers.

20. ßÍöHÅZÅRD§pëRM

ßÍöHÅZÅRD§pëRM Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA-680 FTW+
    Thanks for that heads up,ive had the same exact problem with the last 3 betas,only BF3 crashes ,and when i put the WHQL back in it has not crashed once.Guess ill skip this one also :/