Assassins Creed III Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Feb 15, 2012.

1. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    smooth sailing (literally lol) in the first areas, but when you go down to Boston levels, framerate starts to dip considerably.

2. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Smooth run with "Ivy" or "Sandy" for what? AC3? Cause ACR runs sweet on my side. As for AC3, it's just raw build of the game engine...hope they will fix this with some several patches XD ...but knowing ubisoft, they can care less for PC platform in general ;)

"Real look"? All games at this moment looks like cartoons. Even advanced games, regarding graphics and modern 3D technologies (Crysis2,3; BF3; Metro2033,LL etc.) looking like Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (2001) animation movie at best. Closest to FF: TSW right now are UE4 techdemo "Samaritan". And until the Microsoft and Sony will dictate PC technologies evolution and progression of 3D graphics due to hardware limitations of their consoles, we will stuck on that "cartoonish" look of future games ;) Don't mind it though..."cartoonish" look I meant.

As for the AC3 "look" - it way behind fidelity and overall 2d/3d design. And crappy texturing with jaggy edges...with no ability to compensate this through AA makes it looks much worst. I can enable ATI's 4-8 adaptive or supersampled antialiasing in ACR and it looks gorgeous - with smooth edges and without any inmotion crawling flickering and at constant 50-60 FPS...And ubisoft did it on purpose in AC3, for advertising Kepler GPUs with imaginary-hardwareTXAA support - shame on them.

This is like physx software - advertising for better sale. Ageia technologies was actual back in the days when GPU/ CPU's was much slower. Look at Crysis 1,2,3 and BF3 :) Borderlands 2 - physx on: fluid water; physx of: static water - it's a crap! Not to mention that I can enable "high" physx in BL2 through "ini" setting turn to "on" without NVIDIA gpu and have with it 60 FPS at max setting on 1080p - piece of sh_ politics and shameles "moneygrabbing"...they have no respect to consumers/ clients - so why should I respect them?..I say - fU them (corporations) xD

I can run Witcher 2, BF3, Crysis2, Metro 2033, F12012, Max Payne 3 etc. on 1080p/ max settings+ with smooth 50-60+ FPS. Why not AC3? It is has much advanced game engine and 3D graphics? - No, it hasn't!...it has worst game engine and overall 3D graphics... So why can't I run it smoothly?..Cause developers of listed other games did much better job to release stable and optimised build of theirs games and the developers of AC3 realesed not the beta build but alpha! version of their game...plus with the limitations and restrictions due to certain product advertising - shame on them.

3. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    thats quite a reply :)

4. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Not all of that xD I just thinking out loud on things in general so to speak ;)

5. Templ

Templ Guest

I didn't say it looks real. I meant it looks more real than previous titles. AC2 looked the worst out of all. I don't think any of them look downright bad, though. The art is good and the world is populated enough (not just with people) to look fine to my eyes.

The lack of proper AA is a little disappointing, but not surprising. If you enabled SSAA in this game, you would get around 10 FPS in the wilderness. Already if you set AA to very high, frame rate drops. Whether or not they disabled previous AA support because of Kepler is something only they know at the moment. We can speculate, but that's pretty much it. All I know for sure is that with current optimizations, my system wouldn't be able to handle the same amount of AA as it does in ACR. I still prefer AC3's look, however. Sorry if that pisses you off. :p

That said, it's an Ubisoft game. They lost their touch right around the time x360 was released. They still put out a few good games (AC being one of them), but obviously with quite a lousy support. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2012
  6. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    ah, The Prince of Persia trilogy, SPlinter Cell, Far Cry, before the time of PS3/X360

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  7. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    No, you are not piss me of...they did ;) I just don't like this kind of attitude from copr. to client who pays money for product and such - I pay for game...not for some hardware from different vendor than mine. Especially when game developer purposely limits or locks (through software) the game features. I repeat - I pay my money for game...I already have my preferable GPU and CPU.

As for ubisoft...well, AC and FarCry and Splinter Cell are only games that they have left for me. And after some fu__ups with their last games I will not buy any from them without free-download (from magic place xD) and testing it first. Buying blindly from ubi it's just a mistake that I will not make again...evar :)

PS. Jezuzz, pls...don't let them fu__ed up FarCry 3! Plz!..I love that game :(
    PPS. I just came to conclusion - I will return AC3 to my retailer today...for 95% initial cost. Ubi don't deserve my money for this game :)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  8. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    AC3 defiantly needs a patch to fix the lag. Even with good fps it will lag with high end system.

9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've haven't been able to play this game as much as I'd have liked but I still managed some 10 hours on it to a point well into Sequence 06. I think this is definitely, by far, the best Assassin's Creed game to date as it is astonishing how much detail has been packed into the game and how much stuff there is to see and do. At times it feels overwhelming as there are so many distractions in terms of side quests such as hunting down pages of a book and actual hunting in the frontier (apparently I'm in the top 10% of 'perfect' hunters or something in the world).

Sadly, this polished game is not quite perfect. In terms of stability, I have no complains as I've not experienced any crashes or game stopping glitches and aside from some polygon clipping (hair and whatnot) the visuals are excellent and very solid, especially when you're free to roam the frontier and Boston. What let's the side down though is the performance which can be 50-60 fps one second then dip to the low 30-40s, fps the next, which leads to a laggy feel. There are also some instances where the game just freezes for a split-second out in the wilderness (presumably where it is loading data). Strangest issue of all though was when I was contolling an eagle during a spiritual journey/dream-like sequence and the framerate was bizarrely locked at 24.3 fps throughout and never wavered (possible bug?). I am playing on maxed out settings at 1920x1200 with TXAA but considering the game is using SLI I'm disappointed that it cannot maintain 60 fps at all times like all the previous games. I'm almost tempted to cap it at 30 fps to have a consistent feel to the game.

Framerate aside though, this really is an outstanding game and one of the highlights of 2012 for me.

10. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The Very High anti-alias setting is a combination of 4xMSAA and FXAA, which actually looks as good, if not slightly better, than TXAA in my opinion. So the game does support 'proper' AA, just not 8xMSAA like the earlier DX9 games.

Incidentally, the multiplayer almost seems like it is from a different game altogether as it uses DX9 and has the same graphics options as the previous games, including 2x/4x/8xMSAA. Personally, I found the visuals poor in this mode, even maxed out (I had to edit the Shadows to High quality though as changing the setting to High in-game caused it to crash), and the gameplay was poor. Thank goodness Assassin's Creed has more than enough single player content that I can just ignore the multiplayer altogether (not that I ever play them anyway beyond checking them out at least once).

11. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    You would think a game with that much detail would use more than 900 MBs of VRAM.

12. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    From another forum:

CPU: i5-2500k @ 3.8
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3X
    Driver: 310.61
    RAM: 8GB

Absolutely everything maxed and on 1080p (TXAA) I get a constant 60, except for a dip down to 45-53 in certain parts of Boston.

Single 670 outperforming my 680 SLI? I need to do some more tweaking but I suspect we've got an SLI optimization problem, not to mention reports of a problem with CPU usage.

13. dem2k

dem2k Guest

GPU:
    295GTX
    There's also got to be problem with SLI and the way it handles tessellation. As the snow shadow flicker only seems to happen on the snow, which I have read is the only effect that is using tessellation through out the game.

I remember when DA2 first came out Nvidia has this issue with the floors being all screwed up in DX11 mode because of tessellation. :bang:

Anyway completed over the weekend. Rushed it though didn't do any of the side missions.

I thought Charles Lee, looks like Timothy Dalton, with coked up eyes :infinity:

14. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Very true. It's impressive actually.

This game reminds me so much of Skyrim but with a more realistic environment where you can hunt animals (stealth kills from trees never gets old) and, of course, cutscenes that tell a decent story. This week's awesome looking Far Cry 3 also features hunting too.

15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    And people with 2GB Vram are whining how thats not enough for gaming...ah gurus :D

16. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Guest

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
    After a long gaming session this weekend I saw it go up to 2100MB of Vram, though I think it was some type of leak/wasn't releasing vram. Using 1080p.

Jumping up to 3840x2160 it was using around 1900mb on average, though I was getting ~35ish fps on average (still seemed fairly smooth) so went back to 1080p since I didn't have any complaints about the visuals, and it didn't heat my gpu as much.

Aside from some graphical glitching once in awhile, and some tearing in the opening cutscenes (going into the cave at the start) I haven't had any issues. No lock ups, no crashes, no stutters, no freezes etc

17. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Back then ELITE simulated hundreds of star systems with just 64 KB. ;)

18. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Thats great for procedural positional/naming systems like the planets in Elite, it can hardly be applied to other game types.

19. psdatta2005

psdatta2005 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 1GB
    guys fps drops in boston level like hell makes it horrible.....do i have to upgrade my cpu???

20. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Yes, from a certain point of view it all started with bf3 and it's 64 player maps, and then many games followed with heavy cpu utilization.