RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    using a bug tracker it's a good decission, at first when RP was "just" a profile-switcher with a few more features (L) scripts everything was fine, but the thread is becoming enormous, plus bugtracker makes it easier if someone has a problem, he may be able to check the fix (if exists) there if someone reported it before.

I'll try to make a good issue about some profile things i'm looking at.

Plus with RP users usually being kinda advanced users, i think it shouldnt give that much work.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  2. Luca T

Luca T Guest

GPU:
    Ati7970 @1200/1500
    I'm sorry but I didn't understand well,
    for example if I set fxaa and smaa ON in the global, then I create a profile for metro and I don't set them in the profile, when I start Metro RP will assume that I want to load the global setting?!

3. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    yes.

If the box has three positions ("off", "ticked" and... "full square"), full square means use global setting.

If thats not the case, then i didnt understand John or something is flawed :infinity:

4. zerowalker

zerowalker Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 380
    Ah, forgot that, will check it out later and update here:)

(About the SwKotor API)

5. xNAPx

xNAPx Guest

GPU:
    MSI R7970 Lightning
    How can i make radeon pro work with max payne 3?

6. raj7095

raj7095 Guest

GPU:
    Reference R9 290 4gb
    hey japam, i got a small request. with txaa being exclusive to only nvidia kepler, i was wondering if you could add video adapter id for kepler cards so that the feature is available to everyone.

7. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Was working for me.

I guess it's not that easy... do you have any confirmation that faking video adapter id activates TXAA on Radeon cards?

8. xNAPx

xNAPx Guest

GPU:
    MSI R7970 Lightning
    how? I use windows 8, maybe it doesn't work because of this? what .exe did you select for the profile the Max Payne 3 executable or the launcher executable?Maybe should I consider a new installation of the program?

9. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Just add maxpayne3.exe and set Launcher as Steam/Impulse/Origin.

10. plywood99

plywood99 Guest

Anyone else having troubles with Rage? I have to disable api monitoring to get Rage to run stable. FXAA works great in Rage but the game crashes randomly, doesn't appear to be any specific reason. Sometimes will crash 30 seconds into the game, other times 30 minutes.

Also when doing a F5 quicksave it causes the screen to go funky. I'lll take a SS real quick and edit into this post.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2012

11. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Rage is a complete "cluster f*ck" for AMD users. I use a custom .cfg for more eye candy but no matter what configuration I use in RP and across multiple drivers I am still getting problems.

Just don't run it through it.

12. plywood99

plywood99 Guest

Yeah pretty much agree with you man. I use custom config too, and will probably just stick with that for my Rage fix.

13. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    i have no problems with rage.

14. zerowalker

zerowalker Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 380
    For some reason i can´t get API to show on Swkotor, the FPS and the (SMAA etc stuff) is showing though;S

15. THEAST

THEAST Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    Hmm, I see. I increased the timeout to two minutes and I just survived another reboot (LOL), I hope this eliminates the issue. It might also be my firewall but I have already applied all possible exceptions for RadeonPro in it; comodo has a habit of silently blocking certain programs in certain situations.
    BTW, every time I reboot I get some message from RadeonPro about 64-bit support and stuff, don't remember the exact message; is this intended?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012

16. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Got a big bug here: One of my games "Far cry 2" is not being detected at all by RP.

17. FRN2003ita

FRN2003ita Guest

GPU:
    ati 7970
    override the problem has been solved with bf3?

18. lance55

lance55 New Member

Hi japamd, there's a really great and awesome software you've developed, Kudos.
    and by the way , i would like to ask a question before asking other things else.
    Does you RP support nvidia graphic card on 64bit application? because unfortunately i'm using gtx470 and there's a software i playing all the time with sweetFX enhanced which can get quite big advantage of 64bit version, i tried RP quite many times and ends up application crashed, so just wanna know if its impossible at the very first, thanks for your time and reading this=)

19. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz

20. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Never run through it, but you can help by posting a debug log.

Nope, sorry. RadeonPro is not certified to run on other hardware than AMD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.