Nokia Lumia 920

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by NoviceRei, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Pigchild

Pigchild Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Super
    I got it and love it!

I just upgraded to the Nokia 920 from my LG Windows 7 phone. I also have an iPhone 4s that is a work issued phone. Prior to all of the above I had a Galaxy Android.

I won't get into details except to say "my new Nokia 920 kicks butt and I love it!"
    It has far exceeded my wildest expectations on every level and makes my friends iPhone 5 look like a child's toy. Cheers to Nokia and win 8 because this 920 rocks!

2. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    congrats! i'm excited to get one for myself! :banana:

3. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Well, today I got a work offer so might be interested in this phone also. :D Not buying it right now, but at January it might be on my "to buy" list.

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    it arrived to my local store.

i must say it is so bold, heavy. couldnt feel comfy. if it was abit thinner , lighter, and smaller :(

5. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Mine just got shipped! Should be here tomorrow.

6. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Just got mine! Transferring music and stuff at the moment.

7. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    How's the weight of the thing ? Can you hold all that 185g on your hand or are you planning to buy gym tickets for the next year ? :)

8. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    ^^ You dont need gym membership..its a win/win situation, you get a great device and working out at the same time :D

9. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Blaah, not a problem at all. Galaxy S feels cheap and really toyish now. I could use the 920 to smack the living crap out of the Galaxy S without a scratch.

And the display.... Is simple awesome. Haven't really tried getting picture but the video quality is just spectacular.

Also, never though that I could get these speed in normal 3G HSPA+ network. DL is 4x faster than on my Galaxy S.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  10. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    The unlocked prepay version here retails for $1000.

FFFFFUUUUUUUU

I might have to sell one of my kidneys for one....

11. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    ... Way over the top with exaggeration don't you think? Most would consider Android an upgrade, it's open source with a billion mods available including performance ones and has every app you could possibly want available. Not to mention a lot of us find Windows 8 and any variant of mobile windows to be retarded. Previously I reserved judgement since I barely ever got to use a Windows phone, but now after seeing so much more of it... I dislike it. Win 8 neither performs faster nor does it offer anything which Android doesn't, Android sounds like an upgrade to me.

12. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I love the consistency of WP8 and there are many things wp does better than ics on my galaxy s. Keyboard is just so much better, it is like it knows already what I'm about to write. I love this phone!

13. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Yeah the keyboard is definitely annoying on ICS/JB, but better than the iOS one IMO. It can be replaced of course, I've just been too lazy to check out all the alternatives.

14. Akhkaru

Akhkaru Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB WF
    I stopped listening when he started talking **** about Android. Say what you will about iOS, but the fact he called Android slow and laggy is laughable. Especially the S3.

15. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Not everyone has S3 you know...

16. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    The guy was talking crap about it on an S3. Even on low end phones I've never seen it be "laggy", including pre-ICS. I watched the video because it was so stupid it was funny, he has no clue what he's talking about, he couldn't even get all the features right.

17. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I bet you haven't had Galaxy S then.

18. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Well you're right there, I never owned one. But it is years old, not exactly a fair comparison. Also it looked fine to me, as did the lower end Optimus 2X, very smooth very clear. What was it that lagged for you?

Either way almost all those old phones can be upgraded to JB, 60 frames a second, so any complaints about "lag" would be nonsense. Custom ROMs will ensure they will receive updates so long as it's theoretically supported by the hardware.

19. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    It still won't make them smooth. Galaxy S isn't and there are way newer phones out there with worse specs, heck even being released. But either way, this is going a bit too off topic.

20. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650