Assassins Creed III Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Feb 15, 2012.

1. thug_angel

thug_angel Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470
    Keep level detail at normal. Works quite smooth for me then.

2. flesheatingbug

flesheatingbug Guest

GPU:
    ATI 4850x2 512MB
    Had the same problem when I reached boston, the framerate just dropped to being unusable, but I disabled crossfire on my ATI Control Panel and it worked perfectly then... well almost

3. KopyKat007

KopyKat007 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 960 SC
    This game is terribly optimized or at least there are a serious lack of gfx options to suit mid range or older PCs.

Why can't we turn off SSAO, or AA, or anything like in previous games? Why is the lowest gfx options considered medium or "normal". Its just lazyness as usual on the game devs or whoever is responsible for compatibility.

What about the people who look at the minimum requirements, see that their PC is easily the same or even above the requirements and then go buy the game thinking it should run decently at least (30 fps or so at least) and then get completely screwed over with 15-20 fps?

I was going to buy this game but i got it from other sources first just to see because i had a funny feeling this game is going to be a disaster, and thank god i didn't buy it since everyone with mid range or older PCs got duped by the BS system requirements and lack of scalability for the gfx setting options that used to be in the previous games of the series. Im just going back to Skyrim because i know it works properly with the gfx mods that make it look beautiful anyways lol.

The best part is i just LOVE how they won't even give out a demo first at least so people can see if its going to run on their system, but noooo that would be against Ubisofts code of "lets make up BS requirements and we don't give a crap about PC customers".

Mini rant over lol.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  4. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Guest

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
    Everything fully maxed, generally maintain a solid 60FPS. Dipped to ~40 for a couple seconds on the opening cutscene of boston harbor. A few low-mid 50's around boston but not many dips. Haven't gotten far yet.

5. NomadAssassin

NomadAssassin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    I reached conclusion that no matter what video card or what settings you use, you still getting low fps. I'm editing settings the whole day in these damn ini files. Low/High it basically same ****. It's the CPU i'm sure. This game is made to run on console CPU. As for demo, be real. Ubisoft are not idiots. They know if there was demo, there would be no buy. Next time will make Skidrow check... if I'm willing to buy anything out of them.

6. angmar

angmar Guest

I'm not having these frame rate issues a lot of you are having....I have everything on max and TXAA on at 1080p and use 310.61. Then again most of the people who are having fps issues have slow cpus and or gpus.

7. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    i assume it still uses letterbox on non 16:9 display?

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yes there is a black border then.

9. KopyKat007

KopyKat007 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 960 SC
    I understand you have the best hardware out there so of course its gonna run fine for you, the point is people with 2500K's and 670s and 7970s are even having problems with low fps in this game and those specs blow EVERY game out of the water and are WAAAY higher than even the maximum recommended system requirements for this game.

They have the minimum requirements at a E6700 duel core 2.66mhz, Nvidia 8800GT. They have the recommended at Q6400 quad core 2.13mhz or better and a GTX 260.

Seriously if people with a system like mine can't even get 20 fps how the hell would someone with a duel core and a 8800gt even run the game, it would be like 5 fps max in Boston and we all know that is very far from playable at all. It would literally be a slide show, yet they claim thats playable?

I know my PC is older and not the greatest, but it runs almost every other game at high settings, not ultra, but high with 50+ very playable fps for my resolution.

Any game port from console i can play on high gfx with no problems along with tons of other people with older PCs like mine, and this game on the lowest "normal" settings gives me 15 fps (in Boston of course) with a Quad core thats much more than the duel core 6700 ubisofts says is recommended minimal? I think theres something wrong there and its with this game, maybe they should have highered the system requirements or added more scalability options like every other game has.

My problem with this game is not so much that i don't get the fps i want, its that they lie about the minimum system requirements, they don't release a small demo or anything and then people go out and buy the game only to realize they were lied to about their own system and can't even play it on lowest settings on their PC's that have better or in alot of cases OVER the maximum system requirements to play a game that plays on consoles. Its ridiculous!

And they wonder why piracy happens so often, i will never buy a game before i try it under any circumstances ever, especially now that they are straight up lying right to customers faces if they can even decently play the game on there systems.

10. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Do you have the latest 310.61 drivers installed? they try to improve performance further for Assassins Creed 3 but a representative from Nvidia also posted (Here somewhere, driver sections.) that this game is highly CPU demanding so they can't do much more.
    (Which seems true but it's also strange that it only puts all load on a single core and only uses the others minimally.)

FPS is usually over 60 everywhere else in the game (VSync disabled.) but Boston (And New York later I suspect.) sees framerate go down to 36 - 42 FPS in the city areas although I do use max settings. :)
    (But you used normal/minimum so it should perform far better than it does even if your hardware is not the latest but it shouldn't be needed when using these settings.)

(Multiplayer has a lot more settings to adjust by the way but it's using a older code from what I've read, not the full Anvil Next which is used for SP.)

11. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Ubisoft doesn't care. Why can't people understand this? They already have your money....from some of you at least.

12. KopyKat007

KopyKat007 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 960 SC
    I wasn't aware of the 310.61 but i have the 310.54 so i doubt it will make a huge difference, thanks though ill try it.

When you mention the nvidia rep talking about the game being CPU demanding, i have no problem with them making a CPU demanding game, my problem is them saying its a CPU demanding game AFTER they already stated in the requirements that an old duel core or so can play the game. Its a straight up lie, if they would have said something like an i3 or better.

I mean im not trying to be offensive but you have a top of the line almost $600 i7-3930K and the game is getting as low as under 40 fps? Thats absolutely preposterous! 100% terribly unoptimized game. There is NO WAY thats not enough processing power for ANY damn game on ANY settings.

Ill try the drivers but i doubt they will help for me anyways lol.

13. KopyKat007

KopyKat007 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 960 SC
    Yeah its too bad really? Im just glad i tried the game first, i will never give Ubisoft even one damn cent lol. Like you said, its clear that they don't give a crap.

14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Oh I understand, it was something like that I meant, I'm using a high-end CPU (At around 4.2 Ghz clock speed even, albeit it can probably go higher still but this is enough for now.) and even then CPU usage and threading is well it's not very good as far as I can tell. :)
    (I can understand the game not using everything since that would be pretty weird too but it's still centered around just one core.)

I guess we'll see with the next patch. :)
    (Or a driver update, those higher settings are quite taxing so it could be something with that too but the lower ones should be more than manageable on even older hardware.)

EDIT: Also I was wrong - http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-310-61-beta-drivers-released - it was the 310.54 (Which you had.) that have the Assassins Creed 3 improvements.

EDIT:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4458251&postcount=330
    (That Nvidia post about the game being CPU bound.)

15. KopyKat007

KopyKat007 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 960 SC
    Well this explains alot about CPU problems: Wow i can't post a benchmark3d link in here, wtf lol.

Copy and paste and take out the space to view:

http://bench mark3d.com/assassins-creed-3-benchmark

Also i went to check out the uPlay forums and theres a whole thread about how terribly its optimized for CPUs, seems only people with i7's are getting decent performance and even some of them are complaining. Most others are just having a terrible time with this game and are pretty pissed off understandably lol.

16. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    im interested to see how it runs with HT (or with FX series modular cores)

edit:
    looking at those results, it looks like dual core is similar to what quad does, and only 1 core is being fully used when running it in full 4 threads '__'

17. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    From the article, just to clarify that part a little. (What the settings corresponds to was posted earlier in this thread as well.)
    Normal is standard FXAA, High is FXAA on well I don't know what it's called but it's using the highest possible quality settings, still fairly fast though.
    (Shame it can't be disabled as then I could just use the SMAA plugin instead but the difference is probably going to be pretty subtle anyways.)

V.High depends on hardware, for Nvidia it's using the TXAA filter which I don't really know that much about aside from the basics, for AMD it's the highest FXAA preset again but with 4x MSAA added.
    (Depending on CCC settings like what for example I'm using that would be MSAA 12x due to edge-detect mode I keep on and also with adaptive AA enabled thus I get a pretty extreme framerate hit with that, hah.)

18. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    How many fps do u have Mr. Fluidity? :D

19. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    So that's how the exclusive content works for the digital deluxe version.

Had to enter the serial key again but in the extras menu from within the game.
    (Didn't expect to actually get sixteen things from it but I'm not complaining.)

EDIT: Ah so the extra missions (Not just the items and such.) need a restart to function, ah well.

EDIT: Right, content is written into the profile file so that's why a restart is needed, nothing that can be done about that.

20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I should get my copy today from ShopTo.net and being tied to Steam I hope I can actually play it tonight when I get home from work and not after midnight! This will be the second game I own that has TXAA support! Wow, six months of waiting and two come at once! :D