Wheres the documentation showing the cards with voltage support?

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Tim_Ca, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Domininja

Domininja Guest

GPU:
    HIS 7970
    Lol, I have no idea, could you help me?

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Sorry, you have to use search and add it yourself.

3. Domininja

Domininja Guest

GPU:
    HIS 7970
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  4. Unwinder

You MUST have basic understanding of VT1165 to add this yourself to Afterburner, I cannot do this instead of you, sorry.

5. Domininja

Domininja Guest

GPU:
    HIS 7970
    But I thought that the VRM VT1165 was all the same, therefore would need the same 'string' in order to get it working?

Thank you.

6. Unwinder

The "string" must specify proper voltage LUT register addres for your card and proper default voltage register value. You MUST understand VT1165 basics to fill it and I cannot help you on that, sorry. It is not HIS suppirt forum.

7. Domininja

Domininja Guest

GPU:
    HIS 7970
    Oh ok, All I know is the default voltage. I doubt that would be suffice, lol.
    Thanks for clearing that up for me :)

I doubt HIS support would respond to me this quickly and wouldn't be as experienced as you Unwinder :D

8. elcrys

elcrys Guest

GPU:
    MSI R7850 Twin Frozr 2GD5
    Hello, I've got MSI R7850 Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC and I want to undervolt - is it possible? In Afterburner 2.3.0 I have the "Core Voltage" slider inactive. Setting "unlock voltage control" is checked and drivers for vga are the latest directly from MSI. Does my model support voltage control or not?

9. Unwinder

The only MSI 7850 with voltage control is 7850 Power Edition. You can always find if your model supports overvoltage by examining your retail MSI card box and reading it there.

10. elcrys

elcrys Guest

GPU:
    MSI R7850 Twin Frozr 2GD5
    OK, thank you for your reply. I assume that's not impossible but MSI simply wants to support sells of this Power Edition model? Anyway I will have to inquire about this next time I buy graphics card.

11. Unwinder

Wrong assumption

12. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    I bought a msi hd 7770(R7770-PMD1GD5) for my brother and we can´t change the voltage of the card, we tried everthing(unnoficial method, etc). The box clearly says "overvoltage with msi afterburner"!

Other thing: the card doesn´t have crossfire on the card, it isn´t there!

Summary: screw you msi, i´m out.

13. Unwinder

Dear haters, please post crap like "screw you msi" outside this place. Summary: bye.

14. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Hatter? It´s false advertising!

15. Unwinder

The only 7770 with overvoltage support is 7770 Power Edition, which is NOT your model. And once again, it is not official MSI support place, their PRs don't visit this place frequently. It is a forum dedicated to software development ONLY. So direct your hate to official MSI support places, if you beleive that you got fooled. I don't sell you the cards and I won't like to waste time on cleaning your hate posts. Thanks and bye.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013

16. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    I did´t even mean to speak to you, i made a post on this thread about msi voltage, regarding the lack of voltage tweaking on my msi card and showed my discontent to prevent others users from falling in false advertising. I don´t even know who you are, and why did you speak to me in such a rude way like you own this section of the fórum and msi´s back.

Anyway, no need for fights. Thanks for the information you gave me regarding the variants of the cards. I will strongly advice my friends to not buy msi and i will try to find some way to send the card back.

Bye.

17. Unwinder

You came with "screw you" comments to my subsection where i support MY software. Came without even researching that you card is not supposed to have voltage control. And call my reply rude? Heh. Bye, please stay away from this section and software in future.

18. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    I said "screy you" to msi, not you, and i´d say it again. I bought so many tech stuff over so much years and never before i got one that claims in the box something that it can´t achieve. Sure there´s always some hardware that fails, but they don´t advertise their failure on the box. That´s the point. You´re right in something though, i have to do more research before i buy something from certain companies.

I didn´t know it was your software. And i don´t care. I will stay away from this section alright, not for good reasons.

Yes, you are rude.

I´m afraid i can´t stay away from software because i´m a software engineer.

19. Unwinder

Once again, genius, there is msi.com forum where you can express your feelings about MSI graphics cards, ask to refund, claim that it doesn't support Crossfire, post anything you like about the comany and so on. This section is dedicated to Afterburner software ONLY, your negative posts are 100% offtopic here and once again, this place is not even being visited by MSI on regular basis. If you don't get it, it is your personal problem. It is rude to come to someone's home with insults and your own rules. It is twice rude to keep doing so when you're being asked to do it outside this place.

20. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    This conversation from me is over. Have a nice day.