RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    Wow that looks incredible!!! OMG CAN NOT WAIT TO TRY IT OUT!!! :banana:

I did see the preview build you released and while I don't know if it fixed anything. I still can not get it to work with the games I mentioned. before. Red faction guerilla, the baconing, and anamoly warzone earth.

2. zerowalker

zerowalker Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 380
    Also, Japamd when you take screenshots, could you take at higher resolutions and with PNG:)?

Cause jpeg can cause some weird artifacts, and it´s hard to say if it´s in the game or not, especially on dark places.

3. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    This weekend I'll work a bit more on it and will release a new build, if possible.

I don't have those games to test, but Red faction Armageddon is working fine here.

There's no big difference between JPG and PNG taken by RP :)

I've uploaded the STALKER screenshots in original size, here and here

4. zerowalker

zerowalker Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 380
    Ah okay, using high quality then, nice;D

And it really looks nice, really love the looks on the tree at the farthest back, looks much better;D

5. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Amazing.

6. wingclip

wingclip Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    Thanks for clearing up what the red X indicates.

Yes, I have version 1.1.0.6. But when I click on any link that indicates the latest build, (even when they actually name it as 1.1.1.0), I go there, click on the "download" button and it wants to download 1.1.0.6...

Here's the last link that I went to:

http://www.radeonpro.info/en-US/Downloads/

I'm sure there must be a way to get it but I'm not holding my mouth right or something.
    Thanks again, Rich

7. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    http://www.radeonpro.info/Download/RadeonPro_Preview.exe

8. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    Yea, Armageddon works perfect for me too. Just Guerilla that has issues. I posted my log for it on the previous page in case you're interested.

9. Alexandra

Alexandra Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 5850
    Just in case it matters, RF:Guerrilla has a fallback DX9 mode that you can trigger by (no kidding) grabbing another window and dragging it around rapidly as the game is starting. You'll know it worked if there are fewer options in the graphics config menu. (Or if RadPro tells you you're in DX9.)

My understanding is that at least some people get better performance in the DX9 mode. I wonder if it will play nicer with RadPro.

On an unrelated note, I just tried the latest ZDoom with RadPro and noticed that using SMAA and FXAA together incurred a massive performance hit, like 60 (adaptive vsync) -> 40. And with just SMAA on the framerate would slip from 60 to sub-50 when I approached partially transparent textures, like grills and grates. As such, I regretfully turned off all AA.

Another little tidbit: Using SMAA makes the item pickups in Dead Space 2 turn the screen entirely black when you move the camera too close to them. It seems like this is another transparency-related issue (the item pickups have transparent effects around them).

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  10. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
    Just had a scroll through the imgur library... wow. You're doing some great work here, John! Well done :)

11. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    John, SSAO looks awesome.

Would options exist to adjust SSAO settings per game and global like SweetFX?

Also, would it be possible to look at adding SSIL as a shader feature too?

12. Luca T

Luca T Guest

GPU:
    Ati7970 @1200/1500
    @japamd

Did you try if the OSD works on Batman1 with the last update of RP?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  13. Megagoth1702

Megagoth1702 Guest

GPU:
    HD 6850 (flashed to 6870)
    Japamd, is there a way to change SweetFX in real time somehow? Something like - change settings, right click on profile and hit "apply now"?

It's just annoying to start & close the game all the time.

If there is no way of doing it - no problem. But if there is one, it would be really appreciated. :)

14. zixsie

zixsie Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 7610M
    You can easily change the sweetfx settings from the txt file, sweetfx_settings in the main game directory, then go back ingame and reload the shaders with the pause key and then turn off and on sweetfx to apply the effects.

15. dox_aus

dox_aus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSi 290 Gaming CF
    OSD in Batman AA goty steam vers is working fine for me here with latest rp beta.

16. Megagoth1702

Megagoth1702 Guest

GPU:
    HD 6850 (flashed to 6870)
    Thank you.

I am using RadeonPRO with sweetFX "built in". So the only way to change em is via RadenPRO. Also - I am using DCS 64bit, so RadeonPRO is the only way I will get SweetFX into the game anyway. So the option to reload SweetFX config must be done within RadeonPRO. Although I will try the pause key thing.

Nope, didnt work. Pressing pause does not reload SweetFX settings, changing them, hitting "apply now", disabling them ingame, pressng pause, re-enabling does not change anything.

Thanks for the advice anyway.

17. Luca T

Luca T Guest

GPU:
    Ati7970 @1200/1500
    I have the normal version on dvd and it ask the profile on games for Windows to allow to play and save

18. Luca T

Luca T Guest

GPU:
    Ati7970 @1200/1500
    I have tried the last update of RP 1.1.1.0

-In Batman I can't manage the OSD to work

-In Metro2033 even if I created a profile without FXAA and without SMAA then when the game start the OSD shows they are enabled

-In Metro2033 switching on and off the FXAA and the SMAA doesn't show any improvement (I don't know if it's problem with this game, for example I heard some issues about SMAA-injector and Metro)!

19. wingclip

wingclip Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    Thanks Merolac! I came up on that once and saw the word "Preview" in the Download Manager i use so I thought it was something other than the latest version, 1.1.1.0.

But I downloaded it and will install it asap.
    Thanks again, Rich

20. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    You are welcome, not a problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.