Assassins Creed III Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Placebo_Tony

Placebo_Tony Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Holy **** did I rage when I saw the fps drop to the mid 30's
    when I entered Boston.:wanker:

Gpu usage went from 95+% to 30%-50% and spiked like crazy...

Turns out the world detail option causes all the mayhem,
    with it on high and everything maxed out I managed to get min fps of 45 but mostly stayed above 60.

Didn't try to see how it preforms at normal settings.
    I've took some screenshots comparing high and very high and I can see the object in the background look worse but meh, won't really bother me during gameplay...

hope they will patch it soon, If ever...
    seems like poor optimization on the cpu side this time:bang:

2. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Seems like ill be waiting(hoping) for the patch to increase performance before picking up a copy!

3. jordash

jordash Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670
    I've been messing with the settings for hours now trying to find a smooth sweet spot. When you enter Boston your fps fluctuate no matter how epic your system. My system stays in-between 60-24 fps with an average of 36fps which is unplayable(imho) due to the frequency of the slow downs. So I limited my fps to 30 and WOW what a difference.
    It does still drop under 30 occasionally but its a lot less frequent. Now that I have it pretty smooth I've been applying multiple AA with Nvidia inspector to see if it would hinder the game more. To my surprise nothing I apply decreases performance.
    So until/if they release a patch lowering your fps can help with slow downs.

4. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    30fps...not good for me.

For increase performance press ALT+TAB to windows and then return ingame. This increases GPU usage for me and performance. ;)

5. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    [FONT=&quot]He has every right to go off at these POS, that are the main reason us legit buyers have to deal with unoptimised and DRM infected games.

PS: It is against the rules of this forum to discuss leaked or pirated software.[/FONT]

6. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    A number of posts were deleted for this reason which might make mitzi's post look out of context, my fault.

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Why is your text so miniature :3eyes:
    [​IMG]

8. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  9. jordash

jordash Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670
    I'm the same as you ,but after waiting this long and not buying it for 360 I'm pretty pissed. So I'll just have to adjust. I'm positive the day I complete the game will be the day the patch is released.

Ill try alt + tab and see if it helps.

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Ah shame indeed. Such a powerful PC's users reporting really bad performance is not a good at all, is it possible they screwed this up... :(

11. Wanny

Wanny Guest

So that only people that know how to ctrl + mousewheel can read it. :banana:

BTW I still see boobs in your name. I know they're eyes but...

12. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    imaginate the bump up buildig tessalation then even 2 gtx 680 cant hanle it

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The problem is that most games are coded for consoles that have weak GPUs but relatively good CPUs and unless the engines are optimized properly for the PC then those games will run poorly on the PC, failing to make full use of the GPUs. A good example is Grand Theft Auto IV which was a travesty on the PC unless you have a very high end system capable of countering the badly optimized engine. Rockstar at least made an effort with Max Payne 3, helped by constant patching, which runs terrific and in DX9, DX10 and DX11 too.

Unfortunately, a lot of DX11 games seem to have issues over DX9 ones, which is puzzling because it is hardly new and is supposedly optimized for multi-threading. Metro 2033, L.A. Noire (patched), Batman: Arkham Asylum, Need for Speed: Most Wanted and now Hitman: Absolution are recent DX11 games off the top of my head that have performance issues, even on high-end hardware. I don't think this will change until the new Xbox and PlayStation are released next year with more powerful DX11/OpenGL hardware and all developers will then support them properly. At the moment very few developers do.

14. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Am i bothered? (j/k).

Yeah I often am prone to forum rage!!! Actually takes quite a bit to get on my goat as it were but piracy is one of them....well at least the nerve of some people to actually try and discuss it before official launch.

That in my book is blatantly taking the mick :)

p.s nothing worse finding out you have been trying to help someone with a pirated version. although usually it's pretty easy to smell a rat.

15. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    sigh, why is it so hard to believe that you CAN GET the game before official rel date in local stores and what do i know where else, legally!? They have the game in stock but arent allowed to sold at this time.

So you know this guy who works there and he sold you the game 2 days before of. rel date..

so what now?

Edit: And ofc, when some1 gets the game early, chance for leaked clone are high!

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It started selling last week afaik, likely that's why Ubisoft also rushed out the 1.01 update so fast.
    (Just that with the way the Orbit system \ UPlay client work it also benefited piracy.)

17. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    BEST ASSASSIN CREED game ever realy like it cant stop play the game !!! 9/10 because my gpu weak :)

18. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    no preload?

19. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    When will Amazon have a sale on the deluxe version?

20. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Not to be rude, but how can any of us possibly know the answer?