Rift Storm Legion

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Calmmo, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I need time to start playing! Blergh. Regulos looks absolutely stunning, love the design.

2. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    heh, ive been busy leveling. I took the normal path aka questing whille running guild groups for dungeons yet somehow still grabbing server firsts (which i assumed would have gone to powerlevelers) on most higher level ones on the server *wink wink*.

Tbh i should have just powerleveled to 60 and start doing the questlines from today in slackmode in between expert dungeon runs for gearing up. Raids 'a comin sunday and monday! :p Seriously tho if youve played Rift launch, considering we had no clue how to play the game and classes, going from 1-50 took less time to get there than SL's 50-60.

Anyway being on the most populated server in europe (now with their superclusters and new server structures ice is basically one full server that has the size of 3-4 high-full launch rift servers so it gets laggy at times but certainly better in SL than it was like a month ago.

Anywyay i've been running on med-high settings so i didnt bother taking any sshots of the higher level areas. But I shall once I get some non leveling - gearing up personal slack time

*edit* found two, must have grabbed them and forgot about it, its on med textures so dont judge! Damn invasion boss had 750mil hp, took 45mins to down with like 200 people that the engine obviously couldn't render all (act dmg meter did tho)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  3. Scerate

Scerate Guest

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    man i now really want to play this game but no time atm :puke2:

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yeah, leveling is looong. I went from 49 to 50 in about an hour and a half, 50 to 51 took a LOT longer. but now I'm about half hour away from 52 and finally found a good leveling build, for now anyway. it's basically full marksman, with 8 points in tactician and 4 points in riftstalker for survivability. now I get heals when hit also heal on kill, some nice hp buff too, still with high dps so very happy. bring it on, hopefully will hit 53 tomorrow.

and Alex, you're a monster, gratz on progress. keep us posted about raids.

5. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I'm actually looking forward to being able to enjoy leveling a little. Some other games have s-t-r-e-a-mlined the process so much that it's over if you blink. I remember hitting 60 for the first time in Vanilla WoW. Painful, but damn was it worth it. I've got the game downloaded now, logged an oldish char earlier to sort my settings out. Looks stunning maxed, and chugs along with better frames than I get in WoW, funnily enough.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    really? better performance than wow? impossible. it still crawls to under 20fps in heavy zones.

7. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    well do keep in mind it runs a lot better on servers like blightweald where there arent like a thousand ppl each area. Still has the issue of going down to crawl speeds on bosses like the one in the pic i posted, but compared to the old EI events with similar pop at the end boss it feels certainly smoother. Dunno if its a slight framerate difference or simply engine optimization to look smoother at lower fps, but whatever it is its noticeable, at least to me that ive been playing without leavng the game since those times. (like cry engine on release for example, i was playing at 22-25fps and it felt as smooth as 35-40 fps while playing)

8. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I'm in a low-med pop leveling area (early-ish level) to be fair. However, going to a early Panda quest zone that's of similar population and I'm seeing better performance. That said, WoW heavily favours Nvidia cards over AMD. I'm not sure if things are more balanced for Rift. Either way, I wont complain considering it's a substantially better looking game. I don't doubt that once I start doing higher level events I'll have to lower some settings, mind you.

9. Scerate

Scerate Guest

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    If anybody wants to play Rift just PM me i just got a code :) you can use it cause i just got it from raptr

don't want to make ads here but if some of you want the source here.

edit: Code already given

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    from what I gather, Rift is an nvidia game too. it does slow down in big fights, but it's playable and it doesn't affect gameplay. it's great to see players everywhere in SL as well, very busy, everyone is questing. met some nice people.

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Oh btw, I can let you guys in for a trial as well, please make it happen so that I can get my shiny new mount :)

12. shadex

shadex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Merc 6600 XT
    I want to try out Rift Invasion, does anyone have a buddy key?

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    pm me your email, I'll send you an invite

14. shadex

shadex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Merc 6600 XT
    Done.

15. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    How is storm legion? Lore wise? Same old questing same system or did they add some surprises? What about pvp?

16. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I wasn't aware it was more suited to Nvidia. Strange, unless it's the 'improvements' made to WoW since MoP's release. For the improvement gains vs performance loss it's a mess.

17. shadex

shadex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Merc 6600 XT
    Still waiting, thanks :)

18. shadex

shadex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Merc 6600 XT
    :( - still waiting.

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    sorry, been working ygpm :)

If anyone else wants an invite, shoot me your email in a pm

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I'm not sure how familiar you are with Rift of the last few months, but there's plenty to do. There's the IAs, Quests, Carnage quests, you can level via PvP, Instances, Rifts etc. Lore is pretty extensive I'd say, more so than in the original game I would say, you see a lot of Crucia, there's references to a lot of stuff all around the place, also, there's books you can collect. Again, I don't know what you're comparing current state of Rift to, but if it's Rift a year ago, it's moved on in heaps. It has the most varied leveling experience I've ever seen in a MMO.