Nvidia GeForce 310.54 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by [Arnold], Nov 12, 2012.

1. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    FIFA 13 is rooted with these drivers. Major texture flickering, 1/2 refresh rate adaptive vsync runs at 30fps (should be 60fps with my 120hz monitor), AA can't be forced in Inspector now. Even if I don't use the new FIFA 13 SLI profile it runs the same. Had no problems with previous drivers.

2. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Probably running at 60 Hz... check your monitor's OSD. I've been having similar issues with refresh rates lately. Fortunately I found workarounds using registry tweaks and customly created resolutions.

3. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    see my posts above for some reason MOHW was running at 60 hz, not 120. And after you reset it, it drops back to 60hz between each match. I'm guessing in that game you not running 120hz, check the OSD of your LCD to see.

4. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    I have one bug I found Elder Scrolls Morrowind Randomly acts like its Dark even when its not meaning walking around with a torch when sun is out has to be done... reverted to 310.33/34 and it goes back to normal...

5. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    Just ran NFS: Most Wanted and BF3. Both run the same as with 310.33. Just FIFA 13 reacting badly to these drivers so far.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  6. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    I agree, I was too quick to praise these drivers in BF3, at first it seemed to have less framerate drops, but now there is some kind of weird choppyness/stutter that appears at times, like the ground is kind of skipping?

7. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I didn't get what you mean by ground skipping. If it's artifacting of sorts then I didn't get that, the usual stutters.

Here are two images, different games but stutters seem to be present there as well:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Metro 2033, all maxed out, no Physx, did 3 runs using in-game benchmark tool. Screen shot is of the 3rd run.

Black bars indicate stutter I guess cause I got the same feeling when the benchmark was running.

8. -=WolverinE=-

-=WolverinE=- Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX560Ti DirectCu II
    Instead of trolling (fail), you could've explained what you found so funny.

9. Mike V

Mike V Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 Armor
    Same problem here. Back to WHQL too i guess.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Metro2033 isn't a good stutter indicator, those spikes happen with any driver on any system, its even worse in SLI. Could be disk trashing/ game benchmark s t r e a m i n g issue, normal game is smooth.

Regarding this BF3 stutter, its weird, it goes smooth for a while then it can have occasional (0.5s) 3fps spike, doesnt matter what spot and happens only after certain time 2hours+. When i look around and when this spike happens i get like mouse skip or something (image jitters and kinda moves the whole picture a bit), kinda annoying.

In my case i use 70fps cap and its like so 70-70-...67-70-70-...67-70-70-...67-70-70,.. at least by the spots where im not cpu bottlenecked.

Could be the same in MOH, i dont own that game.

11. Sarex

Sarex Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    Is anyone getting black buffs in LOL. Blue and red buff appear black.

12. 1stcowgirl

1stcowgirl Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti DCIIOC
  13. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    It should be obvious. In no way is any form of SMAA superior to TXAA.

MSAA alone has more temporal stability than any form of SMAA.

SMAA's own demo utility showcases that alone.
    Really you can't see it? Look harder. Look at the shadow on the washing machine to the left. Look at the Washing machine itself.
    Look at trees in the distance, look at the texturing on the gun scope lens.
    Clamping should prevent NLOD,but I am able to force +LOD and -LOD

Here maybe this will be more clear

Clamp 0.0 (Auto) vs Clamp -2.0
    http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/157911
    Hint: Look at the scope, the crates,trees in the distance

14. -=WolverinE=-

-=WolverinE=- Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX560Ti DirectCu II
    Have you actually seen the TXAA screens? It's a blurry mess! If you want a smudge on your games by all means, but not me.

MSAA's perforamnce hit is the reason why we have FXAA, SMAA and TXAA so that's not a valid argument.

15. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    SMAA will likely never been implemented in Nvidia drivers. It wasn't developed by Nvidia, it was developed by Crytek for use in Crysis 2.

Nvidia would have to license the technology from Crytek to use it in their drivers, that is very unlikely to happen.

16. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti

TXAA's performance is on par with 2-4XMSAA with much better quality.

"it's blurry" isn't a valid argument either considering how well TXAA AAs things in motion.

The reason TXAA was made, was to resolve temporal aliasing, shimmering, pixel crawl Something FXAA, nor MSAA can do alone completely.
    (and provide smoothness on par with film. Even in CGi films they do similar "Blurring" to the image.
    http://timothylottes. (Blogspot) .com/2012/01/games-vs-film.html
    http://hq55.com/disney/walle/walle-disneyscreencaps.com-521.jpg Wall-E Blu-ray capture
    http://0.tqn.com/d/kidstvmovies/1/0/I/H/walle008.jpg Wall-E Marketing Shot )
    And it does JUST THAT.

Here, why don't I direct you to http://timothylottes. (Blogspot) .com/2012/08/tsw-noaafxaamsaatxaa-video-and-resize.html

4xTXAA
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B2manFVVrzQAS0thVUlyczlyY1E
    No AA
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B2manFVVrzQAS0thVUlyczlyY1E

. TXAA annihilates temporal aliasing. Yeah it looses some sharpness. But I'll take no aliasing with slightly blurry over sharpness and aliasing any day. And besides, you can still lumasharpen it after TXAA if it bothers you enough.

OR you can simply not use it and continue to use whatever you want.

If anyone is to blame for not including something like SMAA, it's the developers. Which is hilarious considering one of the guys who made SMAA works for Activision now. I'd love to see a game actually ship with SMAA T2X or SMAA 4X as an option. Just to see it finally in a game. I probably wouldn't use it much more beyond testing for comparison. But it would be nice to have it none the less.

Because just like there are people like me who want something like TXAA. There are people who want something like the higher end modes of SMAA.

Also: I'm pretty sure SMAA wasn't developed soley for Crytek considering Crysis 2 uses temporal supersampling reprojection for distant objects + Edge AA filter for nearby objects or FXAA(The game even has a CVAR " R_PostMsaaEdgeFilterNV")

17. Arioch

Arioch Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    Borderlands 2 - PhysX with 3D Vision

AndyB,

Ever since Borderlands 2 has been out, the physx effects do not render properly in 3D. The fix for this has been to assign Borderlands2.exe to Alice:Madness Returns using Nvidia Inspector, which makes them render properly with 3D Vision.

Can you please ask the driver team to assign Borderland 2 to the Alice:Madness Returns profile? I have tried a number of drivers since the game has come out and have to manually re-assign the executable to that game after every driver release.

18. s1DDy

s1DDy Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070Ti
    *Sigh* these also don't like 2waySli GTX690's..., back to the 306.** it is, nothing but problems after installing this set.... (Random hangs, Blue screens, screens popping in and out of existence, let alone trying to make it work on a ultra wide setup (6040x1080)) thnx for the effort but no thnx... (running win8x64)

19. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Let me guess... You have TN panel with crappy dithering? That is a solid colour, check it with image editor. It looks solid on my IPS screen.

By the way, according to Lottes this driver supports SGSSAA directly with automatic lod. Does it really work? This is also supposed to have sharper TXAA.

20. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    These 310.xx drivers don't seem to like overclocking. My buddies that have GTX 680's and 690 in GW2 can't seem to keep any OC's stable on these sets.