Call of Duty Black Ops 2?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    iam not saying the engine is awesome but, what would be different if the engine was something different?

i just look for the playability and fun factors on MP FPS gaming.

BF3 is so fun to me. This looks too for now. i cant make a full decision until i play more. i cant understand with one match.

2. Wanny

Wanny Guest

It's that time of the year where I get angry because I don't understand why these crap sell many millions like that. It's a total joke.

3. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    It's not the graphics that make CoD great but they aren't that shabby either.
    Taking a look at all the games that come out, all being console ports, they're still nice enough to look at. Even BF (BF3 and BC2) or MoH (2010 and WF) have enough places with bad textures and especially bad/flat lighting (BC2). Crysis and Metro still are the kings when it comes down to graphics but those aren't multiplayer titles ;)

PS: Bought the game, installed off the CD, checked options -> changed language. Downloading several GB of data. Yay :nerd:

4. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    even with SLi disabled it drops to the 30's, and 99% GPU usage. and, they say Medal of Honor Warfighter has bad graphics.. this game is terrible in places! some textures are just a joke! looks like a 10 year old game at times....

5. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Have to agree, the game is pathetic looking for 2012.

PS: How did you 'enable' SLI since there is no working profile for it that we know of?

EDIT: This seems to work:

0x000010F5 (Huxley, Gears of War, Cryostasis, Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.(DX10), Fury)

SLI Compatibility bits (DX1x) in Inspector.

Tx to Whitespider :)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  6. imthelumberjack

imthelumberjack Guest

GPU:
    2x 580gtx sli
    I am fairly surprised by the new nvidia drivers as it adds nothing to Nvidia Inspector in terms of... well anything. Sure the games name is added, but the .exe is incorrect (correct exe according to steam is: t6mp.exe, t6sp.exe, t6zm.exe ) and there are no profiles in any relation to sli or ambient occlusion. I have tried several different profiles (after adding the correct .exe's), but neither sli or ambient occlusion seen to be working (In game AO seems to do nothing). This would not be a problem if the game did not run at a terrible framerate (between 25-60 w/ vsync) on my 2x 580gtx / 2500k @ 4.2 on a freshly installed 310.54 nvidia drivers (even after disabling DOF).

Originally I thought that vsync was the issue, but even with it off with a frame limiter at 60fps and vsync off, the framerate does not change, usage on gpu1 (99%) gpu2 registers almost nothing. This seems extremely odd as MOH:WF and BF3 run much smoother at max (and look much better) than BLOPS 2 currently.

This also seems to be pretty common on both AMD and Nvidia cards. I am just curious if anyone has found a temporary solution. Thanks.

7. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Check my previous post on the last page ;)

8. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    I remember having serious framerate issues with original BO game, and discovered that NVidia HD audio was the culprit. Disabling HD audio drivers via device manager cured it. May be worth a try.

9. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i didn't get sli working, theres no bits in the profile as you know, and it doesn't even have the crrect .exe, i had to point it to the correct one. ill try the bits you just posted and see what happens, thx!

Update: the above sli bits work.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  10. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i liked Black Ops 1, been watching a few videos of BO2, can't make up my mind, looks nice story wise and the graphics are not bad at all, but the gameplay mechanics seem very predictable and i'm growing tired of this.

i absolutely loved Homefront because while it borrowed from many games it was at least varied and i felt some kind of attachment to the characters, which is something i miss in COD/MOH games.

so as of late i'm becoming extremely selective when it comes to Cod/Moh games, which is why i ask, can't make up my mind.

is this game at least as good or better than BO1? should i buy it?

thanks. [​IMG]

11. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I'm in the same boat. I usually buy the COD games just because my friends all buy them and we can play online together. But this same old stuff over and over is getting old and the Zombie mode isn't enough to make me buy this one.
    Even the Madden games change more from year to year than COD.

12. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Awesome :)

Gotta say as much as the graphics could be better, they did listen to the criticism on sound, it is way better - the guns actually sound like guns.

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    And hitbox is perfect.

14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    bought it, downloading now.

15. Grim_2o0o

Grim_2o0o Guest

GPU:
    RX 570 Nitro +
    The Candyman told me off for failing the C&Conquer mission, like hell was I replaying that crap again, especially since the enemy got in and set the EMP off with only 5 seconds to go... I cant stand micro-management stuff.

There's some nice locations in SP but it still feels just as generic as any other modern-interactive-scripted-movie-shooter. :nerd:

Other than that it runs quite well, almost a constant 60fps @ 1600x900 max/no AA.

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  17. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    they have gooten a little better now that i'm at the current time frame in the game, but some textures are truely terrible. you would think they would give PC a little more love and not force console textures on us... becuase as far as im concerned thats what they have done.

18. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
  19. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  20. Vector

Vector Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 FTW 4gb w/bkplate