New phone...possibly...

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by sykozis, Nov 3, 2012.

1. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Maybe it has so many options/settings it's frustrated you? This is another reason why I HATE doing a factory reset. I Will spend AGES trying to get Go Ex Launcher to look EXACTLY how I want it to.

However, this is the beauty with the launcher, the fact it's extremely customizable...

You can even rename & resize icons which is great. Only downside to Go Launcher EX is the fact it's time consuming to get things looking perfect...

2. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    not sure about go launcher, but with tsf, you can save your configuration to a file, so if you move phones, you can transfer the config file across and it will reload your entire layout (widgets and app shortcut positions) within reason as it still requires you to have a similar resolution screen). some of the app links will load up but will be broken if you havent installed those apps yet, but it ends up being quite nifty.

maybe see if your launcher has the same feature ninja'd away somewhere?

3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    What really irritates me about Go Launcher EX is that it has multiple components that have to be downloaded separately. Then it adds a bunch of new shortcuts everywhere that I find to be useless.

4. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Clever, a good idea to have that in a launcher, saves you the extra work. Will see if Go Launcher has this feature.

True, however, either manually delete them or use Titanium Backup to remove any unnecessary $hit you don't need.

5. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Nexus 4 sold out in UK already :( took about 30 mins lol

6. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I'm just about to buy the Samsung Galaxy Note II, couldn't resist.

I can get hold of one brand new with a year's warranty for just £342. :D

7. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Do it! :) i m thinking about selling my SG2 and getting nexus 4! im not sure how much i can get for it on ebay, but mazuma will give me 142 pounds!

8. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Haha, Mazuma mobile. I HATE that advert, it's so annoying!

9. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Not as bad as gocompare ;)

10. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Was trying to order the Nexus 4 16 GB but during the purchase process, they ran out and I lost my order ... seriously Google?

deltatux

11. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Dude go to Verizon and complain. They should not be making you pay full price for selling you broken phones. Years ago I bought the LG Voyager which was a piece of crap and kept breaking. I eventually told them to refund my money and I'm going to another carrier and they caved and let me buy a new phone at the contract price instead of full retail.

I can't believe you are having so many problems with the Trophy though. I've had mine for a year and a half and its been great.

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    My first Trophy worked great until the rear speaker blew out. The second one stopped sending/receiving texts and exhibited issues with it's wifi antenna. The 3rd I only used for a couple days, but it arrived with a faulty rear speaker and showed signs of having issues with sending/receiving texts... My Galaxy Stellar is having issues with it's cellular antenna already so I'm gonna have to go talk to Verizon about that. I'm actually happier with my Galaxy Stellar overall....just need to get the issue with the cellular antenna sorted and it would be perfect.

13. d_mouse

d_mouse Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900XTX
    Yeah about the same here in Aus. I'm still deciding if I should get the Nexus 4 or grab something like a Lumia 920 / 820 for my work phone.

14. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Same in states as well i think. Somehow i think its a mess up from Google Play. I might go to the shop and play with it and then trade in my SG2 and get nexus 4! Im not too bothered about 8 GB of space tbh. i *s t r e a m* music anyway

15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    So, how do I make apps I download go onto the microSD instead of the internal storage on ICS?