Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, May 26, 2012.

1. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    There is no point of making video if is not at realtime frame rate. But i do believe it works well on some configurations. I don't have game ATM, and it works like cr*p on my PC.

2. nav-jack

nav-jack Master Guru

GPU:
    980 ti 1520/2000
  3. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    You have to travel at higher speed. But, as i said, it is pretty much useless to record with cam, as you can see from video (i can assume).

If that is playable for you, that is fine. For me, it is at level of unplayable, you can clearly see stutters even when you go straight, excluding camera effect and blurring.

EDIT: And you can see where is the problem, because feeling of smoothness is subjective thing, and it vary from person to person.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  4. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080

5. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    You couldn't even keep a stable 30fps lol

The game has issues and has already been acknowledged by criterion, Im waiting for a patch before I continue to play.

6. Radiopassive

Radiopassive Banned

GPU:
    Gainward HD 4870 1G
    I think 30 fps in a fast arcade with supercars is suitable only for people with really slow reaction times, e.g. small kids 3 to maybe 10 years old, elderly people and maybe physically disabled.

Less than 30 fps is acceptable only among masochists and visually impaired people.:stewpid:

7. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Oh well I forgot my tv has a clear motion rate option that outputs images at 400hz, so today I tried with most wanted to see how it does.
    I had to cap the framerate to a cinema like fps (25) and enabled it and guess what, it works. It's clearly above 60fps without the annoying stuttering and judder.
    There's so much input lag (around 50ms) but it's playable.
    Lol

8. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Lol at this statement, wish Criterion read this message.

9. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    My game dips into -20fps a lot of the time but remains pretty smooth regardless. I'd still prefer a patch to get the game running at twice that though.

10. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Can you cut out the making fun of disabled people, please.

11. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    What BZ said. My wife is disabled and I bet she could kick all of your arses on any fighting game you could mention.

12. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    Well, if you understand joke, than you know it was on "able" (Criterion) people account, not on disabled.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  13. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I like what I hear. Does she play a lot of Quake III arena? :D

14. LeZaSh

LeZaSh Guest

GPU:
    gtx460 1gb soc @900/4000
    21 page's of people saying the same thing...ZZZzzzzz

15. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    TBQH, this game is sh!t. I am actually disappointed with Criterion.

16. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    For the last couple of years I've noticed the NFS franchise being a repeat, same $hit over & over again...

17. Phreakuency

Phreakuency Guest

GPU:
    Asus Titan
    This is one of the worst PC games I've run for a long time.

Look at my specs to the left - how the hell does this game run (on close to max, not even 100% maxed) between 10-30 fps?

At times, it's like the old PS1 version, freeze framing.

Disgraceful really.

18. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    Not may people seem to be sticking up for this game anymore and nor should they.

19. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    I am still enjoying the game, I've nearly finished the sp 100% and mp is a lot of fun, but still I'm not a blind fanboy the game DOES have issues that have been reported and need to be fixed.

No point in trying to pretend otherwise if you enjoy the game or not. :banana:

20. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I'm ok with it, I somehow dont get that bothered by most of the stutters, they are mostly in the 55 to 60fps region, very occasionally dipping to 40fps for a split moment.
    I tried to help find why they happen but the response from members was a bit laid back.
    My problem is that I cant recommend it to anyone, the main reason why I want to find a solution.

Even with approx 2/3 CPU used on any core (average CPU use is much lower) and 2/3 GPU used, it still stutters.
    Its more noticeable while turning for obvious reasons.

I hoped to see what faster PCI-E speed, fast MHZ memory and faster CPU can achieve.
    The things that help most (without turning settings down) are using the latest NVidia 310.54 driver and adaptive vsync.

I've established that my AV and Firewall make no difference (Avast and Comodo), by testing a cloned Windows with them uninstalled.
    Disabling internet access doesnt help.
    Running it from an SSD doesnt help.
    Higher GPU clocks often use more CPU which then bottlenecks the CPU (1 or more cores hits 90%+ occupied) and looks jerkier than having a mild GPU bottleneck.
    But at other times, CPU use is much lower and still looks jerky (even though GPU isnt maxed either), not quite as bad though.
    All testing has been done without the NVidia 3D drivers installed, so they are not part of the problem.
    System ram and video ram are not running out.

I havent tested with a driver earlier the 306.97, but I would have expected someone to report if that works by now.
    I havent seen any reports that it works better on Windows 8.