AMD Catalyst 12.11 (9.010.8 November 15) AMD Official BETA 11

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Oct 22, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Guest

GPU:
    7970M
    Hmm maybe I'm just repeating crud, but reading on Overclock, AMD rep says the clock issue with FireFox is a FireFox issue and AMD has notified them to fix it.

But I say good riddance, FireFox has been getting worse and worse. Just few years ago, it took a long time to get to version 4.0, when Chrome was released, FireFox release numbers wen berserk. And starting with 4.0, FF has just been deteriorating. Chrome overall just so much faster and secure.

And I don't like Chrome, Chrome is like Safari, you get whatever Google gives you, not nearly as extensible as FireFox, oh well. Just gotta go with what works, and what's fast.

2. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Hi fellas :)
    Help me out here please...what version should I use? 12.10 whql or 12.11 beta6? I was sitting on 12.10 and after installation of beta6 version I kinda feel like "beta6" isn't faster in World of Tanks or Mechwarrior Online...am I imagine things? :)

ps. 7850 owner

EDIT:
    I was imagine those :) ...after some real tests from my side I believe that "beta6" are just fkng awesome

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  3. hitman1303

hitman1303 Member Guru

GPU:
    7950 3 gig dead!
    AMD please fix the artifacts, strange images, lines in BF3. improve performance asap in all aspects. Smoother performance.

4. Oni

Oni Guest

GPU:
    About to buy one
    I'm having the same problem. Idle memory clock remains constant(or whatever value i put with any tweaking tool). Core clock is acting okay.Using HD 7850. And a DVI monitor. started using the DVI monitor almost at the same time i installed 12.11 beta. So not 100% sure if the monitor is causing the problem.

Later I found out, the idle memory clock is running according to the 3d settings, not 2d. I used the ASUS GPU tweak to customize the 2d settings. The idle core clock changed with the change of 2d settings core clock. But the 2d settings memory clock doesn't have any effect on the idle memory clock. The idle memory clock somehow is only listening to the 3d settings. I wrote more on it here.

Still don't have any solution. Does the 12.11 beta 6 fix this exact problem??
    Any effective solution will be really helpful.

5. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Sorry if I didn't read earlier posts but I'm at work so I cannot. My question is: anyone tried on 6800 series? Anyone with crossfire?
    I'm having BSOD issues and/or windwos explorer crashes with drivers avobe 12.8, including WHQL 12.10. I'm OCing below powerplay's stated maximum (850/1200) for the 6850. ULPS completely disabled. They won't even complete installation (get black screen or crashes).
    Could this be related to that weird .NET 4 support thing that comes with the newer drivers?
    Wanted to know if these betas were more stable or if its better to just avoid them.
    I'm seriously thinking in leaving Crossfire/SLI behind and getting a single Nvidia card. Probably a 670 or 660Ti.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  6. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    What artifacts, strange images and lines in BF3 were you mind?

Nothing of those problems here (HD 7970 - 12.11 beta 6)

7. Hippie Tech

Hippie Tech Guest

GPU:
    MSI r7870 tf III/oc
    I've got a hunch that dotNET4.0 or one of its recent updates have alot to do with the problems people are having. Its not just the red team, the greens are feeling it too.

I first began to notice some weirdness, with my then HD 6870, at about the time that the 12.6 drivers came out. The 7870 has the same shimmering/artifacts/tearing seen when running Trackmania, so I know it wasn't the 6870 or the drivers. If I'm right, a .NET4.0 update that was released around that time might be the cause.

To test this theory, I will fresh install of windows (in a day or two) and update .NET4.0 in small steps.

pEACe

8. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

No random artifacting either with 12.11 B6 + 7850.

9. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    dunno, maybe...i have a fresh installed w7...but i don't even have a net4 on my sys - instead i've installed a 4.5 with all updates...and i have a no issues with anything regardless any software i have...comparing to problems described on this topic in general.

10. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Sounds like something on your end bro, I have no issues with BF3 on this set.

You could have too high of an OC, bad card, bad memory or similar.

11. Hyvry1

Hyvry1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Very typical of a memory OC taken too far.

12. Hippie Tech

Hippie Tech Guest

GPU:
    MSI r7870 tf III/oc
    .net4.5 ?

The .net4.0 theory is a hunch, but this might be a sure thing. Looky at what I found in my event log after my 2nd 'driver has stopped.. but recovered' error.

[​IMG]

Very few of those event id 9003/9009 instances actually caused the driver to crash. This gives me the impression that the gpu is able to skirt by most and for whatever reason, gets tripped up once in a while.

I've disabled the 'windows desktop manager session manager' service and so far the event log, gpu usage, speed ect are okie. :nerd:

13. stasio

stasio Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTS 450 SC
  14. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  15. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470

16. Heihachi88

Heihachi88 Guest

GPU:
    7970M CrossfireX
    Photoshop CS6 on Windows 8 not fixed (flickering background).

17. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Ahh what the hell, may as well grab this one to, cheers :D

18. Olvik

Olvik Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080
    Thanks

19. juzz

juzz Member

GPU:
    4090 watercooled
    Someone still plays call of duty? That series gone down hill since united offensive :puke2: I feel sad for driver team having to try fix all these bad games coming out past few years.

Anyone spotted any other fixes? Think I'm gona pass this beta...

20. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Black Ops II is the only change since Beta 6 ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.