RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gregorez

Gregorez Guest

GPU:
    CFX MSI R9 290 Gaming 4G
    Both FPS counter and OSD don't work and worse applied visual settings like anisotropic filtering etc do not apply for DX 11 titles. Can it be 12.11b4 ?

2. cnckane

cnckane Guest

GPU:
    Mobility 4650
    Hello!

I have Windows 8 x64 and a mobility radeon 4650.
    I would like to play some older games with custom profiles, but the program doesn't work: i tried to show fps, osd, and then enable vsync none of them worked even in compatibility mode.
    Is there any sollution ?

3. aireca

aireca Active Member

GPU:
    HD5770-1024MB HD4850-512
    Here is working RPpreview, win8x64 enterprise

Try to uninstall & reinstall as administrator, run as administrator & take Ownership of the installation folder.

Windows 8 introduced a new UAC level for win8 appstore,
    even if you disable UAC on Control Panel, UAC is Still ON.

So even if you're running on a Admin account with UAC disabled you still need to "Take Ownership" of your folders and Rightclick and "Run as administrator".

I made a folder inside Program Files named "Utilities" with Ownership already taken to install all my old software & now i don't have any problems

UAC can be Disabled totally with some tricks, but if you disable totally UAC the apps from win8 store does not work anymore, also do not Take Ownership of C:\ or Program Files directly because Win8 apps Stops working too

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  4. xNAPx

xNAPx Guest

GPU:
    MSI R7970 Lightning
    to make radeon pro works on win8 you have to run the installation procedure with windows 7 compatibility settings as administrator

5. cnckane

cnckane Guest

GPU:
    Mobility 4650
    Thanks it's working !

I installed to different drive and now works even if I didn't set any compatibility options.

6. aireca

aireca Active Member

GPU:
    HD5770-1024MB HD4850-512
    Great :)

Yes, as i said before is just the folder permissions on program Files, just make a folder with ownership taken & you can install old soft there

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  7. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Hey guys, this saturday 11/10 I'll publish the newest RP build, there's lots and lots of changes and RP is now compatible with Windows 8 for both 32 and 64-bit apps.

8. CorNeLL

CorNeLL Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Graphics
    OMFG! You're an amazing dev japamd, can't wait for this HUGE update!

PS: RP is running with zero issues under win8 x64 here.

ENORMOUS THANKS!

9. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    I'm having problems getting RP to work in Win8. I am able to start it and installed it as mentioned above... but once it starts. Everything is grayed out and I am not able to select anything. Anyone know how I can fix this?

10. laimis911

laimis911 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    Great news ,Thank you !

11. xNAPx

xNAPx Guest

GPU:
    MSI R7970 Lightning
  12. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    Anyone know why all of my options would be completely grayed out and not able to select anything? I'm using it on Windows 8... maybe I'm missing something that is required for it to run?

I just installed windows 8...

13. |ALE|

|ALE| Guest

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7990-devil13-7970-x2,3329-11.html

first (?) official use of radeonpro in official review, compared to nvidia (not more) exclusive features.

great

big thanks to Japamd, it's very good to see it's work certified by TomsHW ! :banana:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2012
  14. BababooeyHTJ

BababooeyHTJ Member Guru

GPU:
    7950 crossfire
    I just installed Radeonpro thanks to that review. Why have I not been using this all along? The dynamic framerate control really does eliminate vsync. I can finally play stalker clear sky.

I don't have to screw around renaming exes. I don't have to force smaa with an injector. I can't wait to see if SMAA works in Crysis 2.

I'm shocked that I've never seen dynamic vsync mentioned as an alternative to Nvidia's adaptive vsync. One thing that I would love to see that is the ability to use dynamic vsync with adaptive vsync. It would be cool to set it to 45fps or something like that.

This is a great utility.

Oh, and the OSD. I don't have to use Afterburner's. One thing that would be great to see there is an option to report vram usage.

Thanks a ton for the work.

15. |ALE|

|ALE| Guest

radeonpro support the vram usage in the osd :)

16. CorNeLL

CorNeLL Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Graphics
    It doesn't work on Windows 8 though.

17. BababooeyHTJ

BababooeyHTJ Member Guru

GPU:
    7950 crossfire
    This program is too good.

18. laimis911

laimis911 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    @Japamd

I have one thing in my mind which I want to ask you or to hear your opinion on this .
    Maybe you ever thought or can this even be possible feature in upcoming RP to make Vsync act like this :
    Select Frame Rate limit , for example 38fps or whatever and keep Vsync ON ,when FPS goes below selected target Vsync goes OFF ,it's basically like Adaptive or DVC but with Frame rate control and Vsync ON until frames are below selected target and when 1fps is droped below target Vsync goes OFF .
    Sooo .. Is this possible ? :)

19. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    Does ANYONE know why everything is grayed out in RadeonPro for me? I've been using it for years... switch to Win8 and now it's broken!

:bang:

SATURDAY CAN NOT COME QUICK ENOUGH! Thank you so much for your hard work! I'm dying playing the games without all the extras. :wanker:

20. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
    Does that review mean we'll see an influx of new users to this thread? I'm guessing so! Not that it's a good thing or bad thing (unless it means John gets more donations), but it's a thing.
    Only things I can think of is that it's either not detecting your CFX setup (I've had that when CFX was disabled) or you don't have a game (or "Global") selected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.