Windows 8 Photoshop CS6 background flickering

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Heihachi88, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Heihachi88

Heihachi88 Guest

GPU:
    7970M CrossfireX
    Since catalyst 12.11 beta3, beta4, beta6 in windows 8 photoshop cs6 has background flickering issues. I guess that's because 12.11 beta drivers are not using WDDM 1.2? Because with 12.10 WHQL (which supports WDDM 1.2) photoshop cs6 has no flickering background. Someone experienced same problem as me?

2. centeh

centeh Guest

GPU:
    GF 960 2GB 1190/4000Mhz
    Yeah man, same here. About to try 12.11b6 but I guess they will be just the same.

3. Heihachi88

Heihachi88 Guest

GPU:
    7970M CrossfireX
    I hope amd will make 12.11 WHQL with WDDM 1.2

4. flopper

flopper Member

GPU:
    xfx 6950 2gb
    12.11 support wddm 1.2
    why shouldnt it?

you can try the 12.11 beta 6 driver up there now.
    idle clock bug fixed.

5. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Tat's a problem with AMD 12.11 driver and Windows 8, only way to solve the issue(Temporary Solution) Go To Adobe Photoshop CS6>Preference>Performance>Use Graphics Processor>Change Drawing Mode to Basic, Problem solved..... Report the problem to AMD, i have already reported.....:)

6. Heihachi88

Heihachi88 Guest

GPU:
    7970M CrossfireX
    Now i have turned off checkbox "use graphics processor" and background is not flickering. Already reported to AMD that.

7. centeh

centeh Guest

GPU:
    GF 960 2GB 1190/4000Mhz
    12.10 do indeed seem to work fine without turning any photoshop features off.

8. Bounce

Bounce Member

GPU:
    GB GTX 660 oc
    12.11 Beta 11 -- still flickering in Ps

you don't have to completely turn off gpu support, just select "Basic" in the ogl-support settings

9. Heihachi88

Heihachi88 Guest

GPU:
    7970M CrossfireX
    You guys from this thread please report to AMD - maybe then they will not ignore this issue..

10. blues

blues Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7770
    In my case I reported a while back in AMD site form...

No response and no fix until now. In Adobe forums a lot of info and posts about this bug, still no fix.

After all this time I think AMD really don´t care about professionals or semi-pro market, only Fire Pro consumers?

Curiously, in my work, the same system with a Radeon 5k or 6k this problem doesn´t happen with same drivers and same system. GCN incompatibility, maybe?