Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, May 26, 2012.

1. UNREAL_2004

UNREAL_2004 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 & G12+H55
    Afterburner

2. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Criterion could contact Nvidia/AMD and get it sorted before launch.

With an existing engine it shouldn't even be an issue, it should just work.

Anyways, Im sure it will get fixed but it's almost always the same story these days.

So many games still don't release with AA settings and that is equally poor form.

Game is fun, runs fine for me so I'm fairly happy. I could even live without the AA settings and SLI (for a little while ;) ) if they had included a 'hood cam' :D

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  3. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    NO. If is nVidia or AMD fault, it would be not the case on both chip makers.

Long story short, if i make a tire for a wheel, it is not a wheel maker fault if mine tire wouldn't fit.

4. Marlec

Marlec Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX780GHZ Editio
    Totally agree the absence of a bonnet/hood cam ruins this game for me :(

We need a mod, hopefully one should appear soon as i prob think many others feel the same

5. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    It is up to the chip makers to communicate with the devs, not the other way around.

The dev who made Doom 3 went on how awful AMD was because their communication with devs is horrible thus the reason we often get Xfire profiles for games months later.

6. MerkageTurk

MerkageTurk Banned

GPU:
    GTX 580sli + GTX 260
    people go to Documents>>Criterion Games>>MostWanted>>open the file with notepad and LockTo30=true >> ctrl + S

to get rid of the jerkiness and stutter.

7. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    I don't know from where you put out that analogy. It is very simple, nVidia nor AMD DO NOT PRODUCE chips for devs, but for specific type of features in DirectX (and so on...) and PC (and so on..) environment. Only thing that they should be concerned about is to make their product work well with those features. So, you are right about CF/SLI support, that is a partly their job also. But, devs make games for PC (mostly), meaning DX or OGL etc. features, and that means, it is their job to optimize engine for those features and hardware components that use those features.

8. brutlern

brutlern Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 X Gaming
    Played some more, it's a really fun game, but needs a patch badly. Right now setting geometry to low seems to improve the framerate the most.

9. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    This game rocks, it is what it is an arcade racer...has decent visuals the cars sound and handle great, sounds like some were expecting a racing sim?

10. nethaniah

nethaniah Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX Titan
    Some were expecting a fully working game which didn't remove even more features that past games in the same series had.

11. arathad

arathad Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 (3,5 GB - lol)
    I have a feeling this game runs so bad because there's no AA option. I think there was a game before which had forced max AA available for the engine ( in this case 4x MSAA , just like BF3 and MOH: warfighter which KILLS performance)

Decent visuals? This has to be the best looking racing game and one of the best looking games I've played. When you nitro through the city with motion blur with all these lightning effects, neons, particles, dust and smoke, destruction, real time reflections and police cars with police beacon lights it looks amazing, it really has VERY good textures. For an arcade racing game these textures are really nice.

Cars are nicely detailed, buildings still have a lot of detail even when you are far away. In ''open worldish'' games like this, buildings turn into squares without detail when you drive 20 meters from them.

I think you can disable V-sync by setting FitToVertical=false in config.NFS13save, in my documents

12. Radiopassive

Radiopassive Banned

GPU:
    Gainward HD 4870 1G
    Judging by the reactions here I'd say we have a classic NFS sequel which as usually contains not really optimized but shiny graphics, over-the-top driving action including crazy crashing and waste of burning nitrous oxygen and utterly arcadey controls of supercars providing a slight glimpse of inertia.

Physical existence of a person expecting racing simulation from an open-world Nfs game is extremely unprobable.

Dreamworld is another thing.:)

13. AlxFitz

AlxFitz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970GTX
    I'm not even bothered about the arcadey controls I expected that, or even the game performance (will get fixed); just about wasting £30 on a game that gets boring after a few days.

Hot Pursuit drew me back for ages as I was in a constant battle for supremacy on the Speedwall. I'd get a best time then find out in the morning that it was beaten while I was asleep, so then I'd get annoyed and play it until I beat that time and on it went.

14. Vigilante7

Vigilante7 Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX480 (SLI) (800/4000)
    That's not worked... :(

15. hilo558

hilo558 New Member

On the new beta drivers (310.33) go to NV inspector and under SLI for the game profile, change NVIDIA predefined number of GPUs to use on SLI rendering to DX_10_TWO, and change NVIDIA predefined SLI mode on DirectX10 to FORCE_AFR.

Fixed the fps drops for me on SLI 580s.

16. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    Seriously now? I'm getting like 20-30fps on medium.. Mostly on 27 tho..
    ATM, it's unplayable for me..

Also, I expected it to be more like the old Most Wanted (and Underworld, etc..), where you can mod the hell out of your car..
    The NFS franchise is officially dead for me..

17. Lie495s14

Lie495s14 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX260 / Dell.2209wa
    it's very playable (50 to 60 fps) on GTX260 with everything off or low except light scartering is on. at 1680x1050 GPU usage 80 to 99 percent.

18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Builds a $600+ PC - Plays on Low...like a Bouss

19. arathad

arathad Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 (3,5 GB - lol)
    Force it off in GPU drivers panel

20. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I was not wowed by the trailers to the game but having seen some gameplay vids, I am a bit more enthusiastic. Visuals look impressive as well. I think I'm going to get this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEqKoOMs25A