NVIDIA GeForce 310.33 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Michalko, Oct 23, 2012.

1. 1stcowgirl

1stcowgirl Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti DCIIOC
    When you say "enable adaptive vsync at the driver level", you mean:
    disabeling it on game manu, and enableing it on the NV Control Panel? (right?)

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Or just replace one physx file with newer (idk atm im not at home), also it should run a little smoother.

EDIT:

Open 2.8.3 folder with physxcooking (rename it to nxcooking) and copy over to nxcooking in Jericho..

[​IMG]

and copy PhysxLoader.dll (found in Nvidia/pyhsx/common) to this Jericho directory.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970

Yep thats the one, but sometimes atleast for me it dont work and Inspector is needed to force it.

4. 1stcowgirl

1stcowgirl Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti DCIIOC
    so inspector is usualy prefered over the NV panel?

5. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Inspector all the way.

6. ßÍöHÅZÅRD§pëRM

ßÍöHÅZÅRD§pëRM Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA-680 FTW+
    Since i removed 310.33 not one issue still days/hours later of use and games.Cant say what exactly but 3 tries (clean installs)with this driver all ended with me uninstalling it each time.Glad its working for some but its definitely not for me.

7. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    These drivers work great in Windows 7 x64, but in Windows 8 x64 I get a black screen with the monitor shutting on and off rapidly for some reason.

8. Dean_Demon

Dean_Demon Member

GPU:
    Titan RTX 24 GB
    Had my first BSOD with these drivers today,will see if it is a one off so if i get it again will go back to 306.81 which worked with no issue's at all,performance wise these drivers had about a 3% gain across the board over 306.81 on XP,not had this problem since 301.42 which was very problematic.

9. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    If you can't replicate it, chalk it up to one of those rare occurrences that happens once in a blue moon. Windows XP can be more prone to BSOD anyway due to kernel strea-ming and lack of timeout detection and recovery.

10. Dean_Demon

Dean_Demon Member

GPU:
    Titan RTX 24 GB
    Just found it weird cause the previous 306.81 this doesn't happen no matter if i try to replicate the issue but on these beta's i have found it does,i develop retro games so a stable driver is a necessity and don't find that 7 compatibility very reliable so is an issue for me and XP gives me great control,god damn you microsoft you should be able to solve this to a degree by now after all these years,lol.

11. pipes

pipes Member Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4080 frostbite
    Now that I have the two cards overclocked bios, I have to keep the settings on s3 suspend mode only and repost video on S3 resume yes, otherwise I crash the file nvlddmkm.sys is in 2D and in 3D.
    I use this driver, if I have same problem with old driver I don't remeber

12. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Seconded.
    I thought it must be bs that they give a clearer display (mentioned in the quadros thread) so installed them last night.
    But its true, colours look nicer, they appear slightly more vivid and I am noticing more fine detail.
    This makes reading slightly easier too.
    I was very skeptical before installing.

So what are nvidia doing to our normal drivers to make the quadro cards look better?
    Naughty.

13. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    That's silly. Nvidia isn't gimping GeForce drivers. AMD would have a field day.

On my system at least, there was zero difference in IQ between 301.34 in everything I tested. I would upload some screenshots if it wasn't a total waste of time to compare identical images.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I had a similar issue too when I installed them in Windows 8 Pro. I was asked to restart and when I did I saw the Windows 8 flag and the spinning circle for a few seconds before the screen went dark grey... for over 35 minutes! The same thing happened on repeated reboots so I ended up doing a refresh (held down F5 during loading) and lost all my settings and applications carried over from Windows 7 in the process. Fortunately, I was able to restore my Windows 7 backup (along with all my settings and applications) and now I'm running Windows 8 Pro fine, albeit with the v306.97 WHQL drivers which were automatically installed by Windows Update.

I know other people have reported issues with these drivers and Windows 8 so I'd personally recommend avoiding them and sticking with the v306.97 ones until NVIDIA release a proper certified R310 driver for Windows 8.

15. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I'd really like to try it but I just get a grey screen on W8 with it :( I think it's what Darren had when he tried .33. I might try again :)

16. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    lol, I really hope someone else has the same experience or I will look like a nutbag.
    I spent half a day pondering whether I should even post about my experience.

The difference isnt big.
    I cant speak for why some people dont have the same experience.
    Maybe something about using a quadro driver resets something that was messed up on my install?
    Perhaps theres some shindigs going on with 16-242 and 0-255 RGB colour or other colour spaces?

Perhaps those who have previously installed a quadro wont see the change happen again?
    Maybe it only happens on Windows 7?

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Again - running .34 Quadros on windows server 2012 (Win8) and still no problems, same results on VIsta x64 and Windows 8 evaluation version.

I know this is the .33 thread but Its really starting to get annoying that despite what has been posted so many times now that being that the .33's are buggered, yet Nvidia users are still installing rather than moving on or staying where they are.

I dont understand, though i guess if your just doing your part as an Nvidia user and reporting theses issues then fare enough, coz it's not like we can report via the Offical Forums.

And yes .34's Quadro's do provide a sharper and more vivid image, Multiple posts in this thread and the .34 thread state that, so placebo I think not. Though if your not running a 1080p monitor then it wouldn't surprise me if you dont notice the difference.

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Not trying to be a pain, but i honestly don't see it, eiter on a 1080p LG TV or on the bedroom Asus IPS screen.

I despise overly sharp, saturated images, especially on my HTPC partition which is where i usually use these drivers, so if Quadro drivers were messing up image quality i'm sure i would notice it

19. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Thanks i'll keep that in mind!

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    yes i noticed it to a couple of times, text and icons looked more defined and slightly sharper, also forced AF a little better.., but i won't go into another debate lol, im just confirming you're not making it up and i saw quite a few saying the same.

Imo its something with ICC profile - since quadros are made for professional screens, etc. Placebo or not idc, peace. :)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012