Eating pork before bed

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Tranceholic, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Tranceholic

Tranceholic Banned

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 570 Fermi
    is not good because last night i had two pork buns, read a book for like 10 minutes then off to bed. through out the night i had multiple connected nightmares. i was the character in the game Postal 2 murdering people. after 2~3 nightmares i got up shivering then took a piss only to be back to sleep with me escaping from prision into reality world skateboarding. :bang:

2. Foamy4

Foamy4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX770 4GB
    Cool ;) I like killing people in my dreams. xD I don't suppose the book had some violence in it? Or perhaps you watched/played some games through out the day which affected your dreams?

If I watch/play a game with zombies it's almost 100% certain that I'll be dreaming of a zombie apocalypse. xD

It's possible for food to affect your dreams. I know that cheese will rid you of nightmares. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheese#Effect_on_sleep

3. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Right im having some work before bed tonight! that sounds like a full on adventure :D

4. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    I just have to say, this is probably the best thread on Guru. So much f.ucking win!!!! :thumbup:

Hey here's a thought: Try eating lots of processed cheese before bed and let us know the outcome.

Also, try using a dream catcher.

Also, I would like one of the mods to change the title of this thread to "The Dream Thread".

5. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    Eating anything that close to sleep is a bad idea because it means your stomach is working flat out while you are trying to sleep.

6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    So last night I had a glass of water before going to bed then had nightmares all night.

water gives you nightmares guys dont drink water!

7. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Post hoc ergo propter hoc

8. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
  9. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

You Sir, Have more Fun While Sleeping...Than while Awake:)......:bed:.....:)

10. Leviathan-

Leviathan- Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780GTX SC ACX
    Oh lord :p

One of the reasons could be that pork contains alot of proteins which take alot to be digested, leading to be unconfortable in bed and thus the weird dreams :p

11. Kenpomasta

Kenpomasta Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 570 SOC
    I tried pork a couple times, must say bacon tastes good but also some types of poisons, taste good doesn't mean it's actually good for you lol, been a while i didn't eat it tho and I love my decision, start my day with a veggie shake and a bagel, white meat for lunch, and a balanced meal for dinner. I rarely eat red meats, and I'm only 23 and run alot. Gotta stay in shape man :banana:

PS: pork has alot of bad toxins in its meat and needs a long cooking time to kill some of the bacterias, maybe those toxins have an effect on your brain chemicals ?

2Edit: Leviathan i doubt that's even remotely to a fact, protein doesn't effect your brain chemicals, (tons of times i eat chicken breast or tuna before bed) it might lead to heartburn or stomach pain, but i remember having bad dreams too if I ate bad food outside.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  12. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Easy solution: don't eat anything 3 hours before bed, no drink 2 hours before bed. Avoid caffeine 6 hours before bed. Pint of milk 2 hours before helps me sleep, as does camomile tea.

13. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    A man without a pork bun in his hand can never be a whole man.

14. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
  15. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Besides all this, your girlfriend/wife/partner most likely prefers to cuddle after a pork. Don't tell them that they give you nightmares, it won't go down well!

This is true even if you 'eat' pork without 'dessert'!

16. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Ah dude you cant good old full English :D Especially it goes down like a treat after a heavy night out! :D

17. Kenpomasta

Kenpomasta Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 570 SOC
    I enjoyed pizza after a night out, man there's a great pizza joint downtown we used to go to, even turned down some chicks just to go there and eat at 3-4am in the morning lol, good times, off topic, anyone know about liver flushes ?

18. The_Fool

The_Fool Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xGIGABYTE Windforce 7950
    The only time I have odd dreams are if I'm sick or if I am extremely tired and get little sleep that night.

Many of my normal dreams are about driving or trying to drive a car I owned before upgrading to a nice truck. Sometimes parts of it break down and I'm stuck away from home. Sometimes a tiny bit of snow or ice prevents me from leaving a parking lot.

Last night (in the dream) I was at the bottom of my old driveway waiting for the bus to go to high school. By noon the bus never showed up and I missed a couple classes. I had no choice but to get into the car and try to get to school in it. The theme last night was that the car had almost no horsepower to get up hills and the stick shift had problems working. This time in the dream I knew I have a truck, but in the dream I remembered that I forgot to include it and had to drive the car instead.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  19. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    You look like you could use a pork bun.

20. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Is it my hair? :cry: