AMD Catalyst 12.11 (9.010.8 November 15) AMD Official BETA 11

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Oct 22, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prasad007

Prasad007 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970M 2GB
    Have you tried the 7900MOD drivers over at benchmark3d(dot)com ?

2. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    You can add it in inf file. Change for ID to yours for example for 5670 card...
    But you will lost digital certification (so disable DSE)

3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I get good performance with these drivers but there are some issues...

BF3 has great fps but very bad GPU utilization sometimes its 30% each GPU and other times its 70-80% dont think I have seen both cards at 99% this could be a CPU limitation but I should not be being bottle necked with an i7 @ 4.2

Skyrim is VERY VERY strange. Some times out doors and in I get MASSIVE stutter and I meaan MASSIVE to the point its unplayable (yes I do have mods). Reinstalling DX runtimes, defragging Skyrim folder and a quick reboot sorted this out but ONLY outdoors. In doors its still quite choppy but not as bad as it was. This could just be the game it self, but when it works its EXTREMELY smooth and never bats a eye lid with tons of mods and everything maxed out including 8xAA and never moves from 60fps.

Some games also give texture corruption. For instance, I can stand still in Skyrim and there will be white or black flashing textures like triangles flash on screen in the distance about 30 feet from my character but when moving its perfect. This also happens in COD4 and I have seen it once in BF3. Temps of the cards are fine, top card sits at 61c full load for hours when gaming. I did not see this in 12.9 drivers just these 12.11 ones.

Also as I think I said before, GTAIV is completely screwed. Menu screens give 99% usage on both cards and over 6000fps and in game cut scenes give the same usage and over 200-300fps then when playing the game it self the gpu usage drops to 20-40% and the fps is up and down from as low as 20fps to 50fps but avg around 40fps.

4. acereborn

acereborn Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7970 OC
    That's the kind of flicker that we are talking about here http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=368290
    It happens with older drivers in Skyrim as well, but it only happens in certain locations. How often it happens might also be driver dependent.
    Skyrims outdoor ultra-shadows also do not work for me with 12.11 and 12.9 betas.

5. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    im not so sure, the issue he discribes can simpley be the LOD "flickering" a bit. Which is perfectly normal. Also the flickering is hardly "constant" and most of the time randomly and for only a short moment.

6. coppolla

coppolla Guest

GPU:
    ATI Mobility 5650HD
    how can you help me

7. bummerman

bummerman Master Guru

GPU:
    7970 tri-crossfire
    Well I have crossfire 7970's and this Oct 23 beta is really good-Alice is playable in x finity-Crysis 2 frames are really good from what I saw-playing xtreme in 3 monitor cfg and ultra @ 2560-1600. Alan Wake frames are better it seems-Battlefield 3 excellent on Ultra-4AA @ 3580-1920-65 fps or so. Anybody got a tri cfg-I'm wondering how the video card usage is working out.
    Utilization seems to screw up on resolution changes, if so a restart usually solves it. I, also got a quad 690 setup and this dual crossfire is beating it in Crysis 2 and battlefield 2-I still have the impression the drivers are not there yet for quad in many games

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  8. ToBbErT

ToBbErT Member Guru

GPU:
    2x sapphire 7870
    This driver gives me great performance but it runs pretty hot when idle. Im back on 12.8 again.

9. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    It is exactly that. It only happens a little and is pretty rare. But this stuttrr is VERY inconsistent. Sometimes its both in doors and outdoors sometimes outdoors are perfectly fine but indoors is a mess. MOSTLY it only happens when stafing and turning mouse. If i stand still in a room and look with mouse its smooth 60fps. Evn when it stuters the fps is still at 60 and never moves.

Gona try disabling vsync in config

10. Simkin84

Simkin84 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4090 FE
    For me, 12.8 WHQL give me higher and more stable fps in BF3 on my 7970 CFX setup. The GPU utilization on 12.8 is also higher and acting alot different than with the 12.11 driver.

Seems like the performance boost with this driver is for single card users, the performance boost in BF3 with one card is truly amazing with this driver.

So far, the best driver for BF3 and 7970 CFX is 12.8 WHQL.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012

11. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Whats your resolution?

BTW I got better results in skyrim with 2-4xSSAA than 8xMSAA :3eyes:.

Do you have EQAA enabled? I believe it has issues in some games. Also disable AF in-game, enable it from CCC.

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Who cares about idle temp?

13. djsebfr

djsebfr Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 950
    me !
    12.9 beta : idle temp : 36°C
    12.10 whql : idle temp : 46°C
    12.11 beta 4: idle temp : 46°C

Hope AMD will release a new one :-(

My PC is alive 24*7 !

14. mamboboy

mamboboy Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950
    Higher temp means it's drawing more power. They need to fix the clock speeds - I'm personally pretty amazed they haven't brought one out yet as it could become a big problem for people with poorly cooled systems...

15. erocker

erocker Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    If you run your vram at stock settings all you need to do (catalyst 12.10/12.11) is set the memory slider in CCC to 150. Idle clocks fixed and the vram will go to stock 3D settings when using a 3D application.

16. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I seem to have normal idle clocks, sitting at 300MHz/150MHz (core/memory) at 31C, with a heater on

17. weah

weah Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD5850 Toxic @1Ghz
    About the issue quoted above, I ask to all users here to scroll this page up and down with firefox:
    http://news.google.com/nwshp?hl=en&tab=wn

Result:
    [​IMG]

It can't be normal, because this is simply a scrolling operation performed in a 3d clock. No matters if I disable hardware acceleration in flash player + firefox.

18. Morten

Morten Guest

GPU:
    2xAsus EAH 5870 2x1 GB
    Hmmm...jumping directly from 12.8 to 12.11, framerates seems faster in FSX Flight Simulator. However suddenly OOM errors appear and Windows Media Center has become stuttering and choppy!

I wonder if anyone has the same experience..?

Maybe I should go all the way back to 12.8.? Don't know about 12.10?

PS. I wonder if AMD monitor this forum for improvements....????

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  19. pusscifer

pusscifer Member

GPU:
    2x1080ti
    Mobility 5650 users... just revert to 11.12 Mobility driver, gaming performance is all-the-same for this card, so you really have no need to force the latest drivers, especially knowing that DXVA support is f*cked in 12 catalyst series, but seems to work great with 11.12.

Users are reporting that 11.11c is the best one for 5650m (DXVA wise)...but i can confirm the 11.12 mobility set as everything you need, and a bit newer =)

20. Hippie Tech

Hippie Tech Guest

GPU:
    MSI r7870 tf III/oc
    I've seen the same and its kind of annoying. Its probably flash not doing what its told ! aha..

There must be a way to stop it.

pEACe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.