Project CARS thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by eclap, Oct 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    It might be easier for your kind if "wip" is being extended to "work in progress". It implies that things aren't done yet and being worked upon.

I did some benchmarks today and had to use AI for that. Sakitto worked fine, just like Belgian Forest. It had to be dry though (as I wanted to record some consistent laps) and at least one of the other tracks I tried (Bologna) had some sort of bug (AI kept going back and forth between 1st and 2nd gear).

2. Leviathan-

Leviathan- Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780GTX SC ACX
    Yeah happens with a combo of track/cars they sometimes start doing that, it is related to the new AI code they are going to implement. Sometimes they do it also in the middle of a corner which is a pain in the ass if you are tailing them.

Serbicu i've gave up on lost causes (eclap), i tried (and so did many others in this thread) to explain the obvious but its just pointless and a waste of time.
    I agree that the game is going the right direction :)

3. genbrien

genbrien Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980
    has someone tried Pcars with a non-AMD7*** with newer 12.11 beta?

4. Leviathan-

Leviathan- Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780GTX SC ACX
    There has been some mixed info, some report increases up to 30% in performance others say they havnt noticed anything.

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    glad you like it. about the ai, don't expect it to be fixed anytime soon. it's been like that for ages and seems to be bottom of their to do list. also, have you guys seen what they're planning for us in career mode?

6. Leviathan-

Leviathan- Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780GTX SC ACX
    Went to a friends house today and he had a 5870 with 12.6, we tried to upgrade to 12.11 and had an increase of about 8- 12fps in Project CARS, the game also feels much smoother than before. We didnt do any tweaks on the drivers just tested straight after a install and reboot.

7. ReDi

ReDi Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire HD4870 CF
    If you'd have had a read of the AI Code Updates thread you'd have seen that AI is being reworked already, which means it's not at the bottom of their to-do list.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I know they're "working" on it, they always have been. it's going backwards regardless of what they put in their code updates. Either way, they seem to prefer working on tracks and new weather over anything else atm.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  9. genbrien

genbrien Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980
    because we all know that the guys doing 3d works on tracks is the same coding the AI.....:stewpid:

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    erm, where did I say that was the case? show me pls?

11. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Above. Your post doesn't really say anything else.

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I meant SMS seem to prefer to work on tracks etc atm, not the ai people, how on earth isn't that obvious? OK, let me le-phrase, seems like SMS are pushing tracks, weather effects and shiny more than anything atm.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  13. ReDi

ReDi Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire HD4870 CF
    The fact that track updates are more visible than code updates doesn't mean anything. And the AI going backwards was the result of a first code update of the AI that SMS explicitly said was breaking the AI for now. So there is no neglect, no inability to make proper AI or anything else that you seem to be implying. Just work in progress.

14. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I think we've discussed this previously and we didn't only do it once.

The thing about these updates is that, without being disrespectful to anyone, it's easier to show the new tree you placed somewhere or the new livery for a track or vehicle artist than it is to show your current state of work if you're the physics or ai guy.
    There's not so much to show off or to use between the start of your work and its end.

I don't know the exact issue that made them take out the previous placeholder but I remember that the initial AI couldn't really do much on Eifelwald for example when that came out.

The project works very well if you keep track of the development, of the changes, and have a good memory about current and past states of things.

PS: The only good use I can make of the AI at the moment, as we have ghosts to race against and multiplayer, is to be able to do repeatable benchmark runs. Not *that* important at the moment.

15. Pugmaster

Pugmaster Guest

GPU:
    Sounds like a troll is someone who doesn't toe the company line.

16. Leviathan-

Leviathan- Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780GTX SC ACX
    Or registers on a forum to come help a friend :)

17. Pugmaster

Pugmaster Guest

GPU:
    I'll let the forum members judge me based on the content of my postings.

The way I see it, the Pcars defenders raise some good points regarding the game being unfinished and further updates coming through, however, that's all you should do.

Attempting to cast someone as a troll or have them banned/warned simply for expressing opinions that aren't as detailed as you like marks you as heavily biased.

Can we assume you're an individual who stands to make money on this project?

18. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    If everything a typical troll did was to voice his opinion he wouldn't be called a troll in the first place.
    Trolls have a pretty typical behavior and one part of it is to repeat arguments that are invalid or have been proven to be wrong or outdated.

No one has to like the project and everyone is free to have his opinion, share it and stand by it. Nobody needs trolling though.

19. Leviathan-

Leviathan- Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780GTX SC ACX
    We must have different ways on what "expressing opinion" is, in my point of view ive only seen recently a liebel action against Project CARS by a group of individuals across the web.
    When i express opinion on something i say it once with every detail i have in my reach and propose changes or ways to fix it instead of just acting like a parrot for 10 pages in a row.

You can consider that i am biased but i am not selling anything, im not forcing people to buy, im not lying about the current state of the game and i've answered any question that was placed so far with honesty.

Anyone that supports the funding of Project CARS becomes someone that may get profit from the sales if the objectives are achieved, but believe me im not here for the money but to keep supporting this style of development.
    I think its time to teach some of those big companies that the gaming community is tired of low quality games and rushed out projects thrown at our faces. Supporting these developers worths more than money.
    Im also a supporter of the new Carmageddon, Overgrowth, etc..,and believe me that whenever a new game shows up that is worth my interest i will be there.

Oh and i would like to throw the same question at you, are you biased aswell? Belong by any change to RD or friend of someone around here? :)

Be honest.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    my opinion is valid. I'm not just saying it's a bad game. I play it and criticize it because I want more. I've also praised it. it'll be a fun racer, not a top sim. nothing wrong with that of course. what they plan for career mode just convinces me about that even more. shame because it's a missed opportunity. it's just that I expected more when this project started. shame.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.