Medal of Honor: Warfighter Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Wow... Eurogamer didn't like something. That's a shocker.

2. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    actually u can't say one thing about the graphics, it's the most photorealistic color palette and rendering, the problem is with the gameplay!!!

3. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    From what I've heard from people that have actually played the game... if you liked the single player of the previous one, you'll like this one as well.

MP is forgettable, but really... nobody cares considering they've got BF3 and a new CoD around the corner for MP.
    This game is for the single player, as that's where Danger Close put all their focus and energy.

4. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    Eurogamer tend to tell it like it is......IGN will probably give it 9 out of 10. I just don't understand why people are not bored with these style of games yet. There's been so many of them over the last few years that it just ridiculous, but hey each to their own I guess.

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Does this game have splitscreen or did i imagine seeing that?

If it does, and i could get it for £20-25 i might pick up as that is the only MP i enjoy.
    SP i still don't know, the last Danger Close game i enjoyed was Airborne, the previous MOH game was just a COD clone, but like BF3 took itself far too serious.

6. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    it keeps freezing and if i touch the menu to change anything freezes, crashes OMG...

*update this on battlelog on LAUNCH menu multip. no

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  7. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Are you using battlelog? if so don't.

Just start the game up from origin and use the in built server browser.

8. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Personally, I could care less what either says.
    I'll take the word of mouth from my friends and people I know that have similar tastes as mine.

But, I disagree with the whole "Eurogamer tell it like it is" thing. They gave Modern Warfare 3 an 8/10. Yeah, they sure on being honest.

9. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    im not buying another military shooter until they go back to WWII. getting tired of these modern warfare shooters. WWII is just so much more epic, even if there are less guns.

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    But yet people bought Doom BFG (Not aimed at those who've never played/owned it).

I find it annoying with these sorta military fps in how they try and give it this realistic storyline then when it comes to game time i can take a 100 bullets to the face and re-gen my health, oh and what ever happened to a headshot being a friggin headshot, instead its one to the noggin then the wanker carries on shooting me...yeah 1st world problems i know.

Even most COD fans want something different and i've suggested things to friends who are into COD/BF3/MOH (single player)

- Like squad control, anyone remember squad control, I got a bugger off you nonse for that one.

Then theres maybe a four player squad campaign where you or your buddies can get killed off permanently if you dont make it to their position on time to save them or whatever scenario, say like a branching storyline, to that one i made some progress with them.

Or even for the love of all that is sane, realistic damage for a game of this sorts (think ARMA) and for minor wounds the ability to heal and not just some silly hand animation but something proper, To that i got told 'Nahh Cod and its clones are fine they way they are'.:bang:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012

11. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    IIRC DICE did work on NFS: the run and hot pursuit I think they did autolog for them.

12. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    If the single player campaign is like the first one, it should be 4/10.

I hope the MP is actually good.

13. Jagman

Jagman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    16GB RX6800
    I'm with you on that, let's have some WWII action again. Wish they had made BF3 so it could be modded, thinking Forgotten Hope 3! So short sighted of them.

14. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    thanks i just tried and yes but man i want to use it incredible we cant do it...

15. PCElite

PCElite Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Watched some play true on twitch. Same old crap. Crash an burn.

16. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Don't give a rats ass about singleplayer games and even more so with the scripted cod/bf3 variety. Multiplayer reviews please.

17. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    This game will be mostly singleplayer for me. None of my friends liked the previous game so I'd doubt they'd get another part of the series.
    I also don't see where it's market share would be placed -> BO2 arrives in not even 3 weeks and there's still two DLCs left for the Premium crowd.

18. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    My Disc copy of MOH just came through, Origin is installing it now. Will i be able to play it online or do i have to wait till tomorrow?

Anyone know a way around it?

EDIT: Forgot to say im in the UK and its not out till tomorrow over here

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  19. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    This, I would freaking love a new WWII BF game with frostbite engine. As for guns, I'm more than happy with less guns, BF3 for example is overwhelming for me with SO many guns and mods.

OT - I won't pay full price for a 6 hour sp campaign, maybe when it's on sale in a year or two...

20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The only WWII series I want to play is the next Brothers in Arms game. Which, still waiting on GBX to officially announce it. But, they are working on it.

Other then that, I don't mind modern war themed shooters... so long as they aren't done the Michael Bay way. All explosions and military lingo. Style over substance (Call of Duty).
    I don't want to play a game and see ten explosions and hear "Oscar mike!" twenty times in the first five minutes.