NVIDIA GeForce 310.33 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Michalko, Oct 23, 2012.

1. nicugoalkeper

nicugoalkeper Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL OC 6GB
    Nice drivers for me Prototype 2, Sleeping Dogs and Fifa 13 all working nice here and 50 points on 3D Mark2011 vs 306.97:)

2. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    Not surprising for a tablet OS.

3. Dr.Puschkin

Dr.Puschkin Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti Suprim
    Borderlands 2 with physx is broken now. Framerate is better when standing still/looking around. But once you get into the fight it starts to chop like crazy. And no I do not mean FPS dips, these are outright half second stops.

4. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I was getting that with HPET enabled, at least with the previous drivers, still not tried the game with these yet, ..waiting till my first mechanical keyboard arrives tomorrow till i load games up again, the one i'm using feels extremely sub-par all of a sudden.
    Sry for divergance.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    UT3 Black Edition (Steam) doesn't load with this version of PhysX. Honestly, you'd think that with the small number of games that use PhysX that NVIDIA would ensure that the existing games are compatible before releasing a newer build! /rolls eyes

6. Chade

Chade Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf 3080 OC
    I have, on this 680. These are far better than 306.xx, i can't give you specific FPS numbers, but they appear to be smoother, much less jittery, and they feel far more responsive too. The difference surprised me tbh.

7. Blaire

Blaire Guest

GPU:
    Geforce TITAN 4-Way...
    Metro2033 same...you can however manually uninstall PhysX and use an older Version.

8. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    ...and Trine.

This is the problem I was having previous with an install of Physx. That one I re-downloaded and installed again and all was well. Guess we can't re-download this one.

9. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    Hope my experience is the same, such a great game bogged down with a few technical issues.

10. Nepumuk

Nepumuk Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 690
    Those give Guild Wars 2 the same stuttering as 306.97 on my EVGA GTX 690. Back to 306.63 then.

11. BenchAndGames

BenchAndGames Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 Ti
    Yeahh same here with 680 GTX, with Physx enabled, Borderland 2 when fight is very inestable, only stop images.

12. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    :wanker: can't believe people are using windows 8 hahaha

13. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    You could just extract physX from the driver and install it separately, using 7zip or something.
    Or just uninstall physX and install the driver only check marking physX.

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    What on earth are NVIDIA doing releasing versions of PhysX that don't work with older games? There's surely not more than 30 games in total that use hardware PhysX? Surely, not that many that they couldn't test them all to ensure they worked?

I've found that even if I disable the Hardware Physics option in UT3 that the game still refuses to load unless v9.12.0613 or earlier is installed. Get your act together for goodness' sakes, NVIDIA! :puke2:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  15. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090

Last drivers i could use 8x with were the 304.xx sets, anything after would result in the issue below. Either way something has changed with the game or the drivers and when there is a lot going on fps drop to the teens and so does gpu usage. AO is also still not usable as well as it too causes heavy fps and gpu usage drops. Oc'ing the cards to 850/2200 doesn't help at all and cpu usage drops with everything else so it kinda rules out that bottleneck

[​IMG]

16. Scerate

Scerate Guest

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    If anyone interested i uploaded the PhysX Package from previous WHQL (306.97)

17. AcceleratorX

AcceleratorX Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti OC
    I guess it will work with Darksiders 1 as well which is good if you're planning to replay it (didn't check though).

On a side note, anyone with a 500 or 400 series card noticing any improvement? I also see that the NVIDIA website doesn't state support for GTX 260, GTX 460, 9600 GT and 8800/9800 GT. Why is this?

18. Headless Knight

Headless Knight Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    nvm.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  19. Huigie

Huigie Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    Sleeping dogs seems worse with these drivers for me. Lots of stutter.

20. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    @Darren; does it work if you install that older one first and install the newer one on top of it?