Modern Warfare Map Removed After Complaints From Muslim Gamers

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Ohnooze

Ohnooze Guest

Yes because we all know this is how Christians act. :3eyes:

It's been a real problem....

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2012
  2. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    that's classic chillin! sums it up brilliantly..

my cousins are married to an Iraqi and and a Tunisian but for them Islam isnt important. it's more about raising their children in the right way (best that they can).

that said i think they are glad to be free from it's constraints.

but that's not to say that there arent very good things that can be found in the Koran and in the Bible..

It's the xxxxx heads who say something is right or else.

Christians and Muslims co-habited for yrs in the holy land in peace (ok it ended pretty nastily but that was more or less due to insane leaders).

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  3. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    People need to stop turning this into a religious debate, anymore of it and there will be some points given out.

4. korn666

korn666 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 295
    lots of dumb kids here man :puke2:

5. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3090 GTX
    People still play MW2?

Wow, I guess I better fire it back up again. I stop playing when MW3 came out which I didn't bother to purchase.

Waitin for Black Ops 2.

6. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    I hope all the buildings in all those games are wheelchair accessible or else there might be real problems...

7. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    I have Jewish roots and I never really found swastikas in video games offensive,until cod: black ops allowed sad little kids to create emblems to promote their ignorance.

8. volors

volors Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    ^This.
    God and religion are two totally different things, religion is a man made thing to brainwash people, a child at birth will never know which religion he/she belongs to, its the parents who brainwash their child who were brain washed by their parents and so on.

No one knows the truth,Holy Books(also called religions) is something that claims to know the truth and all that truth is all controversial.
    And all these books are altered by man for their needs.

I beleive in god but i dont beleive in religions.

9. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    actually the subject matter is religious so therefore a religious debate is almost natural.

but perhaps a more evolved religious debate is unecessary.

still what is the harm in talking about these things? i agree give points to any twit who gives offense.

you know I find it ridiculous that people cant discuss religion without someone getting offended.

i say f em, anyone who cant handle talking about their religion or even taking stick about it shouldnt be practising religion in the first place.

it shows a mental deficiency in my book.

if someone took a crap on a picture of Jesus and i was a christian would I care? No, because it's only a picture and tells me the person responsible needs help!

If christ was as we believe crucified and rose to heaven am sure some caca is the least of his worries :)

10. MerkageTurk

MerkageTurk Banned

GPU:
    GTX 580sli + GTX 260
    well i am really offended as i am a muslim myslef by the comments. Go put another picture or something instead; not muslim.

11. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    would love to know why a picture of Allah or mohammed (or just writing) in a bathroom saying something nice is offensive.

please explain would be nice to know why.....

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  12. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    How about don't be a baby about something that doesn't affect you in any way?

13. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Yea agree with you there, would be nice to know why? fair enough if there is a reason. But i am sure you can find a muslim who will have pic of allah/mohamed in the toilet at home.

14. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Since when has reasoning been apart of religion?

15. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    I've had just about enough of these hyper-sensitive temper-tantrums put on by the Muslim world for every single thing they can find to complain about no matter how small. Nobody is going to stop me from exercising my right of free speech, and if you don't like what I have to say.... it's your right to be upset.

Enacting laws against speech is exactly what is not needed in situations like this. The only solution to speech one finds offensive is to counter it with more and better speech.

16. MechWarrior

MechWarrior Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 Classified Sli OC
    Reading this thread makes me sad. To me it seems just as ignorant to say "The existence of God cant be proven by science therefore he must not exit." as it is to say "Such and such church says God exist therefore it is fact."

In me experience I have actually found science and faith to complement eachother. Take evolution for example. A topic both sides have used to argue there point. At this point in history it is pretty much a fact that evolution exists and has occured over the history of life on earth. But to me this doesn't disprove the notion that God exists and that creation was the will of a higher power.

The definition of evolution is "A gradual process in which something changes into a different and usually more complex or better form."

Well how does a random collection of elements and molecules know what "a better form is". After thinking about this it became apparent to me that there is an unknown unseen intelligence behind this process. I know I could be wording things better but I hope you can understand my point.

Science can't explain at what point a random collectin of element/atoms/molecules becomes a human conciousness. When you think about it a human being is something much greater than the sum of its parts.

When I look at the world and life and existence I see something that almost seems like it was engineered to be the way it is by and intelligence beyond human comprehension. I don't really care what religion says, what I do care about is what I feel in my heart and what my experience in this life has led me to believe. And the fact stands that there are just some things that science can't explain.

Edit.

Also one more thing I would like to add. Calling someone elses beliefs stupid is never right. It doesn't make the person doing the insulting look more intelligent. All it does is show what an intolerant, classless, and ignorant person you are. Insulting someone doesn't advance anyones argument any further, all it does is make people hurt and angry.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  17. The Fitter

The Fitter Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 ti oc
    I would not say reading this thread makes me sad but I do wonder what the hell the world is coming too!
    God for me, in any form, is a fairy tale. No more real than rumpelstiltskin or snow white. But that is just my belief. I have a female friend who has a deep faith in god. She is suffering from a long term illness and this belief helps her through the dark times. I see only good in this for her, and at times I am jealous of how life for her has meaning and the end of her life will not be a damp dark box as I believe it will for me.
    If this text, in a picture, in a video game, offends a group of people just change the frame of said picture. No game breaker. No big deal.
    To me the whole thing is a waste of time and hassle, but like I said, that is because to me it is completely unimportant.
    Put an offensive picture of my football team (Southend United if you are wondering) in the game and I might moan. But that is because they are something I put my heart and soul into following.

18. Radiopassive

Radiopassive Banned

GPU:
    Gainward HD 4870 1G
    Sometimes it seems to me that people believing in inexistence of God are a bit insolent - too proud of their trained (by "exercising" science etc.) minds they just can't admit there is some kind of existence/substance/intelligence which surpasses and transcendents puny humans (monkeys not so long ago geologically speaking) in most ways. Not saying monkeys aren't clever.:)

I should rather not comment on level of ignorance if people put more faith in some coordinated ball-kicking monkey squad than in their own deepest substance. Blessed be eternal ignorance. If it were not for ignorance, we as meatbags would not even be here.

There are a few enlightened people that can actually see god in every living creature. Unfortunately, most people can only dream of reaching that high (highest) level of being in our material forms - "western" way of life makes it practically impossible.

I with Mr. Spock find it fascinating that so many people will consider more likely for creation of universe (far too complex for human mind to comprehend, just try to describe infinity:)) and life etc. to had been driven by some random coincidence rather than unimaginably higher intelligence/conscience/whatever-u-wanna-call-it.

But it definitely is the birthright of every living form to die in ignorance.
    I myself am a very probable candidate.
    In conclusion, neither belonging to all the religions of the world nor mastering several science disciplines and speaking 10 languages (even the combination of the aforementioned) will not guarantee you wisdom and enlightenment.

Edit > I think U aS of A and their pathetic ally E_WW should think about changing their export policy. Maybe it's time to give up trying to export democracy on the wings or bombarders. Instead of the bombs and bullets which produce only another violent reaction to incurred suffering (so called terrorists - often groups previously financed by "western" governments or secret services), sending hundreds or thousands of psychologists which would effectively help those overly sensitive neurotic muslim bundles of nerves to cope with the dangers of living in modern world (right to life, education, trial; freedom of speech etc.).

Edit no.2 > Question for people believing in inexistence of God. If in your opinion God wasn't scientifically proven to exist therefore you cannot in good will believe in him/her/it, have you carried through DNA testing, or do you believe your parents word you were not adopted (not meant to offend those actually adopted, if you feel offended, I apologize)? What if your parents are not your biological parents? Do you have any scientific proof? Or do you BELIEVE their word?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  19. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Admit to what? Again a question of proof.

As far as we know we are the smartest creature in the universe, we can attest to this. If however we one day are met by a more intelligent creature in the universe we would come to this conclusion by merit of fact.

From the dictionary.

Ignorance: noun
    the state or fact of being ignorant; lack of knowledge, learning, information, etc.

Everything you said actually would be defined under this term.

Again falling under ignorance. However explain enlightened to me. I would think humanities greater goal would be to further humanity; calling into question western culture what or who furthered this more?

Mr.Spock was the creation of Gene Roddenberry a secular humanist.

From Wikipedia:

Secular humanism (alternatively known by some adherents as Humanism, specifically with a capital H to distinguish it from other forms of humanism) embraces human reason, ethics, social justice, philosophical naturalism, while specifically rejecting religious dogma, supernaturalism, pseudoscience or superstition as the basis of morality and decision-making.

Ignorance will not guarantee wisdom. Rational thought and willing to learn will.

The views you just stated are carried out by humans, no one group or view can escape being part of this condition.

This is as bad as circular logic, it is deflective reasoning.

And yes science could prove the above.

Your parents word is not absolute, if you have reason to question it then you should, if you find it to be true then it is, if you find it to be false it does not make then any less your parents just liars.

20. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Well yes they do but the issue with religion is that most of them try to go beyond faith and in to the realm of counter arguing science.

That my friend is one of the most common fallacies that religion uses to argue the creationist agenda, it is often known as the watchmaker argument. I.e a watch, the components, the function is so exact everything needs to fit and operate so perfectly for it to do it's function that the only way it could have happened is if someone designed it that way. The flaw with that argument is that it assumes that evolution knew that a 'watch' was the final objective, replace that with your combination of molecule or the most commonly used argument in nature 'the eye'.

The argument assumes a; point a -> point b -> point c -> final product structure to evolution and that at every stage the item evolving knew what it needed to evolve in to before it could then move on. Or to put it your way it assumes that the random collection of molecules knew it wanted to become a more complex organism and took ONLY the direct steps to get there when in fact their would have been several thousand variants between point a and point b some worked some didn't several thousand between point b and point c again some worked some didn't several thousand between point c and the final working; watch, eye or collection of molecules that have become a more complex life form.

Indeed, the general argument is valid, their is indeed many things that science can;t explain however with regard to the collection of molecules becoming a more complex life form example you gave above, this point science has actually done a very good job of both debunking the creationist theory / watchmaker theory and proving the evolutionary theory.

Indeed people have the right to believe in whatever they want no matter how stupid or ignorant I may deem it to be but that's their right the problem is when they try to force their beliefs on me and to be honest the, and I am sorry if this offends, Islamic community have been acting like a bunch of children, for a religion as old as it is the 'acting like a petulant child' nonsense over any and every little thing is starting to get tiresome.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012