Black Mesa Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Outrance, Apr 6, 2011.

?

Black Mesa is out - Was it worth the wait?

1. Yes!

140 vote(s)
    64.2%
  2. I expected a little more, but still like it.

31 vote(s)
    14.2%
  3. I'm a little disappointed.

15 vote(s)
    6.9%
  4. What were they doing this whole time?!

14 vote(s)
    6.4%
  5. ****** **** ***** ****!!!!

18 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    There should be a rocket launche in a hangar dude, pr maybe i used that nuke gun. I was kind of hiding inside,peaking out and sometimes he would fly really close and u pew pew :)

2. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah ive been trying to take it out with the nuke gun, been hiding in that first building, and just waiting for it to fly across, can't see no hangars about though, as if i try moving further along, another heli pops up, and a few soldiers (this is when im trying to cross the dam).

3. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    yea around there, there was some kind of a building! i ran out, got heli and solders to spawn then ran back in, took soldiers out first then heli!

4. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    There's no rocket launcher to help you with the first helicopter. You have to use the Gauss Rifle (two or three good charged hits did it for me on hard).

5. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Hide in the hanger, listen to the direction of the chopper, in the meantime load up the alternate fire of the nuke gun. Peek out and flickshot to the chopper. After a few hits it should go down and leave you unharmed.

6. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    ^^ This! Yea i think i confused it with second helicopter when you get rocket launcher!

7. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Thanks guys, will give it another go later :D

8. Ryman

Ryman Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 660 x2 SLI
    Ran into a weird bug, just got the crossbow and when I scope in with it, it won't fire & the firing sound effect repeats over & over whilst you remain scoped in. Rather annoying =_=

9. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Lol, you DON'T wanna know HOW many times I've beaten the Half-Life series.

I can easily say I've beaten Half-Life, Opposing Force & Blueshift OVER 30 times...

Never get tired of doing so, epic games...

Yeah, that was one of my favourite stages, I loved that level. On A Rail I presume?

Yeah, you don't wanna know how many times I died when trying to take out the Helicopter.

Once I finally blew the fuccker up it took around 6-8 shots. In the original Half-Life 1-2 shots would of taken the Helicopter down.

The trick is to hide behind the rock and wait for the Heli to stop firing then simply shoot him without taking damage. This was on the stage Surface Tension.

10. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    ^^ yea thats what i did with second heli. You have to wait for him to stop shooting. Well once i took it down i got so excited ran over to the edge to see the debris and feel off :D

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Choppers gone :D

Now at a big minefield with headcrabs popping up all over the place.

12. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    I just got passed the chopper by the dam. Now I come out of a tunnel and into the "lower canal". I can't seem to find where to go?? There's a broken ladder that's to high to reach. And on the other side of this big wall there's another ladder takes you to a control room but the door is locked inside.. Does anyone know where I need to go to advance?

13. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I think ive just past there, you come back out of the control room, and drop onto the ledge just outside, then you follow it around back to that broken ladder, which you can now get up.

Im stuck when you come out of the pipe where the jets fly past, ive followed it around a bit, and can see a health and suit charger on a wall, but ive got to jump across the broken bit, guess its a sprint crouch jump, as its a pretty big leap, and theres soldiers firing up from below.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  14. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I actually didn't have a huge problem destroying it, I was just apalled with the amount of ammo I used. I had to use every rocket in the area, AND 3 fully charged gauss rifle shots before it finally went down. It made no sense too, it was already spinning and on fire, and it STILL took those 3 gauss shots before finally "dying".

15. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Also, use the ladder that takes you to the control room to get on the concrete lip (the inner wall of the canal below). Follow this lip all the way around to the broken one and climb on from there.

16. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Ah! I see. Didn't think about that. Turning on my pc now. Thanks a lot you guys! I appreciate your help. Take care

17. bioCor3

bioCor3 Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 670GTX
    The Headcrab is having the fun fun sexy times! :eek:

18. Basquedude

Basquedude Guest

GPU:
    Diamond 5970 2GB
    No Zen at the end? :(

Would be cool if they made Opposing Force and Blue Shift expansions as well.

19. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    What ruined Black Mesa for me was the fact there were TOO many headcrabs & they annoy the hell out of you.

Every corner, every tunnel they jump at you & rarely miss, so ANNOYING!!!

20. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Theres loads of the buggers in the minefield, i just shoot all the mines so they explode, then just run about to get all the headcrabs out, before blowing em all to kingdom come :D