How is Guild Wars 2 on Nvidia hardware/drivers now?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by HonoredShadow, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    They fixed invis and infinite loadingscreen y-day.

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    There are still people having issues with the draw distance/lod, otherwise I wouldn't of posted what I did.

3. Dranzerk

Dranzerk Active Member

Never had any issues with SLI 580 with gw2. Works fine.

The disappearing of mobs/characters is just a issue that has come up in last couple weeks. But only happens every now and then so not a issue really for most people.

4. snowdweller

snowdweller Guest

GPU:
    Leadtek GTX 580 SLI
    Hey guys just wanna add my 2c

Me and a mate play this and we have exact same settings in game.

He's running an FX6100 and a 6870 with 8gig ram

Everything maxed apart from rendering at native and res at 1080p, he gets between 30-50 fps

My rig is in my sig and my res is 2560x1600 and same settings and I get the same frames.

Putting on super sampling kills both out comps.

Also when we change our specific driver control panel settings in windows to anything but application controlled we both get weird textures like the VGA card is artifacting but only on certain textures.

SOMEONE needs to fix it as I can 60fps BF3 but this mediocre in graphics dept game is killing my PC

P.S is there a way I can get Vsync to be 60 rather than 50? ATM I have in game Vsync off and turned it on in NVCP

5. V9950Monster

V9950Monster Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 970 SLI
    There are definitely some performance issues with the 600 cards, I upgraded from a 480 to a 670. The 480 was running at 2048x1152 and the 670 at 1920x1080, yet performance on the 480 was much better.

6. isquarei

isquarei Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 FTW
    Which drivers are you using? Try out the 301.42 and see if it's any better.

7. V9950Monster

V9950Monster Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 970 SLI
    Currently using 306.97, may try out 301.42 but probably just live with it until they get it fixed.

8. isquarei

isquarei Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 FTW
    306.97 performed drastically worse than the 301.42 for me, the stutter/fps drops are extremely rare and only seems to happen in dense player areas(wvwvw), which I believe is more CPU focused anyway.

9. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Hmm, well I'm not sure what to say then. Maybe try Quality in the Nvidia CP instead of HQ? I'm not even sure it would help much honestly. Have you tried process lasso to set GW2 to high priority for CPU?

10. Varna

Varna Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 690GTX
    Tried those as well with my 690GTX. It's the same really.

Game ran much better on dual 580s for me. I'm just taking a break until (hopefully) it gets resolved.

11. Nepumuk

Nepumuk Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 690
    Until 306.97, performance on EVGA GTX 690 was fantastic. All settings maxed but native sampling. The 306.97 however gives me stuttering when moving around and turning the camera. It is somewhat reduced by enabling vsync (not adaptive) and disabling multi-GPU. So I am sticking with 306.63 until this gets fixed.

12. NudeDragon

NudeDragon Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 680 WF x3
    I've even set it down to performance and yup tried high priority.

13. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    It runs well on my system most of the time. I have everything maxed, except super (running on native). 40-60 FPS almost everywhere Just in some very specific spots GPU usage can drop to 40 % giving me 20ish FPS. I can even force 4x AA and 8x Aniso through Nvidia inspector with little loss.

I'm planning to drop my two GTX460 for two 660ti, once they drop in price below 250 €. I hope I can then go for super and enable AO. If I do that now, I drop to 20-30 FPS permanently.

If this game is really as CPU bound, then it is quite bad at multithreading. When I monitor my CPU with MSI afterburner on my G15, it runs around 20 % load during GW2. That's one core active only.

14. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    GW2 have still big FPS issue, but not due to SLI or crossfire, it is due to coding of the game itself... you need huge CPU.

i wonder if a i7 990x with a nvidia 620 might have bigger FPS than a i3 with 690gtx in SLI ??? might test it :)

btw if you have enjoy GW you will found GW2 less interesting... but more cute.

15. gbooster

gbooster Member Guru

GPU:
    zotac 1080gtx
    It seems to be an issue with the 600 series cards. My 580 runs the game really well.

Here are a few tips about tweaking in game settings that I have used. Reflections caused me to drop a lot of FPS, that seemed to be the biggest culprit. I just turned them all the way off.

I turned off post processing too, but its not as big of a deal. I don't like all the blur, and it did help the frames.

Using Native resolution with AA forced through inspector looked just as good or better than the supersampling in game option with better frame rates.

16. perche24

perche24 Member

GPU:
    kfa2 1060 gtx
    pve run good at 40-60, but wvwvw is horrible, 10-15 fps.

17. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Guess they don't want people to buy this game. Not good advertising is it?

18. NudeDragon

NudeDragon Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 680 WF x3
    Am I the only one who finds the reflections setting to make no sense?

You can be staring at an area with 0 water, 0 reflections. If you set reflections down from all you get a major FPS boost even though you are not standing anywhere near anything that would give off reflections.

This game is so poorly optimized. SWTOR on launch day was a better optimized game than this.

The Secret World which is one of the most graphically advanced MMO's with every modern day DX11 bell and whistle runs better than this game.

19. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Now you see what $15/month gets you.

20. ninjafada

ninjafada Guest

GPU:
    pny 670
    run perfect on my rig
    wvw or big event with dragons lags a lot but when you have 200 or 300 people on the map what do you expect
    the more people near you the more the fps suffer from the wait of their data to refresh

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012