SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -=WolverinE=-

-=WolverinE=- Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX560Ti DirectCu II
    That's the one I'm using. Extract both SweetFX and the ENB injector in your UT2004/System directory and make sure the enbconverter.ini is there with the following parameters:
    Code:
    [PROXY]
    EnableProxyLibrary=1
    InitProxyFunctions=1
    ProxyLibrary=d3d9.dll

You get the d3d9.dll from SweetFX.

Yeah, apparently I missed that part. :p Thanks!

Edit: @Zyrusticae these look pretty nice...like film effects. Seems too dark and not enough sharpness for me though. :)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  2. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    Thanks! Re-trying NAO! :D

3. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    CeeJay.dk, there are 4 parameters FogColor in 1.1v and only 3 in 1.2.
    Can you tell what is difference ?
    When you use Defog greater values, do strength of fog fades or enhances ?

4. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    @Zyrusticae : Those are some awesome shots! Thanks for sharing.
    They really do look like photograps of a CRT.

5. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    In GPU programming color is represented by 4 8-bit color channels that together make up the 32-bit color resolution that you are probably already familar with.

These channels are Red, Green, Blue, and Alpha or RGBA for short.
    Alpha is mainly used for transparency when you need to blend together two textures.

When doing post processing of the screen, as I do in SweetFX, the alpha channel is not necessary as there are no other texture to blend with and the contents of the alpha channel are not shown on screen.

For performance reasons in 1.2 I changed the code in several places so it would not perform calculations on all 4 channels but only on the 3 visible channels.

Several float4 's were changed to float3 's and fogcolor was one of them and the only one that could be set from the settings.

The fogcolor values before were:
    fogColor float4(RED, GREEN, BLUE, NOT USED)

They are now
    fogColor float3(RED, GREEN, BLUE)

6. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
    Would it be possible to get a DX8 version of it for some of the older games (or maybe at least get the sharpening filter to work in DX8)?

7. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    No, but try the DX8 to DX9 wrapper mentioned in the readme.
    Wolverine got it to work with UT 2004

8. wilendar

wilendar Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB
    Hello,
    Can I ask you that there is an option for enabling it in LoL (League of Legends)? If yes, where to put these files then? :)

9. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    NimbusTLD said it works great in League of Legends

I haven't got League of Legends installed, I did find a forum post that said that to use the FXAA injector it needs to be installed to
    C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\releases\0.0.0.133\deploy

SweetFX uses the InjectSMAA dll which is based on the FXAA injector so it should be the same install path.

That last bit looks like a version number and those probably change as new versions are released.
    I'd check in C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\releases\ and see if release 0.0.0.133 still was the most recent, and if not then I'd use the most recent version.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  10. tinywolves

tinywolves Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti SLI
    Hey guys, so I tried this out for Gw2 and it's beautiful and all but I have one issue, and one issue only and it is THIS
    Now the whole game looks freaking amazing don't get me wrong and it's just these stray hairs that look this way. I used the settings that a person posted in here for Gw2. Any idea what may be causing this?

11. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    Can someone post their settings for Dishonored

Thankyou :)

12. maddbomber83

maddbomber83 Guest

GPU:
    660ti
    Hello! Registered on this forums just for your mod. I really enjoy it. I've played around with the 1.1 version in GW2, Borderlands2 and the Planetside 2 Beta.

Very impressed with your work. Now to play with 1.2 and see what it does!

For those interested, I made the folowing 4 short HD videos of GW2 where I toggle this off and on. I found it easier to compare in a video than screenshots. This is what I show people when I'm saying ' Try out this mod! '

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAYnWC8FoQM&hd=1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2oXdokH3-c&hd=1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaX4CA1o3CI&hd=1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tlu1jAnGIxY&hd=1

13. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    @ PirateNeilsouth

Dishonored by BetA (still tweaking ...)

In indoor scenes u have this grey fog all around...im trying to remove it, sharpen up the scene a bit and give it a nice smaa boost over the sgssaa settings in NVInspctor...

Ok, lets start with the NVidia AA Bits for SGSSAA and some screens..

AA Bits:

0x000010C1
    0x004040C1 (the one i use atm) ( 4 x 4 SGSSAA + SFX)

Might wanna give the Negative LOD a little more boost..like 1.000.The 0.750 still seems a little to blurry..but still way better then without AA..

Screens:

Direct compare: --> Mouse OVER = SGSSAA

NO AA: (ingame)

[​IMG]

SGSSAA 4x4:

[​IMG]

SGSSAA 4x4 + sweetFX Cineon testing... a little too bright atm, but ill get there :)

[​IMG]

Here are the NV Inspector settings i use atm..

[​IMG]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the sweetFX comparsions for the Version im working on...

No SweetFX

[​IMG]

SweetFX

[​IMG]
    No SweetFX

[​IMG]
    SweetFX

[​IMG]
    No SweetFX

[​IMG]
    SweetFX

[​IMG]
    SweetFX

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

more Pics coming........
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Settings for SweetFX i use are:

sharpens the Scene and Textures..its better then before..
    smaa
    tiny little bit vibrance (0.1)
    custom HDR just to remove the grey Fog that comes with the Unreal Engine
    look for dark places or when u are inside to see what i mean..
    works and looks best in combination with SGSSAA 4x4 and Negative LOD of -1.000...Remember TURN OFF INGAME AA!!!

-BetA-

Edit:

changed teh HDR a bit to maintain the Original Game style, wich i believe is awesome..

14. maddbomber83

maddbomber83 Guest

GPU:
    660ti

Tried your settings and it does look good. The DPX seems mostly to add a good deal of focused contrast. I had to scale back hard on the sharpening, hdr and bloom.

Once the toggle profile functionality is in maybe play some more with it, as it is hard to compare 1 profile with it on and the other settings lowered with it off and them at normal.

15. tinywolves

tinywolves Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti SLI

Could you explain what causes the hazziness effect. I don't like saturation, infact I desaturate my game but I like how you have it set and it looks hazzy to me, murky even. Donno the appropriate word but what causes it to look like that, could you maybe post your full settings please

16. ninjafada

ninjafada Guest

GPU:
    pny 670
    does anyone has neutrals values for hdr, i tryed DPX on gw2 was able to enhance details far away for a time of the day
    with the change of light during the day i have too much dark or light so i had to remove hdr
    so i try to find settings for hdr near no change
    or perhaps could add a blend setting for hdr idk

17. smashly

smashly Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 560ti / GTX 670
    Hi,
    I'm writing a GUI for SweetFX, mainly for my own use but with intent of sharing with others as it becomes more functional.
    Atm I have been hard coding controls in the GUI by reading the SweetFX_settings.txt manually and working out what controls I need.

I would like to make my GUI use dynamic control generation from it reading a loaded SweetFX_settings.txt and it to generate the controls, min/max values and descriptions, on the fly as needed.

The problems I'm having in doing this is:
    Non uniform #define naming convention your using in some parts of the settings.
    One example of what I mean non uniform naming:
    Code:
    #define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING 1

#define SMAA_THRESHOLD 0.12
    #define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS 16
    #define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG 6
    #define SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING 0

// -- Advanced SMAA settings -- <--- I use // -- XXXXXXXX -- to generate a sub section group box for the Advanced SMAA settings below.
    #define COLOR_EDGE_DETECTION 1 <--  No leading SMAA_ breaks uniform naming. 
    #define SMAA_DIRECTX9_LINEAR_BLEND 0
    As you can guess it's all string play and distinguishing what setting belongs to what #define USE_XXXX_
    Makes it so I'm having to write a long work around that can still be hit or miss at times.

Uniform way to look for Min/Max value and Descriptions:
    Example of what I mean:
    Code:
    #define sharp_strength 0.6 // (0.2-2.0) <-- Anything after // inside (min-max) or [min-max] or (min-max, min-max, min-max) is how I'm looking for Min/Max values and ","  is treated as a delimiter inside ()
    If there is no // or //(min-max) or //[min-max] or //(min-max, min-max, min-max) then I can only offer a input box control for a value.
    I'd prefer not to do this unless necessary as it only makes room for user input error.
    Basically every #define setting line needs // after the setting value even if there is no description or no min/max value .
    Nothing after the the #define setting value means I generate an unfiltered input box and I know it's only going to cause grief from a user typing in a random value and my gui passing it into the SweetFX_settings.txt.

My ramblings are in no way meant as criticism to SweetFX and I don't expect you to change things to suite what I want, but if you could make the SweetFX_settings.txt to be more uniform then I'd really like to continue finishing of my GUI and share it with others.

18. xornand

xornand Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580
    Thank you for the Dishonored settings, they look great.

Does anyone have settings for Dark Souls?

19. blaidd

blaidd Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 OC DualX
    Sometimes it sucks being German... I won't be able to play Dishonored till it finaly comes out the day after tomorrow...

Well, time will fly playing with SweetFX. =)

Shift 2 Unleashed:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Comparison:
    [​IMG]

20. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
    I tried, but it isn't working in my case (game called Vietcong). While it loads fine, only reflective textures (like glass) show up in-game, everything else is black.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.