Modern Warfare Map Removed After Complaints From Muslim Gamers

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Oct 9, 2012.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Source: http://kotaku.com/5949764/modern-warfare--map-removed-after-complaints-from-muslim-gamers

Whats next Swastika ?

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    I didnt read the whole topic but if that's what they want and developer does what their customers are asking, then both sides r okay.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    did the majority of customers want that?

4. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    What? They only noticed this now 3 years later?

5. smashly

smashly Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 560ti / GTX 670
    So in a game you kill people, mame and blow people up, but heaven forbid if you hang a picture on a wall in a game you might offend someones religion ... ffs

6. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    What a stupid religion.

They are fine with being portrayed as terrorists but not this?

7. XBEAST

XBEAST Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 770 Gaming
    All religions are equally stupid.

8. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Lol, that was a lazy oversight by the developers of MW2 to just take a snap shot of some writings on a frame from real world and put it up inside the game without knowing what it was.

The issue is not about religion, its more of an incomplete homework done (lack of knowledge) by the developers (level designers) to check what they are putting into the game...that too on the lines of copy/pasting stuff (HAHA)

9. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Not really. I'd take buddhism over any of the monotheistic desert dogmas anyday of the week.

10. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Why do we insist on pandering to the lowest denominators?

Pretty much sums up their religion though, mass killing of people in a game that's ok!

painting saying are imaginary friend likes beautify in same said game ****ING REMOVE IT NOW!!

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    ^^^ This

I've always considered religion as an archaic concept that primitive man believed in because they didn't understand the world around them, what their purpose was and, above all else, feared death and the uncertainty surrounding it. I don't believe religion has any place in an intelligent, highly developed modern culture. Ultimately, it does not matter what anyone chooses to believe in because once you're dead, you're dead. You don't get to come back and say I told you so! This is what makes some religions dangerous though as some religions are not very tolerant of others' beliefs.

12. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    I really don't like people sometimes...

It's like when you see on the news that a new law gets passed for something incredibly trivial and you think to yourself; THAT'S what they've been working on/talking about this whole time? Do they not have bigger issues to worry about like say, crime rate, education, economy?

Extreme facepalm for humanity.

13. Ohnooze

Ohnooze Guest

While I do not agree with your opinion I will respect it.

I can’t speak for any other faiths but from a Christian point of view I see A LOT more good than negative from my faith. Every day millions of Christians make choices based off of what we believe to be true. In general we try to be decent people and a lot of that is based off of our faith. I think the world would be a MUCH worse place without a belief in God. How you can say “I don't believe religion has any place in an intelligent, highly developed modern culture” is beyond me considering all the amazing things that people of all faiths do to help people in need every single day.

Now that said there are people of every faith that are ignorant, intolerant, judgmental and everything else you can think of. People will be people regardless of faith and some will become misguided. That’s just how the human race is and will always be.

From my personal point of view I think it’s insanely closed minded to out the idea of creation. I like science but the fact is we know almost nothing when you look at life and existence. Because we do not know does not automatically mean there must be a God but if we don’t have all the answers we should try to keep our minds open to all possibilities.

Also you can’t say “ultimately, it does not matter what anyone chooses to believe in because once you're dead, you're dead” because you don’t know that and it cannot be proven. And most people of faith I know wouldn’t want to come back and say something like “say I told you so!”.

And then you talk about “some religions are not very tolerant of others' beliefs”. Well some people who don’t believe in any God are not very tolerant of people who do believe. Just read through this topic. In fact you agreed with the comment “All religions are equally stupid”…..is that your idea of being tolerant of others' beliefs?

Just my opinion. I know being a Christian and not being afraid to say it on this board probably puts me in the minority here but I’m ok with that.

14. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI

And their are millions of atheists doing good towards others too, many scientists curing illness pushing science forward and are understanding of the world not trying to hold this knowledge back in fear of it making their beliefs look even more absurd than they already do.

They are doing good without the fear of hell or the fear of judgement from a imaginary entity, without the need of a book to tell them how to be good to others no matter who they are.

They do good because they are good people without the need for religion.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  15. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Oh noes! We wouldn't want to offend someone!

16. Ohnooze

Ohnooze Guest

I don't understand your point.

I never said you had to be a person of faith to be a good person. My point is that because of faith a lot of good things take place. Churches do a lot of things to help people in need.

17. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    And nothing bad ever happens because of faith and religion :D

18. Ohnooze

Ohnooze Guest

Read my first post again. People will do bad things no matter what they believe because that’s the human race.

That said in today’s time the Christian faith does a whole lot more good than bad. There are then ones who are a bit crazy but there is a whole lot of love out there too and it has nothing to do with hell or fear.

19. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    This is so lame tho! How is that offensive?!"Allah is beautiful and He loves beauty". Sub it with Jesus and nobody would give a crap about it! Get a grip!

20. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    So does the Salvation Army, Red Cross, YMCA, etc... You don't need religion to help people in need.