X-FI Xtrememusic dying?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by powerspec, Oct 1, 2012.

1. powerspec

powerspec Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FTW3
    Started to happen about a year ago, I will get no sound at all coming from the sound card and windows shows there is no output from it. Rebooting does not fix the issue, only way to fix is to uninstall the drivers and reinstall them. Moving to a different PCI slot does not fix it sadly. It has been happening more and more lately. Is it on its death bed? I am running the latest drivers and beta drivers.

If so, what would you recommend to replace it with? The integrated sound does not work on my motherboard, just found that out as I was just going to use it (kinda sad it does not work on this high end motherboard). I have a Z-5500 sound system so I need a sound card that supports the 3 audio jacks and not optical as that is being used for my Apple TV. It can be PCI or PCI-E 1x as I have both slots open.

If you need anything else, just ask.

2. If you can could you test out the component in a different system?

3. Tacoboy

Tacoboy Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7800
  4. powerspec

powerspec Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FTW3
    I can not, this is my only system I have. All my friends have motherboards that ether don't have PCI or don't have the time to test it out for me.

What does the "non-HD" mean? That does look like a nice upgrade. I've had my XtremeMusic from day one it launch, so it is quite old.

5. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Theirs Two X-FI Titanium's the older model which what he linked you to which is a muiti channel output card. And then the newer X-FI Titanium HD which is a Stereo card similar to the Xonar STX minus the headphone amp.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    My XtremeMusic was doing exactly the same. Had it for around 4 years before it developed that. It would work fine and then nothing. It dissapeared. Reinstalling drivers worked sometimes, but not always. moving to a different slot also sometimes worked. until it disappeared again. At the end I just gave up and gave it to my brother. It didn't work in his pc. I say throw it and get yourself a budget soundcard if you can't afford a $100+ one. My Xonar DG is great for me, very good for what you pay. Just one of the options.

7. Kinfa

Kinfa Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX580 8GB
    Did you install SSD in your system about a year ago? If so then look at "sound dissapears at startup" thread in Creative forum. 47 pages!

http://forums.creative.com/showthread.php?t=567821

I had same issue, then bought Xonar DS, now I'm back on XtremeGamer. It works few days for now. I tried everything, but it seems there is no real solution for this.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  8. powerspec

powerspec Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FTW3
    I do have a SSD, but it started before I bought it, but now that you say this, it is happening more now that I have a SSD in my system. Everything that he is saying in the creative forum post is what my system is doing. I guess I'll just buy a new one!

I may buy that X-Fi Titanium, is there anything else that would be better than that? I can spend anywhere up to 150-200$. I could go optical if the sound card could decode DD or DTS for my Z-5500's but I would rather keep the analog cables.

9. stormy

stormy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX 7600
    My Xtreme Music has started to do the same thing, and I added a SSD back the end of April this year. Based on what I saw in that thread on the Creative forums and some of what has been said here, sounds like mine has developed the same issue.

10. Tacoboy

Tacoboy Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7800
    Headphones

What headphones do you use, with your computer?

11. powerspec

powerspec Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FTW3
    I don't use headphones. I just have a Z-5500 sound system.